PDA

View Full Version : side discharging but leaving a mess

contourbs
08-22-2004, 08:15 PM
i mow rental houses before people rent them, problem is the grass gets really tall before rentens move in. i have to cut the yard 3 times on the highest setting before it looks cut. problem is all the grass clippings are everywhere and looks like crap.is there anything i can attach to the ztr to pick up the clippings.its all on bahia grass.

tiedeman
08-22-2004, 08:18 PM
is there a way to get them on a schedule for they don't get so tall?

contourbs
08-22-2004, 08:24 PM
i wish but i dont get them till there that high

tiedeman
08-22-2004, 08:27 PM
do what I do, I tell customers up front, that it will be chopped down, but it won't look pretty. I tell them it will take at least 3 mowings before it starts to look half way descent

contourbs
08-22-2004, 08:29 PM
the only problem with that is that renters may more in before then,what about a lawn sweeper, any good?

tiedeman
08-22-2004, 08:30 PM
I look at it this way, can you offset the cost of the bagger unit with doing these properties and charging a little bit more.

contourbs
08-22-2004, 09:17 PM
never even priced one, its a toro 44 z150master. what would be the cost. i dont even know if the rental manager cares with the look, its just me when i leave after cutting it and it looks like crap

CJ GreenScapes
08-22-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by contourbs
i dont even know if the rental manager cares with the look, its just me when i leave after cutting it and it looks like crap

I've been in the same situation several times. The owner/manager cares less about how it looks than you do. You either have to get over it and leave it like it is because they won't pay more, or stop doing them.

I quit doing them because pride in my work is more important than what I was being paid.

Good luck to ya...

Sneaky
08-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Double cut at 2.5 inches throwing to the uncut side on first pass. This works best for me. Bahia is a pita anyway you go at it. I've had some get 2 feet in a week this year.