PDA

View Full Version : Walker MTGHS

wakesetter2001
08-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I am looking for a good used Walker MTGHS with a 42" deck, 48" would be OK but I would have to redo my trailer to make it work. Does any one near Oregon have one, know of one, or does anyone know of good places to check out on the web for good used Walkers in or near Oregon.

Thanks
Exclusive Landscape Maintenance

CJ GreenScapes
08-23-2004, 04:32 PM
You might want to try eBay. Just be careful and check it out closely...

wakesetter2001
08-23-2004, 06:33 PM
I check e-bay everyday, Everything is on the east coast so shipping or pick up would be a fortune, and they are all worn out or very little use and I may as well by a new one. My local dealer will sell a new MTGHS 20h 42" for $9350.00

Thanks for the thought

dkeisala
08-23-2004, 06:47 PM
I just bought that same mower last year at this time for $8800 in Vancouver, just north of Portland, OR

wakesetter2001
08-23-2004, 07:44 PM
dkeisala,
Do you happen to remember the name of the dealer or maybe a phone number?

dkeisala
08-23-2004, 07:56 PM
Clark County Lawn & Tractor - Being in Bend, there has to be equipment dealers closer to you than way up here.

GrassBustersLawn
08-23-2004, 07:58 PM
dkeisala

How do you like that unit? I have been thinking about buying one, but think I would go with the BIGGER HP (25 I think). What do you think?

Mike

dkeisala
08-23-2004, 08:35 PM
everyone seems to be horsepower junkies around here. the 20 horse Kohler is just fine for me. got plenty of power for what we are doing around here, wet or dry grass. i love it, perfect for us and some of the best money i've spent.

wakesetter2001
08-23-2004, 10:42 PM
dkeisala,
I do have a local dealer but like I said they will not go any lower then $9350 for that mower. So I just thought I would look around a little more.

Mike,
I used to work for a larger company in the oregon valley, (lots of rain) we used a MTGHS 20 with 48" deck and a MTGHS 26 with 48" deck they both worked great in wet grass or leaves and I never had any problems with them at all. HP didn't seen to be an issue with either mower. We did have a full time Mec. that did weekly maint. to the units so that helped keep them in the field rather then in the shop. Like I said though with the maint we never had a major problem.

lawncarepros2004
08-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Hey neighbor. Been really happy with the 20hp and I know several LCO's who love it as well.

walker-talker
08-26-2004, 05:23 PM
I have the 26hp EFI unit and love it. I discharge in the summer with the 52" deck and collect in the spring/fall with leaves, scalping and cleanups.

dkeisala
08-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by walker-talker
I have the 26hp EFI unit and love it. I discharge in the summer with the 52" deck and collect in the spring/fall with leaves, scalping and cleanups. I've heard they have had problems with their EFI units. Mine has been in the shop a few times over the last year with safety switch malfunctions that would cause the mower to shut down then not restart. Now they are telling me it has a 5 amp breaker on it but it needs a 7 amp breaker. Now it is going back in next week to have that replaced. They're doing it under warrranty even though it expired yesterday.

Other than that it has been great. I know, I know - great mower....when it runs! They've been minor problems though and the dealer fixed them quickly.

CJ GreenScapes
08-26-2004, 11:39 PM
I have the 25hp and have been very impressed with the power it has - and I have put it through some rough stuff... I am also considering the 52"SD to use during the summer. Walker-Talker, I assume you are happy with your's?

sethsodsquad
08-27-2004, 12:44 AM
You have to be willing to pay quite a bit for Walkers - like the saying - you get what you pay for. What I have encountered with Walkers is a great, sturdy product.

dkeisala - the safety switch you are talking about has nothing to do with the engine. Walkers are known to have some safety switch problems, but they are easy to fix, all you need to do is clean off (usually) the one on the PTO engagement lever.

Seth

dkeisala
08-27-2004, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by sethsodsquad
You have to be willing to pay quite a bit for Walkers - like the saying - you get what you pay for. What I have encountered with Walkers is a great, sturdy product.

dkeisala - the safety switch you are talking about has nothing to do with the engine. Walkers are known to have some safety switch problems, but they are easy to fix, all you need to do is clean off (usually) the one on the PTO engagement lever.

Seth Well, yes and no. If a safety switch goes haywire the engine won't work. Kind of the reason for a safety switch...right? I realize they aren't one of the same but they are inter-related. And I've tried your solution, trust me...didn't work.