PDA

View Full Version : Exmark 27 hp Liquid-cooled

JamesM
08-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Hey all,

I am looking at buying a new Exmark 60" liquid cooled 27 hp. Does anyine have any opinions of liquid cooled? I have had an 48" hp for some time but need a larger machine and my dealer has a good deal on the LQ.
Thanks in advance.

James

ACut AboveLandscapin
08-23-2004, 10:31 PM
I have purchased one this year with the ultra vac. The thing is amazing. It absolutely is the best mower I have ever used. I currently own a 52" Hp Rider with 23 hp. It is a pure tank when it comes to grass no matter what the conditions! Buy it and you will not understand how you made it with out one.

jsr2741
08-24-2004, 12:24 AM
Are you going to buy right away or are you going to get it for next year. If your getting it for next year why not wait for the new XS model. 31 Hp Briggs and bigger pumps. Suppose to be a beast.

JamesM
08-24-2004, 12:59 AM
Yes I would be using it this year. I havent seen any info on the XS you are talking about though.

Thanks, James

Runner
08-26-2004, 12:24 AM
The XS is already out. 10 grand, out the door, here. The 27 LC is a great machine also, though. The only thing is, that the Kaw motors are some expensive repairs. Other than that, they are nice.

Acute Cut
08-26-2004, 09:32 AM
I think that TURF magazine has an article coming out in the next issue with that exact mower in it. I could be wrong though.

green acres lawns
08-27-2004, 08:10 PM
I HAVE A 60" LAZER/23 HP LIQUID COOLED KAW THAT I BOUGHT NEW IN 2000. FOR TWO YEARS I MOWED A 48 ACRE PER WEEK SCHOOL SYSTEM WITH IT. IT NOW HAS ABOUT 1200 HOURS ON IT. THE LC ENGINE HAS BEEN FLAWLESS. I WENT THROUGH A WHEEL BARREL FULL OF BLADES, A FEW BELTS AND A SET OF SPINDLE BEARINGS( FROM MOWING IN THE RAIN). I TURNED THE RPM'S UP TO 3950 A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. I ALSO ADDED AN OCDC ( THE DIRECTOR) WHICH WORKS GREAT. I STILL USE IT ON LARGER PROPERTY'S WHERE I CAN LET'ER FLY. GREAT MOWER, NICE STRIPES.

Sam-Ohio
08-28-2004, 03:15 AM
You know Scag has used the 31 hp big block Vanguard all this year, and of course they have been running the 16 cc Hydro Gear pumps on all the Turf Tigers too. From that experience I can advise you that the Briggs Vanguard has been a great engine and there has been no problems with it that I know of. The only thing I would say is that I would only get one if I were running a 72 inch mower. The 31 hp engine is more powerful than you need for the 61 inch mower. The 27 hp Kohlers have enough power to run the 61 inch deck machines as fast as is practical. If you try to run even faster by just slamming in more horsepower two things begin to raise the operating costs. First , you will blow more deck drive belts, and second , your fuel consumption is going to rise about 10 to 12 %.

Where I find this engine to be most helpful is with the 72 inch mowers , especially if they are being used around hilly terain. The reason I say this is the machine gets a lot faster mowing up hills, but not so fast that it excedes the mowers capacity to handle and discharge the grass clippings, so it doesn't lead to a lot of belt breakage. The extra fuel consumption is balanced by the extra productivity of the mower.

So on a 61 inch Scag anyway, I don't know if it's real practical, or if it's main value was just for bragging rights, but it is a real nice engine on a 72 inch mower.

It will be interesting to know if the 60 inch Exmark can be made to run fast enough to pay the extra purchase price and the extra fuel costs too, without having the maintenance costs rise enough to bring little or no extra profit.

Envy Lawn Service
08-28-2004, 03:35 AM
I've been waiting to see this Lazer Z XS machine myself...
I like Briggs and I'm a HP HAWG! 31/60 sounds about right...
I've been wondering if it has that double mule drive system to the deck?
I'm not a fan of the H-Shaft engine setup or mule drives though...
What's the point in that I ask???

Anyways, I was excited... but I can't see or justify 10K for one, sorry... :(

The money would probably be better spent on a diesel mower...

Wouldn't mind to see a Lazer Z KD...
28 HP Kubota diesel w/60" deck...

Exmark owes me one if they build it!!!!