PDA

View Full Version : clumping

stevesmowing
08-24-2004, 08:49 AM
I have an encore 48" walk behind mower that leaves windrows of grass that I have to blow off. I have the safety shoot up. Does it have anything to do with blade spacers? I have 3 between the blade and the spindle. I am running high lift blades as well. The opening is only 9.5" wide does this have anything to do with it?

walker-talker
08-24-2004, 08:55 AM
You are discharging and leaving windrows? How high is the grass and is it wet?

geogunn
08-24-2004, 08:55 AM
IMO--alot of factors affect the clumping. height/wetness of grass are huge factors and can make any mower clump.

I dunno if the encore is prone to clumping but I know my LESCO 48 is not. good luck.

GEO :)

stevesmowing
08-24-2004, 01:05 PM
The grass isn't real tall it just seems to leave windrows I have seen other guys use their mowers cutting off even more grass and they don't have this problem. Even if I double cut I end up with the windrows.

geogunn
08-24-2004, 02:11 PM
steves--I say mess with the spacers.

switch them up and down and make comparisons.

you say you are running high lifts.... are you sure? perhaps they are med-lift and just look high lift???? I dunno--I am just suggesting you should make sure and don't trust the dealer without making sure he is right.

my LESCO guys were selling me anything they could because they knew I'd buy. :eek:

GEO