PDA

View Full Version : yellow jackets?

jug head
08-24-2004, 11:53 AM
So yesterday i'm doing my monday evening mow at a cemetery here in town. It's usually quiet and I hold it for mondays to relive some stress and be by myself for a hour or so. So i'm chugging along on my turf tiger all laid back with loose shorts on--all of a sudden-- bang--something has attacked little jug head with a vengeance.. I'm about to pass out at this point before i can get the dang mower stopped. Finally get it stopped and jump off and drop my shorts and drawers to the ground right there and start digging the yellow jacket out of my crotch!! got hit three times on the boys and once on the straight shaft .

But it gets worse--I look over and there is an old Lady laying beside a bench rolling--(so i'm thinking here goes this contract--she's had a heart attack) well i walk over and in my most humble demeanor apologize for basically flashing her. well she has tears coming out of her eyes and said "thats o.k. it was the best laugh she has had in years..too much in-fact i've pissed my-self" --she had a cab coming to pick her up in about 30 mins and was ashamed to ride in it so she was gonna walk home.. well since I had caused it more or less (and didn't want an indecent exposure charge" I offed to take her home-- She accepted and when i dropped her off she asked what I would charge to take over mowing of her properties-- come to find out--her grandson just went off to college (mowed for her) and the lady is loaded-- She has four duplexes in a row next to her house--

So i got a good contract out of it--but Dang what a way to start the week--and guys I have been rode hard all night and this morning--my wife put my little girl up to asking me if the lady was gonna take me to "small claims" COURT-- She teaches k-garden and had one of her friends call to set up an appointment for the "STRIPPING LAWN BOY" to do a bachelorette party--and on and on--

sorry for the long post--but had to share with someone who has been in my shoes--"or drawers":o :o :o

chevyman1
08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
that's a friggin riot....just goes to show you, sometimes being in the right place at the right time is all it takes, and your professionalism thru it all landed you more business

Gravely_Man
08-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Glad to hear that turned out ok for you. I was quite concerned when the yellow jackets had "gone south" but it sounds like you made out.

Gravely_Man

meathead1134
08-24-2004, 01:19 PM
All I've got to say is no pain no gain

jug head
08-24-2004, 01:29 PM
yep--my wife gave me a dixie cup with ice to soak them in--lol actually it hurt most of the night--I just thank goodness, i'm not allergic. I could see the headline's now!

AL Inc
08-24-2004, 01:52 PM
It was painful just reading that. Glad it worked out for the best.

locutus
08-24-2004, 01:55 PM
Look on the bright side. The additional swelling could come in handy.

promower
08-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Painfull band funny to read. I hit a bees nest last week with my hedge trimmer and got stung a few times on my arm before I knew what was going on. I'll take 100 bee stings on the arm before 1 where you got stung!:cry: