PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got IT

SCOTLAND YARD
08-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Well I might have waited until the end of season or so, but I finally bought my new mower. After months of debates w/ the wife over why a Walker is the best or how I can make do with a John Deere Quick Track. She finally told me to go and buy the mower that will work for the next 4 years and then buy another when we added a second crew.

Finally - For the grand price of $7800.00 I recieved on Sat. my very on Turf Tiger 52" cut w/ a 23 horse Liquid cooled motor.

This was a 2003 close out w/ only .5 hours on it.

This thing cuts like a dream. It will take a while for me too get used to the size, but I cant wait until Im 100% on it.

Bring on the big lots and open estates.

zpoore
08-24-2004, 11:58 AM
congrats on the new mower good luck

walker-talker
08-24-2004, 12:18 PM
If you debated with the wife the reasons why the Walker was the best.....why didnt you buy a Walker?

Just curious

BSDeality
08-24-2004, 12:29 PM
i'm not a big scag fan, but isn't that price a little high? i think my dealer has 27/60's for $7900.

either way, good luck with your new machine.

jug head
08-24-2004, 12:57 PM
Mines been a true work horse, without eating alot of hay-- only wish it had some springs on the seat--don't know if the new one's have them now or not--but your back will sure fill it at the end of the day. Sounds like a nice machine-- take care of it and it will last you a long time. They will sure cut faster than I want to ride it.

Gravely_Man
08-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Best of luck on your new equipment. Don't forget to keep up on the preventive maintenance.

Gravely_Man

SCOTLAND YARD
08-30-2004, 11:39 AM
The walker was awesome as far as quality cut on a well maintained (level lot) yard. But for the money I wanted something I could cut the back yard (bumps and all) Also the walker as nice as it is has real dealer support issues. No one in my area really wanted to help out, For 10,000 dollars I wanted to at least cut a yard or two. All the dealers offered for me to ride around their parking lot - If i wanted.

Thanks for the support, because of this site I have learned more than I would have ever thought. Kind of like when you actually started to listen to your parents/grandparents instead of just hearing them.