PDA

View Full Version : landscapers do not have a clue

greg6775
08-24-2004, 12:13 PM
landscapers should not be treating yards they have no business on how to apply fert or weed control many of you will be fined by the epa if you have any fert just 1 bag of fert laying in your truck you will be fined for it i have worked for them for many years and sprayed for 10 years now i own my own spray business to many landscapers trying to take that away but have no clue on what there doing i feel sorry for the cust that they are treating epa is out and looking so better make sure you have operator lic and million dollar insurance pol and all your sheets the fine is not pretty

GreenMonster
08-24-2004, 12:15 PM
I'd like to buy a period, please (.)

greg6775
08-24-2004, 12:17 PM
sorry was in a hurry

Tvov
08-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Is there a particular reason / situation that made you post this? Or are you just ranting during lunch?

TSM
08-24-2004, 01:27 PM
well, ya know, they can go into any lesco...have a sales person behind the counter that may or maynot have a clue, and suddenly everyone is an expert

Know what i have a problem with, the guy who really doesnt know how to use his string line trimmer. so he scalps all the edges..along driveways, streets, beds, etc etc...then we have to answer to why the crabgrass is such a problem
*sigh*

greg6775
08-24-2004, 01:28 PM
nah just telling the truth does it hurt

KenH
08-24-2004, 02:03 PM
So I will be fined for having one bag of fertilizer in my truck??

greg6775
08-24-2004, 02:06 PM
yes you will guess you havent heard of all the people being fined for that no licen no fert in company truck

Ken Kesey
08-24-2004, 02:33 PM
"Landscapers" is a broad term. Many landscapers are licensed to spray, also.

I think you need to step down from your thrown and take a bite out of a reality sandwich.

greg6775
08-24-2004, 02:59 PM
go cut some grass how hard

airtractrdrivr
08-24-2004, 03:02 PM
Man, I dont know where you are, or how much experience you have, but I've been a licensed applicator in Oklahoma for 12 years now, and you DO NOT need a license to buy, possess, apply, or otherwise use fertilizer. Now, having said that, I will also say that being able to buy it, and actually knowing how to apply it correctly are two entirely different things. I know some landscaping firms around here that have way more experience applying fertilizer than most of the applicators I know, so you might check yourself before you go lumping all "landscapers" into one group by saying that none of them know what they are doing.

kalyeah
08-24-2004, 03:29 PM
Sounds to me like someone has lost some business to a landscaper.

gscone
08-24-2004, 03:35 PM
Greg...

By no means am I a landscaper but a Cisco engineer. Please do not use this forum to bash at this industry or more so, the people whom make a living within this industry. Also, Learn to use a period (.) at the completion of a sentence. Your grammar speaks volumes for itself.

GC

Runner
08-24-2004, 03:46 PM
I'm confused by this whole thread,....because so far, I haven't learned a SINGLE thing! What are we talkinfg about, exactly? What's the deal with the fertilizer being illegal? Is it really ILLEGAL to spread fert. in Kentucky without a license? If it is,..I thought MICHIGAN was bad for regulations!

Ken Kesey
08-24-2004, 04:06 PM
As far as I've ever heard it is illegal to provide any fert-n-squirt, roundup, ect... if you are not licensed. You cannot charge for this service if you don't have the credentials.

It's to protect the public and the environment.

But what Greg is eluding to is that landscapers should stay out of the way for fert-n-squirt companies.

But what he doesn't understand is that many are licensed to do this work. He has something up his..um.. well, you know.

kickin sum grass
08-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Not that greg is making much sense but in his defense, in Kentucky you MUST have a license for plain fert to posses and apply. I know a guy that had a bag of fert in his lettered truck, drove into Ky to visit someone, and got pulled over and fined.

greg6775
08-24-2004, 05:09 PM
Thats all iam saying people dont need to get mad just no the rules.

WeatherMan
08-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Greg is a new member and already trolling

2 man crew
08-24-2004, 07:24 PM
You should post this in the landscape forum too. lol

And Yes it is illegal to spread fertilizer with out a license in MN. I'm sure it's like that in other states as well. Two separate licenses. The Fertilizer license is one that covers the entire Co. and all legal employees. The pesticide license is an individual license for each employee that applicates pesticides. Both need to be renewed each year. I see a few that are not licenced. Dept. of Ag has that all on their web site in MN. Greg maybe you should check your states web site.

Lazer_Z
08-24-2004, 08:20 PM
In my lovely state of NJ you have to have a license to apply everything except regular fert. Greg relax and welcome to LawnSite. :)

LwnmwrMan22
08-24-2004, 09:05 PM
2 man crew -

when do you go for your recertification? At the green expo in Minneapolis?

Green Dreams
08-24-2004, 09:18 PM
I ran into a fellas sign a couple of weeks ago. Saw a sign written with a marker that looked like it was from a 10 year old, called him and when he said he did pesticide apps, I forwarded it all to the state. Saw that SOB today at Lesco....buying more stuff. I told the Lesco guy that I dropped a dime on him. He thanked me saying he was amazed at what a moron he was and thats after 8 years at TGCL and one at Scott's. Mr Lesco told me how this dilweed got some iron in a pool and wanted to know "what chemical to put in the pool to clear up the spots."

Yeah, I turn them all in and he's a great example of why...

Tscape
08-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Greg, please use punctuation.
No=negative
Know=posses knowledge

Too=in addition, also
To=towards, and TOO many other things To mention

You guys make great whiskey, but aren't TOO good at book learnin', are y'all?

Avery
08-24-2004, 09:43 PM
With his vast knowledge of the English language I am suprised Greg can read the labels on what he is applying..... Go away troll.

greg6775
08-24-2004, 09:53 PM
yell al lyou want cause you no iam right i wasent trying to be a prick but if you people responding are the ones are mad you must be the guys and spraying and not knowing what you are doing as i said before

sjj14
08-24-2004, 10:00 PM
geez, such emotions this is better than " the smoking gun". Can't we all just get along. actually keep going I am enjoying the text!

Avery
08-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Hey greg...hooked on fonics werked fer me!

And you are the only one yelling. I have been licensed for over 20 years. And yes I have some idea what I am doing.

SCAG POWER
08-24-2004, 10:27 PM
Man the the bull is flying tonight. This is how it is in Florida first you must be license to apply fert and any thing else you want to spray on the grounds of a customers lawn.The only way around it is the yard man clause that says the home owner supplies every thing and you put it down for FREE, thats rite you can't charge JACK.

Now their are so many fert style companys running around Orlando, that too try to go againts you would be just waisting your time and effort. I know of 4 people that work for different companys that i send them leads and they send me leads.

When you mow yards that are some where around 2.5 acres to 6.5 acres you don't have time to do any fert or any thing else that you realy don't want too.:cool:

Ken Kesey
08-24-2004, 10:33 PM
Turfscape LLC,

If you're going to harp on someone for their spelling you may want to check yourself while you're at it.

"Know=posses knowledge"

I think you mean, "possess".

greg6775
08-24-2004, 10:38 PM
well iam not a computer guy spray guy no typeing skills so say al lyou want landscapers but we all no you going to get fineddd just watch whats coming up in a couple of weeks

TREEGODFATHER
08-24-2004, 10:45 PM
What a bunch of happy horsesh!t.

Greg, bring that computer back to Wal-Mart, and tell them you're too illiterate to own one.

Organic's the way to go anyways. Open up a ChemLawn and see what's in it.

TSM
08-25-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by TREEGODFATHER
Organic's the way to go anyways. Open up a ChemLawn and see what's in it.

Huh????

2 man crew
08-25-2004, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by LwnmwrMan22
2 man crew -

when do you go for your recertification? At the green expo in Minneapolis?

I've had to re test every year. I keep missing the recert. workshops. (I plow too)

airtractrdrivr
08-25-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by greg6775
well iam not a computer guy spray guy no typeing skills so say al lyou want landscapers but we all no you going to get fineddd just watch whats coming up in a couple of weeks

Oohh, scary guy! You might want to go back to class now, youngster, I think the bell just rang. Come back when you get some education, because you sure as HELL dont have a clue what you are talking about. If you have truly been at this for 10 years, I am sure glad it hasnt been in MY area.

gml9
08-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Greg, you forgot to mention you can't spell either!!! How do you do your invoices? Hand written..lol? Computer...lol? Verbally...lol? I'll be glad when summers over and you can get back to 4th grade. ..and your customers will also be happy again.

Try this:
Reading for dummies
Writing for dummies
Computers for dummies
Dummies for dummies
Fertilizing for dummies

greg6775
08-25-2004, 12:55 PM
go cry to somebody that cares landscapers i wasent trying to be a ass but if thats how you want to take it then fine then.

airtractrdrivr
08-25-2004, 02:33 PM
Guess what Grego, I'm not a landscaper, and never have been. I've been a licensed applicator since 1991, first in aerial application, then in turf & ornamental, general pest, aquatic pest, and structural pest control categories. Been at this a while, and I still think you are full of ****. And yes, you WERE trying to be an ass, otherwise you would not have came across the way you did in your first post by generalizing that all landscapers are incompetent and dont have since enough to come in out of the rain. As I stated before, I know several landscapers that know way more about chemical and fertilizer applications than alot of the applicators I know. Go back to class and be a good boy, now.

Ken Kesey
08-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Wow, such entertainment!

airtractrdrivr
08-25-2004, 02:41 PM
Well, glad you are enjoying the show. I, however, am finished with it. I dont deal well with inept juveniles who troll.

TOTALLAWN OF KY
08-25-2004, 02:48 PM
The law here in Kentucky.....not in OK.. states to commercially apply pesticides/fert etc... you must have a license no ifs ans or butts ...i knew a guy that was applying store bought round up to a customer he mows for ,,and was fined ......no license....Alot of company's here in northern Kentucky apply treatments but are licensed and follow the rules they offer full services therefore they treat. theres plenty of work here for all of us so good luck and quiturbitchn lol

gml9
08-25-2004, 02:57 PM
This is very humorous dealing with such an imbecile! Greg is an example of what happens when you inhale to many chemicals but he already "knew" that! Okay I'm done now.....neeeeeeeeext troll?

Aleman
08-25-2004, 05:49 PM
istill hav not undersud the resun that gregposoted this tread in the fisrt place he mustof had some spare time onhis hands hesaid he didnt want tobean ass but seems like heis doing alotof crying to me what does the spell ceck buton at the bottum of the page do

trying 2b organic
08-26-2004, 12:55 AM
TSM how does scalping with a line trimmer lead to crabgrass? I believe you I just want to know.

gscone
08-26-2004, 08:37 AM
Where are the mod's and why does he not get banned?

GC

dishboy
08-26-2004, 09:02 AM
My take on this issue is that the SOME spray company's had a clue about the growth issue and would tone down the N rates landscapers would not be tempted to be fertilizing themselves. It is impossible to cut off six inches of grass with one pass and achieve a nice cut. This whole issue is about the dollar, the spray guy wants six appls and cheap N cost, the mow guy wants reasonable growth and healthy turf.

LwnmwrMan22
08-26-2004, 10:27 AM
I agree with dishboy. Hardest thing to convince someone that's already with TG/CL is that you only need 3 apps, 4 at the most (here in MN) of N to achieve a decent growth / health of turf for the 5-6 months of growing we have here.

I'm to the point now where I'm going to start weeding out my customers that don't allow me to do the chem apps with my mowing. I cannot stand going into a TG lawn that's 8" high after 6 days of not being mowed and the customer keeps talking about "how nice and green" the lawn is.

Tscape
08-26-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LwnmwrMan22
I agree with dishboy. Hardest thing to convince someone that's already with TG/CL is that you only need 3 apps, 4 at the most (here in MN) of N to achieve a decent growth / health of turf for the 5-6 months of growing we have here.

I'm to the point now where I'm going to start weeding out my customers that don't allow me to do the chem apps with my mowing. I cannot stand going into a TG lawn that's 8" high after 6 days of not being mowed and the customer keeps talking about "how nice and green" the lawn is.

You should have around 3/4 lb of N per K, per month of the growing season. 3 or 4 apps won't get that unless your in northern Saskatchewan.

TSM
08-26-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by trying 2b organic
TSM how does scalping with a line trimmer lead to crabgrass? I believe you I just want to know.

breaks the barrier

so often i see along buildings, etc. that the string trimmer brings down the turf almost to dirt. My opinion is if the lawn is getting mowed at say a 2.5 inch height then the trimming should also be at 2.5 inches. Same for along driveways, walkways, trim off the lateral growth to get that neat manacured look (turn that line trimer upside down and edge) but to scalp the edges looks sloppy and will break the crabgrass control barrier.

Small issue...but we get calls from homeowners who use a scaper or does this themselves and they blame us for 'missing' the areas or just being rushed and skip the edges of their property.

drives me nuts:cry:

chimmygew
08-26-2004, 02:28 PM
Come to Greg's town, where the men are men and the sheep are scared.

KenH
08-26-2004, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by TSM
breaks the barrier

Are you sure about this???

I was under the impression that scalping along the edges (or anywhere for that matter) causes the turf to thin, therefore allowing encroachment of weeds, including crabgrass. Also, the heat along the curbline also breaks down the barrier sooner than desired. One of the best defenses against crabgrass is a healthy stand of turf which shades the new crabgrass plants. Scalp the lawn, and you take the turf vigor away.

I dont think the 'barrier' is a thin membrane across the soil, but rather adheres to the soil particles themselves. . I 'think' I remember from a turf class eons ago, that even aerating wont 'break' the barrier.

LwnmwrMan22
08-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Turfscape -

You are correct.

My point was, that I can keep a yard as "nice and green" as a TG/CL yard, without the yard growing 8" tall in a week.

CL does 7 apps here, and we only have a 6 month growing season.

The first app, I've got yards that they were putting down pre-m and there were still snow piles along the curbs. I understand getting it down early and all that, but late March, there's no way the soil temps are warm.

It's not like they were trying to get the snow melt to "water in" the pre-m.

But then again... we can go on and on, and this has been talked about over and over... so... ... .... ......

TSM
08-26-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by KenH
Are you sure about this???

I was under the impression that scalping along the edges (or anywhere for that matter) causes the turf to thin, therefore allowing encroachment of weeds, including crabgrass. Also, the heat along the curbline also breaks down the barrier sooner than desired. One of the best defenses against crabgrass is a healthy stand of turf which shades the new crabgrass plants. Scalp the lawn, and you take the turf vigor away.

I dont think the 'barrier' is a thin membrane across the soil, but rather adheres to the soil particles themselves. . I 'think' I remember from a turf class eons ago, that even aerating wont 'break' the barrier.

6 of one

half a dozen of another

Tscape
08-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by TSM
breaks the barrier

I think that this is accurate. I believe the effect of the pre-em is lost from soil disturbance. Definitely an aerator will do it too!

I can't believe this thread turned intelligent!

TSM
08-26-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Turfscape LLC
I think that this is accurate. I believe the effect of the pre-em is lost from soil disturbance. Definitely an aerator will do it too!

I can't believe this thread turned intelligent!

yes, i agree.

everything KenH said is true, but disturbing the soil with a line trimmer every week will definately create crabgrass problems.

I also agree that aerating will as well....but that is very debatable....my experience is lawns aerated in spring (whether before or after a preemergent control) are much more likely to have crabgrass problems.

cantoo
08-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Come on guys let's get back on topic.. I think everyone should only use Walker's every other mower is useless regardless of how big the property is. A Walker pulling 4 tow behind swishers is far more productive than a WAM and much cheaper to run.

ProMo
08-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by SCAG POWER
This is how it is in Florida first you must be license to apply fert and any thing else you want to spray on the grounds of a customers lawn.The only way around it is the yard man clause that says the home owner supplies every thing and you put it down for FREE, thats rite you can't charge JACK.

I dont need a lic to spread pc free fert and there is no law saying I cant charge the customer for applying there chemicals using there equipment.

GregoryR
08-27-2004, 11:32 AM
I was just about to pour myself a Makers Mark on the rocks, when suddenly everybody starts making sense. And did anyone notice Greg6775 diappeared? Probably at WalMart right now getting a refund. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.

TREEGODFATHER
08-27-2004, 05:34 PM
:laugh: refund... gotcha.

;)

greg6775
08-27-2004, 06:22 PM
oh iam here dont worry not going anywhere

TREEGODFATHER
08-27-2004, 07:18 PM
...and noone can figure out why we stereotype people from Kentucky...

all ferris
08-27-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by dishboy
My take on this issue is that the SOME spray company's had a clue about the growth issue and would tone down the N rates landscapers would not be tempted to be fertilizing themselves. It is impossible to cut off six inches of grass with one pass and achieve a nice cut. This whole issue is about the dollar, the spray guy wants six appls and cheap N cost, the mow guy wants reasonable growth and healthy turf.

I am a "landscaper" and this is exactly the reason why I got my license. Besides, most of my cutomers like the fact that they only have to deal with one company to take care all their lawn issues. Pease (as greg would spell it) out greg.:cool:

kootoomootoo
08-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Last time I checked landscapers who seed also spread starter fert.

TREEGODFATHER
08-27-2004, 11:19 PM
It's been my experience that most landscapers do indeed "have a clue".

Tree guys usually dis landscapers as turf guys, but the ones I contract for really know a whole lot more about the rest of the greenery than I do. Hard work those guys do, and nothing to be disrespected.

philk17088
08-28-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by trying 2b organic

The crabgrass preventer forms a chemical barrior in the soil. This barrier kills the seeds as they start to germinate. If the barrier is broken or disturbed, the seeds can germinate freely. Also the edges of lawns are usaully poorer soil, gravel from sidewalk base, compacted, etc. The desirable turf tends to fade in these areas and leaves a prime spot for crabgrass to take hold. But, that being said, the fault also lies with the applicator, some times the material is not applied at the correct rate along edges, if you are using a dry material, there would be a lot of pellets to blow off, so the appliactor doesn't get as close to the edge as he should. If they are using pendemethalin, the applicator may stay away from sidewalk edges and flower bed edges to prevent staining and non-target application.

dkeisala
08-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Wow - painful thread to read

Garden Panzer
08-30-2004, 04:12 PM
I wonder how much TIMOTHY McVEIGH would have been fined for all that fert in his truck?
:o

Tvov
08-30-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by philk17088
if you are using a dry material, there would be a lot of pellets to blow off, so the appliactor doesn't get as close to the edge as he should.

Wow, do you actually blow off drives/walks? I don't think there is one applicator around me who does. One of my "pet peeves" about applicators is having to clean up customer's properties after they leave.

My understanding of the law in CT (it has probably been changed, I should go look it up), is that straight fertilizer can be applied by anyone, it is the pesticides (for those of you in Rio Linda, that means herbicides {weed killer}, and insecticides {bug killer}) that you have to be licensed for.

As was mentioned earlier by someone else, I too am busy enough with other work, and stopped doing applications well over 10 years ago.

Sorry for the delay in response, went camping this past weekend, but this thread has been fun to read!

dually
08-30-2004, 08:43 PM
LOL you can apply fertilzer but not pesticides or herbicides... Seems someone is gelous or however you spell it. Oh yeah im just a grass cutter (NOT!!!!) You might want to re-look at state rules agian especially if your a certified applicater becuse it not illigal to do fertiluzer apps in MOST states without a licence but doing herbs or pesticides is a NONONONONONO!!!

James Cormier
08-31-2004, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tvov
(for those of you in "Rio Linda", that means herbicides {weed killer}, and insecticides {bug killer}) that you have to be licensed for.

Great qoute, from a great american.

Each state maybe different, but in Mass you need a license to carry pesticides in a commercial vehicle let alone apply them on a lawn.

This negates the fool that thinks if he just doesn't charge for the treatment he doesn't need to be licensed.

My experience in my area is 60-65% of the landscapers ( mowing companies ) do there work under the table, for cash and pay a large amount of their employees under the table and don't carry Workman's comp insurance. So why would you expect them to bother with getting a license to apply?

millenniumlandscape
09-01-2004, 02:56 PM
I have always been amazed after posting some of the questions or comments I have had in the past years. Sometimes I wouldn't get any response or I got very little response from people on this site. And then I read this thread..........................I started to think "huh, if my questions or comments only recieved one or two replies; what does that make me compared to greg" I guess sometimes no advice is good advice.

Tvov
09-01-2004, 04:40 PM
Sometimes you just have to bump your own thread back to the top after a day or so. Usually, I just check the new threads, and many times miss good threads if there has been a lot of new ones. Basically, if people don't see your thread, they obviously can't respond to it.

Plus, this thread has a rather eye opening title!

mowjoeman
09-03-2004, 09:02 PM
TVOV - Finally, Some Wisdom !!!! anyone can apply Fertilizer.

CelticGreens
09-07-2004, 07:24 PM
wow greg, you managed to post five times. And within those five, there isn't one period. I didn't think that was possible. Good JOB!!!

greg6775
09-07-2004, 10:10 PM
get a live ...........................................

Kelly's Landscaping
09-07-2004, 11:58 PM
What's this renewal every year crap in some of your states in CT the supervisors is good for 5 years once you get in the cycle they use 5 groups of letters in alphabetical so when you first get it it could be good for just 1 but once you renew then your set for 5 mine is good for 4 more years atm. Could not imagine needing to go through that yearly. One thing not all states require a license for straight fert my state does not but any fert with a pesticide like weed and feed or a pre m and you do need the license. As for us landscapers not knowing anything that is a matter of opinion and I don't happen to respect yours greg.

chimmygew
09-08-2004, 02:24 PM
I believe you mean LIFE.....................

Tscape
09-08-2004, 03:16 PM
greg, you are about as smart as a box of hammers.

chimmygew
09-08-2004, 03:33 PM
And if you don't already know, that isn't very smart.

GregoryR
09-08-2004, 09:57 PM
Makers Mark on ice! I love this stuff. Don't let me intrude on your silly conversation. Box of hammers, ha! That's funny. I didnt bother to count but I wonder if all those periods in greg6775 last post were to make up for the ones he missed before.

coastallandscapesolutions
09-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Thank you for the nights entertainment. I needed a good laugh after today. Can everybody say good night to Greg. It is past his bedtime.

Doster's L & L
09-09-2004, 01:17 AM
...and noone can figure out why we stereotype people from Kentucky...

You're not talking about imbreeding are you?

Greg, are you your own uncle by any chance? Man, i just gotta know. ;)

I guess you northern guys never thought you'd see Tennesseans slamming Kentuckyans, ay? lol .... and the pot called the kettle black. hahaha However, this is not the case.

Coffeecraver
09-09-2004, 05:59 AM
When you are trying to warn people that are spraying without a licence,you need to remember that there are just as many of you spray people that are not licenced and don't know what they are doing.
To spout out about landscapers in a blanket statement is inflamatory and you deserve the replys you receive.You should write what you have to say and the read it carefully before you post it

If what you had to say makes sence to you,have someone proof read it.

Have you ever heard of phototoxicity? It might be your problem.

If you want to lash out at a group of people,you should do it with just the facts all the replys you made in this post,make you a target.

GREG this is a list of all your replys
landscapers should not be treating yards they have no business on
how to apply fert or weed control many of you will be fined by the
epa if you have any fert just 1 bag of fert laying in your truck
you will be fined for it i have worked for them for many years and
sprayed for 10 years now i own my own spray business to many
landscapers trying to take that away but have no clue on what there
doing i feel sorry for the cust that they are treating epa is out
and looking so better make sure you have operator lic and million
dollar insurance pol and all your sheets the fine is not pretty

sorry was in a hurry

nah just telling the truth does it hurt

yes you will guess you havent heard of all the people being fined for that no licen no fert in company truck

go cut some grass how hard

Thats all iam saying people dont need to get mad just no the rules.

yell al lyou want cause you no iam right i wasent trying to be a prick but if you people responding are the ones are mad you must be the guys and spraying and not knowing what you are doing as i said before

go cry to somebody that cares landscapers i wasent trying to be a ass but if thats how you want to take it then fine then.

oh iam here dont worry not going anywhere

get a live ...........................................

It's obovious you have run into landscapers who in you opinion have not got a clue.

25nbl
09-09-2004, 10:41 PM
I was stopped by the EPA a few years back for fertilizer and weed spray in Texas. You can apply fertilizer, spray Roundup, etc., as long as you are not charging for the services. So for lawn companies, you can just give the customer one price for monthly or weekly services including weed control and fertilizer and say that you are doing it for free to the EPA right? The only thing you can't use without a license is restricted chemicals that require a license to buy them. I did get my license just to be on the safe side and not have to deal with it though..

airtractrdrivr
09-11-2004, 12:15 AM
:eek: Man, I'm hearing the tune "duelin' Banjo's" in the back of my mind. SQUEAL LIKE A PIG, BOY!!!

SWD
09-11-2004, 09:09 AM
I have to say that the doof that started this thread obviously comes from a shallow gene pool. He apparently bumped his head when he jumped in.
With regards to his blathering about landscapers, I will say this.
I am not a landscaper, I am a turfgrass agronomist. There are a few of us on this site. However, I do perform landscape services which allows my response.
I see very few "landscapers" who don't have a clue due to market forces driving and dictating the level of professionalism and ability. Subsequent to reading these posts I realized that it was Greg who did't have a clue (and who is not aware of the spell checking function, although I wonder if it will work on inbred kentuckian?). I cannot help but ponder how many clients rue the day they hired Greg and he damaged what limited reputation he has by screwing up the client's yard or landscape?