PDA

View Full Version : 1st year

jsfrk
08-24-2004, 04:58 PM
Is it pretty hard to acquire 50 to 70 accounts your first year? Especially if I am solo.

1MajorTom
08-24-2004, 05:02 PM
Yes I think so, especially if you want to get a paid a premium price for them.

MMLawn
08-24-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by jsfrk
Is it pretty hard to acquire 50 to 70 accounts your first year? Especially if I am solo.

DUDE!! You jus ask this SAME EXACT QUESTION LAST WEEK and it was answred over and over!! You are beginning to be as bad as some of the PITA Customers.:angry:

txlawnking
08-24-2004, 05:05 PM
50-70 first year? I agree with Jodi, unless you are Low ballin' I'd say that may be a pretty tall order to fill....I believe a lot of it depends on your area's demographics/population though....

MMLawn
08-24-2004, 05:08 PM
JSFRK, Why don't you just quit ASKING about it and get out and try and get them!

Of course YOU have to buy some equipment first since you don't have any, right?:blob2:

I'd say it will take you 2 probably 3 years to get 70 accts unless you do $15 lawns.

jsfrk
08-24-2004, 05:24 PM
MMLAWN, how's life treating you? It's good to hear from you.

How's the business running?

tiedeman
08-24-2004, 05:28 PM
I would say that its hard to get your name out and get that many for your 1st year

MMLawn
08-24-2004, 05:28 PM
Looks like it's alot better than yours since you don't have any

jsfrk
08-24-2004, 05:36 PM
MMLawn your not too friendly. Why do you have such bitterness?

Trevors Lawn Care
08-24-2004, 05:49 PM
I think it is do-able...

I got a semi-late start this season, came up with a good advertising campaign, fair-if not higher pricing than some, and still managed at last count 49 accounts. We have signed probably 60 contracts, but dead-beats, and cheap-o's have slimmed the account number down to 49.

Anything is doable if you put your mind to it. The two cities I work in consist of a 62k people with the average family income of something like 70k.

Trevor

jsfrk
08-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Trevor, what was is your method of marketing in order to get that many in one year?

Frosty_03
08-24-2004, 05:54 PM
jsfrk
Have you ever heard of just do it? Man if you want it bad enough you can do it. I will tell you that 50 to 70 accounts a week for a SOLO operation will be tough, but like I said if you want it bad enough you can do it!!! I will tell you you bust your butt or hire some help. I wish the best of luck. JUST GO OUT AND DO IT!! Who know you 25 years old I bet you can do 15 plus yards a day. Mutiply that by 6 and you have 90 accounts a week. Just my opinion!!!!

HOOLIE
08-24-2004, 06:47 PM
Hey, lets ease up on this guy, he's just looking for help. If you don't like it, don't read his threads...JEEZ

Anyway, I ended up with around 50 residentials my first year. Had maybe 35 by July 1, picked up 15 more thru word of mouth after that.

Trevors Lawn Care
08-24-2004, 07:01 PM
Trevor, what was is your method of marketing in order to get that many in one year?

name saturation...ITs the name of the game

Also, being very good looking helps eager up the ladies to spread the good news.

Trevor

Trevors Lawn Care
08-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Well in all actuality...

I distribute flyers CONSTANTLY....I have placed fliers in one neighborhood alone 7 times already this year....I just rotate which subdivision we do and it usually takes a month to get back to the starting point....That will continue YEAR ROUND. Also, with every invoice i attach my "referral bonus" flier, along with a business card attached to every invoice.
Another priceless tool, is the fact i work along the most travelled road in these two cities, so i leave my rig hooked up, and park it along the road for all to see (THOUSANDS DAILY). This is just the beginning, and everything else is sealed away in the T.L.C safe, for MY eyes only.

Trevor

Turf Medic
08-24-2004, 07:21 PM

How bad do you want it? Are you willing to work like your life depended on it?

Then yes you can, it is a matter of numbers the more people that you can see the more that you can sell. Do you have any sales experience or have a family member with sales experience that is willing to help you? Tell everyone that you meet what you are trying to do, if not their property than a friend's. Offer a bounty for new customers, gift certificate to a resturant, don't give your product away, it will devalue your product later. Good Luck