PDA

View Full Version : Dog crap and the neighbor

wanabe
08-24-2004, 05:48 PM
Has this ever happened to you? Today I was sent to do one of the residentials that was on our list. I said ok, and headed right over to get-r-done. So as I am pulling up, I see someone with a dog taking a dump on our customers lawn. There are always dog turds everywhere in this yard, now I know why. So the lady pulls the dog off the yard, and takes to dog to another house to blow ass on there yard. By then I had the ramp down, and was starting up the mower. She walks back buy with the dog and informs me that my helper and I need to get back in the truck because here dog was scared. I went off at that point! I told her the only way I was getting back in my truck was that she would pick up all the dog**** and then mow the yard. She turns arround and goes home, not another word. I can not believe some idiots like this. They think the dog crap belongs to the neighbors, not them. Why?

Randy Scott
08-24-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by wanabe
They think the dog crap belongs to the neighbors, not them. Why?

Because people are POS. Plain and simple. Self-centered p ricks with no respect for anyone else or their properties. You should have grabbed the string trimmer and hosed her with it when she walked by.

dkeisala
08-24-2004, 06:09 PM
I had a friend that lived across from a popular park. This old woman would dock her caddy in front of his house and take her poddle for a walk in the park. On more than one occassion, this dog would take a crap in my friends yard immediately after getting out of the car - the dogs owner didn't seem to care. So one day the usual happens, the caddy pulls up, woman lets the poddle out of the car, poddle craps on the lawn and woman takes the dog into the park for a walk. My friend grabbed a dish glove, went out side, picked up the dog crap and set it on the hood of the womans caddy. Never happened again.

Turf Dancer
08-24-2004, 06:10 PM
I have zero tollerance for idiots like this. I got so mad at this one idiot that I put it all in my scoop shovel and dumped it in the bed of his nice new F 350 ! What a jerk. Then the lady asks me the next week if knew anything about him having dog doo in his truck bed and I told her I watch that dog in yard crapping all the time and I was sick of dealing with it. Well needless to say that there has been minimal poop in her yard from his dog ever since I pulled that stunt. It is not real professional to do that but I was pissed off to the point I was ready to take my shovel to his windshield !

HOOLIE
08-24-2004, 06:27 PM
Right now, one of my customers has a camcorder set up in the sunroom of the back of her house, somebody keeps taking their dog in her backyard to crap. She thought about locking the gate but decided she'd rather catch the a-hole and maybe prosecute (she's put up No Tresspassing signs on the fence). The nerve of some folks.

These kind of people remind me of a customer from my first year. While I was mowing, he'd walk around his beds pulling weeds- then he'd throw them all in the bed of my truck! Till I asked him what exactly do you think you're doing?

GroundKprs
08-24-2004, 07:56 PM
You need to educate the offender in cases like this, just like dkeisala's friend above. Once had a neighbor of a client whose new dog had deposited at least 10 piles in my client's back yard in a week's time. I went and asked him to clean them up so I could mow. He blew me off, said he'd do it later - and he left in car. So I picked up all of it myself, and spread it all across his front stoop - couldn't use front door without stepping in poop. Didn't have problem in my client's lawn again. Guy got educated well, LOL.

tiedeman
08-24-2004, 08:54 PM
do what I did one time. We are mowing a lawn and coming right now with our final stripe. The lady lets her dog crap right there in front of me. I just stop the mowing and stare at her. I glare at her and she just tugs on the dogs chain and takes it back into her yard.

So I just tell my worker to grab the shovel. I use the shovel to pick up the dog crap and throw it into her yard. She just stood there staring at me

CapnDean
08-24-2004, 09:56 PM
ahhhhh the sweet aroma of freshly mowed dog crap!

Avery
08-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Really. I mow all commercial and common areas. Some places there are so many piles they look like landmines. Blades don't know the difference between crap and grass.

Lbilawncare
08-24-2004, 11:11 PM
We use peoples hoses to clean our mower wheels off, they never get the hint or even care. Sometimes if you mow around it they will get the hint.

txlawnking
08-24-2004, 11:25 PM
Unless I'm usin' the ole 21, I could really care less about dog dung... It does stink, especially when it contaminates my Surfer's tires.. Big deal..It's real fun however, when you mow the "dog" yard...with the 21..LOL Yukk

Pecker
08-24-2004, 11:56 PM
I just hate it when I'm trimming and slip in it. So far I haven't actually fallen in it but when the day comes, I ain't gonna be nice about it.

txlawnking
08-24-2004, 11:58 PM
Now, getting it flung all over you with the trimmer can tend to make a nun cuss, but I keep a lookout....

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-25-2004, 12:38 AM
no bad feelings guys, but if i was a dog i would probably dump a load right were the lawn guys are mowing just to piss them off.

or well, thats what i feel dogs are thinking about us anyways...

i found a pile in a small trench i had just dug one time, i was like, what the hell is going on here, i was gone for 5 minutes and a dog just thinks its fair game.

i also hate it when you trim branches and pull them and stack them, and then you stand there in awe, as the dog comes up and pisses all over the brush...

this also seems to happen with trimmers and blowers that you put down in the back yard to talk to clients, but god forbid they yell at the dog for making your t-270 steam.

sometimes i also find it fun to kick all the old crusty crap back on to the sidewalk or patio as i mow, hopefully this will let the people know that yes, it is a job of having a dog to pick up the crap.

just my .02 of beer induced thoughts

dkeisala
08-25-2004, 01:09 AM
We have a client that keeps her Husky in the back yard, about 100 sq. ft of grass. Client wasn't being real good about keeping the crap picked up so one day my lead guy takes her pooper scooper and piles all the dog sh!t in it then leans it up in front of her sliding glass door. She's been pretty good about it ever since.

lawnprosteveo
08-26-2004, 06:26 AM
I mow for a lady who has 5 Greyhounds. These things are sh** machines! We use her hose to clean all the s*** off our machines and shoes. She never seems to notice or care.

CapnDean
08-26-2004, 06:05 PM
TX: I am with you on this one. If I hired somebody to cut my lawn and they piled up my black lab's doo doo on my patio....they would not be cutting my lawn again.

Use my hose to clean off your tires? Sure...no sweat. Were I to hire out the lawn care...I would expect em to simply DEAL with the DOO. As it is, I do my own lawn and I simply whack it and don't worry about it. BTW - The doo is usually gone from the tires by the time I finish the whole lawn anyway.

jbell113
08-26-2004, 06:32 PM
I hit a freshly put steamy pile one time with a weedeater and it exploded, needless to say I was trying to wipe it off my face and arms with some leaves cuz I had no towels. Iam more cautious now.

ProStreetCamaro
08-26-2004, 07:03 PM
LOL do what we do. Make sure you hit every pile you can with your tires and then go up on the driveway with the mower and do nice circles. Dog doo every where!

roscioli
08-26-2004, 09:16 PM
Are you guys all so busy that you dont care about your customers or potential customers? Be careful how much of this BS you listen to, because you people really sound like you think you are in control of your contracts. The second they say "we have to talk" is the second you can't afford that next six-pack. To any newbies that read this crap- Be Careful.

txlawnking
08-26-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by roscioli
Are you guys all so busy that you dont care about your customers or potential customers? Be careful how much of this BS you listen to, because you people really sound like you think you are in control of your contracts. The second they say "we have to talk" is the second you can't afford that next six-pack. To any newbies that read this crap- Be Careful.

So so true.. If I pulled ANY of the stunts mentioned by some of thes guys.. I'd be on the soup line in a hurry...You don't S#$T where you eat..

mbricker
08-27-2004, 12:57 AM
I am so sick of dog crap. You get it on the mower tires and smell it for a couple of hours; get it on your boots and then on the truck mat and smell it for a couple of days. But the worst is when you hit some with the trimmer, then for several hours you keep geting a whiff of it, and realize some has stuck in your beard.

I really think I may start making a dog crap surcharge.

Or when I'm asked to bid a lawn, and see it has dog crap all over the fenced back yard, say (loudly) to the homeowner, "No ma'am, I will not mow for you. Your lawn has dog **** all over it." Don't pussyfoot, don't be delicate (dog excrement, or dog poop) Say it loud, say it proud, say dog ****.

See, the dog-owner is gonna try to say you are some kind of priss cause you're afraid to touch a little dog-doo. They want to make you feel ashamed of yourself for being so delicate. But when you say ****, they see they can't throw that prissy sissy label on you. If they flinch or object to you using such crude language, so much the better. Tell them, (again loudly) "No ma'am, I'm not embarrassed. It's not MY lawn that is covered with dog ****."

Of course, if your schedule isn't full enough, you can just suck it up and mow the crap out of the lawn! "YES SIR! YES MA'AM! We likes mowing the dung. We likes your sweet-ums little poochy. No Problem, Ma'am!"

mbricker
08-27-2004, 12:58 AM
For those who need interpretation, **** is SH_T.

IMPACT
08-27-2004, 01:32 AM
We have an equipment cleaning fee in our contracts. If the yard is really bad, lots of crap, we charge $ 10.00 to clean the mower tires / boots / velkes before we leave. Customers need to be made aware of hookworm and whipworms which can be transferred from yard to yard from doo in the tires or your boots. I know I'm not taking the chance of bringing something home to my 2 dogs, so we charge accordingly, and the few people who do not clean their yards regularly don't seem to mind getting charged an extra 10.00-30.00 per month in equip. cleaning fees...go figure..

dkeisala
08-27-2004, 01:49 AM
To all those that say we are out of our mind for not wanting to put up with dog crap --- what about the health risk? Dog crap is some of the potentially nastiest stuff we deal with. OK, sure we have some pretty toxic chemicals to deal with but what about the stuff in dog feces? Around here they don't even want young toddlers swimming in public swimming holes because of the risk of Ecoli when they crap their pants. You think dog sh!t is any better?

J&M Lawncare
08-27-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by jbell113
I hit a freshly put steamy pile one time with a weedeater and it exploded, needless to say I was trying to wipe it off my face and arms with some leaves cuz I had no towels. Iam more cautious now.

Last year had some health misfortunes, hired a guy to mow while I drove him around to my accounts. We were at the last place, he comes out ot the truck, and had taken his sweatshirt off, I didn't think anything about it. He asked if This was the last place, and if I had a towel. Seems he was weedeating and hit a pile, poop everywhere. I just howled, asked if he had eyes, and if he knew how to use them. (the yard was covered with piles, so this should have been no surprise.)

He still cuts in a pinch.