PDA

View Full Version : Help pricing HOA's

gartj
08-24-2004, 11:07 PM
Does anyone out there do HOA's. Looking for some help on pricing Hoa properties. @ 74,000 sq/ft but cut up into strips and pockets and spread out over 190 homes. The bid will include string trim, blowdown, pruning once a month, 3 to 4 times a year there's a 4 acre rough area (retention pond / nature area) that needs tractor cut and fert. which is being taken care of by a licensed applicator. I'm in the northern Colorado area and any help on @ pricing in this area would be appreciated.

PMLAWN
08-25-2004, 12:00 AM
I do HOA's but I don't think that matters. Do you know how much you need to make an hour? Do you know How much time each thing will take. That is what you need to know.
If you are bidding with other LCO's than you will have to price it using the biggest mowers you can fit on the lot as that is what the others will do. Do you have the right equipment? If you only have a 48" and the others have a 60" you will take longer to do the job so the other guy will be cheaper. Or you will price it as if you have the right stuff and you will be under payed till you get the proper equipment. Keep that in mind.
Are you doing the homes or just the common area? Also keep in mind that there will be a lot of people around and you will have to work around them or sometimes stop and let them walk by. Do you have the tractor or will you need to rent?
Keep tract of what you do now and measure time than apply that to the HOA and X's you per hour rate.