PDA

View Full Version : I ordered a master chute months ago

JSMLAWNCARE
08-24-2004, 10:15 PM
I ordered a Master Chute at the end of April. I still haven't rec'd it yet. The last time I talked to somebody, was around the 1st of July. I was told; it should be shipped out soon. I waited a month and I've left a few messages and no body has called me back. I've called at least 20 times and no body answers the phone. I recently sent an email and no reply... Is anybody else having this problem?

BCSteel
08-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Did you send any money yet? If not then just go with a different company. I'd call and tell them to give me my money back if you've already sent money.

JSMLAWNCARE
08-25-2004, 04:49 PM
No, I gave them my cc#. I still want there ocdc because of being hands free

tiedeman
08-25-2004, 05:01 PM
you want action, be very stern with your emails and phone messages. Tell them exactly what you feel and what you will do if they don't act soon.

Tonyr
08-25-2004, 06:12 PM
and I guess they were prompt at taking the payment though eh?

Seems poor service is frequent with this company going by the feedback posted here often, pity, nice product.

I do remember them saying recently that they are moving away from direct selling and relying on a dealer network...maybe this isn't streamlined yet...still....no excuse for not returning calls, email etc.

Trevors Lawn Care
08-25-2004, 06:44 PM
well..

Maybe someone from the company will see it hear, and relize they need to take action NOW.

Trevor

packmate81
08-25-2004, 07:14 PM
hey let me know what you need and ill get them for you...i know the guys

J&J Lawn Care
08-25-2004, 07:34 PM
hey I tryed for a month to order an ocdc from them they never answered the phone or returned any voicemail's i left and never responded to my e-mail so they dont even want to take your money anymore swo i went with another company.

Qwikchute
08-25-2004, 08:29 PM
I am with GTM Manufacturing Inc. and make a line of OCDC's called the Qwikchute. We have models for Exmark, Bunton, Bob-cat, Hustler, Toro, and John Deere. Go to our link under sponsors to see pictures and pricing. www.qwikchute.com

FiremanMike
08-25-2004, 09:23 PM
Hey JMS,
I live in Grand Rapids, and work in the fire station right around the corner from this guy. I was going to order a Masterchute also, but after reading all of the bad pub on their business etiquette, I'm not so sure. I do know that Kubota of West MI sells for them. I called there and asked about the problems with the chute not staying closed and such. I was told that they have solved the problem on their newer model.....yada yada yada. Call information with area code 616 and ask for Kubota of West Michigan on 100th ave. They are asking $300.00 for the Masterchute....let me know how it works out for you. If you need some muscle....I could go and visit :)........maybe a little visit from the brothers and I could improve their business practices (or lack of them).

Let me know...

Mike

JSMLAWNCARE
08-26-2004, 07:08 AM
I'm an easy going guy. I have no problem with them taking over 4 months to get me the product. I just wanted them to let me know of the progress along the way. I guess I'll keep calling and waiting.
I need the ocdc for a 2004 toro z-master turbo force deck. It came out last year and as of july they hadn't made one to work on it yet.
As for the quick chute... I wanted a hands free model. However, by spring; I might give you a call.

Tonyr
08-26-2004, 07:50 AM
How is the new Toro going for ya?

Gravely_Man
08-26-2004, 11:28 AM
I am with Tony on this one. This seems like a great product but this company receives a lot of bad press on this site. As we all know customer service has to be a top priority or else people go else where.

Gravely_Man

FiremanMike
08-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Ok JSM, I won't be busting kneecaps on your behalf. I just get really upset when someone offers a product....then doesn't back it up.

Packmate81, you really should talk to these guys!!!!

draftlawncare
08-26-2004, 04:36 PM
i have 2 mastercutes sitting in the garage both fix exmark z 60 inch decks make me an offer on them

FiremanMike
08-26-2004, 05:24 PM
Why just sitting? Are those foot activated?

JSMLAWNCARE
08-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Well, I got a response today. This is it, from begining to end:
"We have not been able to make our actuator fit in the confines of the mount plate of a TurboForce deck."
So, I wait again!!
My guess the 60" exmark won't fit or they would sell me one of those.
As for the the Toro... I'm still not sure. I don't like the quality of cut. Well let me explain. So much grass gets stuck on the bottom of the deck it doesn't allow for good air flow and the grass doesn't stand up. It just drops piles of crab grass at the end of the chute. I don't think it holds hills to well. I do weigh 300 Lbs so that may have something to do with it. My friend, who has used toros for 4 years now is going to use it one day and see if it just me or the machine its self.
My other problem with the machine is the mower deck caster wheel support on the left side of the deck it doesn't allow tall grass to stand back up to be cut.
At this point, I don't think i'd get another toro rider. This is my second rider and I have 3 other pieces of toro equipment and I like them so far.

PR Fect
08-27-2004, 08:26 AM
JSM, Master Chute sent me an OCDC for my Toro. Wrong one had to send it back. Whole deal took about a month. But I do have to say they did make it right. We then ordered a Quickchute. Love it! The manual handle is no big deal. Just as easy as scratching your nose, when mowing. The thing seems to be well thought out and bolted on our Toro in less than an hour.

naturescape
08-27-2004, 08:30 AM
I wish that MasterChute would get their business streamlined. There is no question about it -- this is the best add-on you can put on your mower!

JSMLAWNCARE
08-27-2004, 03:03 PM
I sent another email to masterchute to see if they were going to have one that fit any time soon and this is the reply I got:
"Our actuator does not fit in between the uprights on the Toro deck.
I doubt Toro is going to change their deck design any time soon."
Well I guesss that means I'm SOL.

draftlawncare
08-27-2004, 07:53 PM
Fireman mike i just dont have no use for them and yes they are foot controlled

gl1200a
08-27-2004, 08:13 PM
Draft, I'd buy one from you depending on what you want for it.

Tharrell
08-28-2004, 04:57 AM
I had a conversation with Jennifer at Jungle Jims about a warranty item and mentioned my blocker and that company nobody can get ahold of. She was really interested and asked for photos. If you guys want one send her an email jennifer@junglejimsap.com and they'll see the need. They are after all a very innovative company and will probably be coming out with something.

JSMLAWNCARE
08-29-2004, 08:06 AM
There are a lot of Expos coming up soon. Maybe, somebody else will have one there.

Detailed LawnService
08-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Have had the same problem don't answer there phones and wont return phone calls .