PDA

View Full Version : how would you handle this situation?

QualityLawnCare4u
08-24-2004, 10:18 PM
I have ran into a problrm twice in past couple of weeks doing fence cleanups. I went to a customers house with a badly overgrown chainlink fence with vines and small trees. Customer tells me to do inside of fence only and not on outside on neighbors side. Neighbor come over and tells me that I should do both sides since its not his fence, customer tells me he will only pay for his side. I actually had one old lady and my customer get in shouting match over this, and finally customer told me to do both sides and maybe it will shut her up LOL Ran into same thing today except customer told me NOT to do the other side even though it was her fence. How do you keep everyone happy here? Naturaslly Im going to do what the customer pays me to do though.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

BCSteel
08-24-2004, 10:22 PM
Do what they ask you to do. If they wanted you to go over into the neighbours yard and knock down part of the neighbours old fence then thats a no go. But if its their fence and they want to put up with angry neighbours then thats their problem, not yours.

QualityLawnCare4u
08-24-2004, 10:33 PM
No BC, both times the customer made it very plain NOT to do the other side. The first one told me to do it after match with angry neighbor. Second one did not give a hoot if neighbor liked it or not.

Danny

dvmcmrhp52
08-24-2004, 10:37 PM
I think your final sentence says it all.
Do what you are being payed for, the customers neighbor is not your problem.

fga
08-24-2004, 10:38 PM
i always use the " i'm just doing what the customer wants, and is paying me for. if you would like to speak to them, i think they are home. Mam (sir), i'm just doing my job.." line. works everytime. sometimes i pretend to sympathize with them,:)

QualityLawnCare4u
08-24-2004, 10:38 PM
BTW Im going to always do what customer ask but that first incedent like to got ugly. lady starts on me and I back her off real fast then starts on customer and I wind up doing it anyway. I was hoping my customer would not give in after way she acted to me but he did.

Danny

olderthandirt
08-24-2004, 10:39 PM
walk away from it. its not your fight and not worth the hassle.

Mac

CJ GreenScapes
08-24-2004, 10:40 PM
It seems you can't please both sides, so I think you are right - just do what you are paid to do. Maybe you can go to the neighbor afterward and say, "I can make your side look like the other for $____ because they will not let me do both sides". It never hurts to ask....

Sneaky
08-24-2004, 10:45 PM
I agree with everyone else. Do what you're paid to do. Neighbors will be neighbors.

QualityLawnCare4u
08-24-2004, 11:51 PM
I forgot to add that these are 2 area Im trying to get into real bad, middle-upper class amd I would like to have some of these, samll square easy yards. I see lcos everywhere so I wanted to get in. I will say these confrotations have made me leary now about the area. Sneaky, how have you enjoyed this nice hot muggy weather and high bahai grass in our area and I still do not know who you are and no bigger than my town is I should have seen you.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care

Pecker
08-24-2004, 11:59 PM
Question: why would you work your butt off on the neighbor's side if the neighbor is not paying you to do it?

QualityLawnCare4u
08-25-2004, 12:23 AM
******, the price I gave is for what customer told me to do. The one that the customer told me to do after confrotation I charged extra for it, I dont work for free no more, did eough of that my first couple of years. Sorry I forgot to put in post I did charge extra for the first one. I have here lately hit a run (several) involving neighbors. Last Thursday neighnor wanted me to trim one tree hanging on her side and demanded that I do it that day even though I did nto have my trimmers, she did not get ti done. Yoday lady 2 housed down stopped and wanted me to weedeat only. I have her a price and she looked at me like I was crazy, she said I did not expect to pay for it being you were already here and its not that much. I told her 15 bucks for about 15-20 minutes of weedeating. She declined. what the h@@l are people thinking? I could type several pages of runins Ive had with neighbors in the past 3 months.

Danny
Quality Lawn Care