PDA

View Full Version : Anyone on here Bass Fish?

shiznitttt
08-24-2004, 11:43 PM
Was wondering if anyone bass fished on this site? Thought it may be interesting in getting a trip together to Mexico and compare notes and tell lies. I have fished Lake Huites Lodge in Mexico 7 times and each time I have come back hurting from landing so many fish. Think I am pulling your leg PM me and I will send you the link and website. Anyway, if anyone would be interested in "hooking up" some Hawgs during the late fall or winter shoot me a PM. Take Care, Brittain

ElephantNest
08-24-2004, 11:47 PM
I have a 7lb. largemouth mounted. My Dad has a 5lb, 9lb., 11lb., and 12.9lb. mounted, all from Florida.

shiznitttt
08-25-2004, 12:08 AM
I caught this 8lber on a worm that was about 3 inches long after catching about 3 fish in a row, and each time the worm got smaller and smaller. We are getting ready to quit fishing on the third and final day, and while I was breaking down all my tackle I made one final cast and BAM!!!! Anyway, I sure do miss fishing, but I get so spoiled fishing in Mexico that when I come back to Tulsa and go an hour or so without a bite...I end up throwing in a tube and pulling a buddy around the lake.

geogunn
08-25-2004, 12:20 AM
brittain--this is a good post. right now there are a few of us that are on politics overload.

but I am not one of them. LOL!

I am a very serious bass fisherman and I live in one of the best bass fisheries in the world!

the TENNESSEE VALLEY is home of some of the best bass waters in the world. period.

if you go to ME-HI-CO to catch bass...then great! watchout for tendonitis!

but we have carp on the TENNESSEE RIVER that will equal or better any ME-HI-CAN bass.

I have lead tours for many years on our native waters but I am not liscensed nor insured nor will I tour someone I do not have information about.

you all in the know should recognize....DOUGLAS, WATTS BAR, NORRIS, THE POWELL, THE CLINCH, CHEROKEE, FT. LOUDOUN, CHICAMAUGA, TN MAIN RIVER, MELTON HILL, FONTANA, TELLICO, CHILHOWEE, SANTELA, WILBUR, CENTER HILL, STONES, CUMBERLAND, CHEOA, PERCY PRIEST, SOUTH HOLSTON, santeelah WAUTAUGA and more than double what I have mentioned.

the northern lakes states...MN, MT etc are killer fisher states.

but hey! we are southern people here...and we got great fishing waters!

GEO :D

olderthandirt
08-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Great bass fishen is my back yd, caught one 8 pd and have hooked a bunch of 5-6 pd.ers. Not bad for a northern state.

Mac

geogunn
08-25-2004, 08:27 AM
northern bass deserve respect also. they fight hard for their size!

GEO :)

grass_cuttin_fool
08-25-2004, 08:31 AM
I love to bass fish also, Smith mountain and Buggs Island or Kerr Resevoir are my home waters

GrassBlaster
08-25-2004, 09:49 AM
Love to fish, just don't have enough time to do it.

Nothing like taking the son (10) out and seeing him try to reel one in.

Birddog Lawncare
08-25-2004, 09:58 AM
I have an uncle that owns one of the largest grossing Triton Bass boat dealers in the country. My whole family fishes. Between everybody we have lots in Lake Barkley, TN, Lake Cumberland, KY, and Lake Ocochobee in FL.

Cutters Lawn Care
08-25-2004, 10:38 AM
I've been fishing since I could walk. My dad loved it and as soon as I was old enough he started taking me. I just got back from deep sea fishing a few weeks ago. Went off the coast of Tybee Island. Went out about 45 miles to the snapper banks. Caught about 275 lbs of sea bass, trigger fish, grey and red snapper and skamp.

shiznitttt
08-25-2004, 11:39 AM
I think the best times of my life are spent on the lake with family and friends. And, every now and again you get that great fishing day when you can catch a fish each time you cast, and the action if fast and furious. We have "sand bass" that school up in the area lakes (I am very fortunate that I have roughly 10 lakes within an hour driving) and you can throw a bare hook in and catch one on every cast, it is a blast to take a child out and watch the fish pull on their line.

doublesharp
08-25-2004, 12:02 PM
I've had a place in Moore Haven Fl since the mid 80s. MH is on the west wall of Lake Okeechobee and for several years I did guide jobs for the local marina. I don't guide anymore but I still fish a lot. We routinely get 7-9 lb bass on wild shiners and when specs are running 25 fish limits are common. Moonshine Bay, Monkey Box, Cochrans pass, Dice's ditch, Harney pond, Blue hole, north shore, horse island, Indian prarie, point of the reef and many more hot spots on the Big O. Best place in Fl to winter. Cheap, not crowded and great fishing.

Up North
08-25-2004, 01:14 PM
Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes and about 400,000 boats. Like GEO said, MN is big on fishing. Walleye is the main attraction but I don't have the patience for them, I go for bass. Tons of fun working a top water lure out from under an overhanging tree and then BAM!!!! The fight is on!

BUT...you ain't fished until you've ice fished. Other then hunting, ice fishing is one of my favorite pastimes. Just something about driving out 4-5 miles on a lake and tapping a few holes and jigging away.

Buck

Frosty_03
08-25-2004, 04:08 PM
I caught these here in TN and they sure were good too. I don't eat them most of the time but I was hungry for that wild taste!!! I had some Crappie too the were even better!!!

jaybird
08-27-2004, 06:06 PM
yes i love bass fishing,i have caught many over 10lbs. the largest was a little over 13lbs.

tippi931
08-30-2004, 02:57 AM
i hate fishing fishing is all i ever hear about when i see my dad i grew up with him gone fishing 40 weeks a year he still does this he fishes b.a.s.s. and works for triton and honda he was at the clessic not to long ago

geogunn
08-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by tippi931
i hate fishing fishing is all i ever hear about when i see my dad i grew up with him gone fishing 40 weeks a year he still does this he fishes b.a.s.s. and works for triton and honda he was at the clessic not to long ago

reeeeally? do you think he'd mind swapping his deadbeat son for one that would be his partner???

GEO :D

shiznitttt
08-31-2004, 11:35 AM
I will call him Dad if he can hook me up with a Triton with a Honda motor. Yeah, I sure would hate to have to spend 40 weeks on the water with my dad.