PDA

View Full Version : Neighbors

Davis Lawn
08-24-2004, 11:13 PM
Does anyone else have problems with trashy neighbors just mowing and not weedeating their fence line, then all the overgrown grass grows to your side and makes it look bad. Or on wood fences the grass from their side grows through the cracks and makes it hard to weedeat. Any ideas.

txlawnking
08-24-2004, 11:44 PM
Spray the middle of the fence with round up.. they'll probly nver notice..LOL

lawncare3
08-25-2004, 12:02 AM
What Txlawn kind says

i_plant_art
08-25-2004, 01:12 AM
i have that same problenm on one of my accounts...... i have this yard perfect no weeds thick green ect. well this fence is 3 rail split with like chicken wire on the other side.... not only is trimming a pain in the ass but also seeing all this nasty grass hanging over on me makin me look bad. it used to look as if i never trimmed it....... i did the same thing took some round up opened the nozzle up all the way and sprayed the willie out of it........ needless to say now after multiple passes EOW there is now no grass on the fence line nor is there for bout 3 inches on either side....... my customer cam out and thanked me for doing it and even the guy next door came by and said thanks cuase he "didnt like trimming" WA WA.....

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-25-2004, 01:39 AM
yeah, i sprayed some "stuff" on the fence line and little did i realize that it was gonna kill about everything a foot on the otherside too, but come to find out, everyone was cool with it, saves me 5 mins. a cut.

HayBay
08-25-2004, 06:33 AM
I used to have problems with neighbours and fence lines untill I moved to MARS.

Round up sounds like a good option.

tiedeman
08-25-2004, 05:07 PM
do what my worker did to his neighbor, just go over on their side and hack down the stuff. And when they come out and complain (like they did) just tell them that you are sick of the crap coming through the fence and them not taking care of their property (which he did)

locutus
08-25-2004, 06:15 PM
This happens in nearly every neighborhood regardless of class. I had similar problems with my neighbor until I got in his face over how he kept his property. Before that, the association had little effect on him. He has since turned over a new leaf and I have no more problems with him.

Partly as a result of incidents like this, our association has aquired the authority to fine slackers like this.

wkshank
08-25-2004, 08:52 PM
Have several next door lawns like that. Now that I think about it...............lets make it 7.