PDA

View Full Version : Man Struck, Killed While Trying To Free Lawnmower

Fishin LCO
08-25-2004, 01:37 PM
Man Struck, Killed While Trying To Free Lawnmower

POSTED: 11:44 am EDT August 25, 2004
UPDATED: 12:31 pm EDT August 25, 2004

ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. -- An Orange County man was killed Tuesday afternoon after his wife accidentally ran over him with their pickup truck.

The woman lost control of the pickup while helping her husband free a riding lawnmower, that officials say got stuck in a low area of their yard on Pleasant Green Road, near Hillsborough.

The Orange County Sheriff's Office says the man had tied a rope to the lawnmower and was unable to pull it free. His wife took over at the driver's wheel and the man was struck as he stood behind it.
Copyright 2004 by WRAL.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

geogunn
08-25-2004, 01:49 PM
tragic.

you might want to drop off the: "Copyright 2004 by WRAL.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed." next time though.....

GEO

Fishin LCO
08-25-2004, 02:47 PM
I know I saw it a second to late:( opps
dont tell

Richard Martin
08-25-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by CurrituckCaretaker
I know I saw it a second to late:( opps
dont tell

Next time just click the EDIT botton.

pjslawncare/landscap
08-25-2004, 03:53 PM
How horrible, cant even emagine how the wife feels. What a terrable thing to have to live with.
It good that U post thing like that CC. It raises our level of awareness "things like that do happen & so quickly". Last week I just finished trimming & as I stepped out between my truck & trailer, a van speeding by came very close to me as it passed by. It was my fault for failing to look first, but a step or two further, It would have hit me. Thank God it was a close call, but I look every time now no matter how big of a hurry Im in.

Gravely_Man
08-25-2004, 03:53 PM
That is some awful news. Everyone has to be careful all of the time.

Gravely_Man

tiedeman
08-25-2004, 06:03 PM
that is tragic.

I feel really bad for her knowing that she caused his death

Avery
08-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Seems kinda fishy to me. I have never stuck a mower where another mower would not pull it out...much less a P/U truck. Wonder how much life insurance he had.........................

broken leg
08-25-2004, 08:36 PM
I live in Hillsborough and have not heard of this yet. Will check with people I know and get back on the Pacific's.