PDA

View Full Version : bagger on w/b

stevesmowing
08-25-2004, 02:36 PM
I have been wondering about buying a bagger for my encore walk behind mower b/c I have not gotten some jobs because I cannot bag. Does anyone know of places online that sell them for encores? I called encore and they said it holds 3 bushels. Trying to compare this to years ago with a Honda bagger does anyone know what the Honda's hold? Thanks

AuburnGuy
08-25-2004, 02:42 PM
Click on the sponser link above for accelerator industries. they make great baggers. they also have a forum on lawnsites home page. they also have some great customer service.

MMLawn
08-25-2004, 02:45 PM
Just as a personal point I would really rethink that. Bagging is a HUGE PITB at least for us and takes longer per cut if you bag. We only have 1 customer left that we have to bag and when this year is over we will offer him to no longer bag or drop him. We will mulch or free cut only in the future. IF you do decide to go with bagging though I would for sure charge them for for that and explain that it is a "premium" level service or such.

tim middlebrooks
08-26-2004, 09:49 PM
i have a toro w/b with a bagger that i don't use. hate it.

Fareway Lawncare
08-26-2004, 09:53 PM
Accelerators for Leaves !?!?!

Click the Link !

Liberty Lawncare
08-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Grass gobbler is a brand I have heard good things about. Accelerator are nice but pricey. For my 48 an accelerator is $350. I think Grass gobbler is $200 from landscaper supply .

chefdrp
08-26-2004, 11:23 PM
accelerator catchers are super light. even full of damp spring grass. check them out.

littlenic
08-26-2004, 11:26 PM
The difference between $200 and 350 is small over the life of a piece of equipment. If the 350 one last longer or better yet, gives you better service. If it doesn't fall off as much when your mowing and its full of wet grass. If it doesn't bend or break costing you time or down time the, $150 difference is worth it. Just my 2 cents.

littlenic

HOOLIE
08-27-2004, 12:07 AM
I bag a lot in the spring, hardly at all now. I don't understand how people can go without a bagger at all. There's always times for me when its just faster to bag, rather than triple cut and spend 15 minutes blowing grass out of beds. Paid $200 for a Gobbler. I don't like the 'universal' mounting clip it came with. The bolts loosen, and the thing drags along the ground, messes up the stripes.

STAN1366
08-27-2004, 12:50 AM
I bought a Grass Gobbler for my Bob cat w/b and it works well for me. I added the leaf extender for fall cleanups and by first mulching up the leaves I could get quite a bit more in the catcher than with the standard Bob cat catcher. It's a good unit for the money, though the Accelerator might be even better. Like Hoolie said, there's always times when I need the catcher every day. It's just easier to mow a lawn and then throw the catcher on to get whatever clippings or leaves are visible. Neatness counts.

Itsgottobegreen
08-27-2004, 01:44 AM
There is only one word when it comes to baggers.

GRASSGOBBLER

I have owned both cloth and plastic baggers with large mounting plates. Also a grass packer. All which wore out. Nothing can hold up to the grassgobbler. I own 3 grassgobblers, 2 leafgobblers and one turbo ten gobbler. I wouldn't buy anything else.