PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Transfer Pump Advice needed

HayBay
08-25-2004, 04:36 PM
I am getting a 200 Gallon fuel tank made up for the House.

1 side will be Gasoline
2nd side will be Diesel.

The Tank Manufacturer mentioned I should look around for a better price on a manual hand pump. He wants $400. Canadian.
I need 2 of them.

My question is, what brand name do you guys use ,how much did it cost, good quality or not, do you have a water seperator and filter attached to the pump?

I am looking at the Fill-Rite FR1152 Hand Pump at the moment, I just can't find a retailer in my area yet.

Also, is there a trick when pumping the hand pump and knowing when the truck is full of fuel?

Getting as close to the pump with the truck is my only idea.
I don't have the budget for the electric pump yet.

I also heard the TSC has pumps but I have not been there yet to look.
Thanks.

Keith82
08-25-2004, 04:51 PM
Look at Northern online. I have a 12VDC and a hand pump that I use with Diesel. You will eventually have con densation build up if the tank is located outside. You definately need to run a seperator and filter setup as injection pumps and injectors are very expensive to repair.

Oldtimer
08-25-2004, 09:16 PM
You will probably need to pour a pad with retention wall and get permits for above ground fuel storage.

Oldtimer

HayBay
08-25-2004, 09:44 PM
Oldtimer, I know the tank is not a problem without a dyke, it has leak viewing compartments under both of the tank and another inbetween the diesel and gas compartments as well as a fill overflow containment type lid. There is a maximum amount of fuel you can store here on your property, I know I am way under, i think its 2500 litres or less. Im rural.

You know of a good pump Oldtimer?

Keith82, I will look into Northern Tool prices thanks. They get me on the shipping to Canada , thats the problem with purchasing there.

HayBay
09-02-2004, 12:47 PM
This is what I picked up.