PDA

View Full Version : WB or stander?

QC Lawn Services
08-26-2004, 03:35 PM
I just did a search of the site trying to get some opinions on what the community feels is a better choice: a WB or a stander?

All of the properties that we currently mow are smaller residential lawns with standard 36" gates. We would like to increase our efficiency over the 21" push mowers that we currently use. Since neither of us has used a WB or a stander, we wanted to opinions as to what would be a better type of mower to buy for our situation.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
08-26-2004, 03:37 PM
Until they put bigger tires on the 36" standers, go with a wb. The standers will rut too much.

sprout
08-26-2004, 04:28 PM
I have wanted a stander from the first day. However, a stander will never get me in and out of many places, you must think of how your opertion is set up. I have a lot of hills, burms, retention ponds,and all kinds of low hanging tree branches, a stander will just never work for me. Think-about-it!!! :rolleyes:

Doc_77
08-26-2004, 04:29 PM
check out this thread. people are talking about a 32 " stander and the new wright's coming out .
i can't really give ya any advice on these mowers. if i did i would be just talking out of my @** but i thought this might help ...

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81515

Tider6972
08-26-2004, 04:33 PM
If you have 36" gates, ( measure the narrowest portion, post to hinge or post to post, etc), you need to know a 36" mower won't usually pass through--usually!

If that is the case, you have several options: if you like to walk, a 32" WB; if you prefer to ride, Gravely makes a commercial grade ZRT that has a maximum width of 35.3 inches.It's only weakness is poor hill holding; it will handle only mild slopes.

The Wright Stander 36 also won't clear a 36" opening.

Hustler also makes the FasTrak that is less than 36" wide, but has a non-commercial hydro system.

Itsgottobegreen
08-26-2004, 06:29 PM
If you have been on this site long enough, you know what I will say.

Get the stander. The 32" model is going to be a big seller. I know I want one. Or you could pick up a 04 model 36" stander real cheap in the spring, since everyone is going to want the new style.