PDA

View Full Version : turf tiger owners

jakexx
08-26-2004, 06:16 PM
i am buying a turf tiger and i mow propertys that are bumpy but
no hills. my question is is the standard seat just fine or is the
upgrade to the suspension seat worth the extra money.
thanks!!!

Frank Lopez
08-26-2004, 07:43 PM
There are models out there already that have the suspension seats as standard equiptment. I have the susp seat and still trying to get used to it , I may be going back to the regular seat because it's more comfy. Let me know what you decide on doing. Frank

ProStreetCamaro
08-26-2004, 07:53 PM
Why a scag just out of curiosity?

Green Care
08-26-2004, 07:54 PM
I have the regular seat fill terrible needs more paddddding.

grass_cuttin_fool
08-26-2004, 08:25 PM
Scag : Simply The Best , lol ok yall know me I dont put down mowers, I think each brand has it good and bad points. I have a tiger cub with the regular seat and I wish it was a little better

lawnmowermannh
08-26-2004, 09:50 PM
I have a turf tiger I bought last season. I am very disappointed in Quality of cut. Pay attention to the cut particular for stringers between center blade and right discharge blade. Other than that the mower is great. good luck with it.

Randy Scott
08-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by lawnmowermannh
I have a turf tiger I bought last season. I am very disappointed in Quality of cut. Pay attention to the cut particular for stringers between center blade and right discharge blade. Other than that the mower is great. good luck with it.

This is what I have seen with these machines as well. They really don't do a good job of cutting. I look at properties done with these machines and I'm not impressed. Maybe it's the operator or maintenance of blades, but maybe they need to change something in their deck. I'd put the cut of our exmark machines up against ANY scag.

Sorry, I got off topic, we love suspension seats. The standard seats stink.

jug head
08-26-2004, 10:26 PM
my standard seat has my hemorrhoids looking like a bowl of wet plumbs by the end of the week---go with the upgrade--trust me your back side will thank you!!

tim middlebrooks
08-26-2004, 10:30 PM
spend the money. you will be glad you did.

Green Care
08-26-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by lawnmowermannh

No problem with mine just corrected it take the 1-1/2 spacer off the bottom and put 2wb spacers on and keep deck clean you will see a difference.

jug head
08-26-2004, 10:53 PM
how quick to you guys go thru the "deck anti-scalpiing wheels"lol--I must side ride on too many hills-- I go thru a set every year it seems like-- if you let them little plastic dudes get more than half wore out--the mounts for them will take divits like a blind golfer?

oh and jake-- don't mean to be hi-jacking your thread but there aren't allot of scags in my little home town.:o

Frank Lopez
08-27-2004, 06:45 PM
I have noticed that when or if you hit anything, you will need to check your blades for bent or chipped, bolts ever so slightly bent, or tire pressure. Also the advantage deck has adjustable baffles, you may need to lower them .Getting back to original thread, this morning I had my seat swithed to the wildcat seat OH WHAT A DIFFERENCE. It's how comfortable you what to be.

ProStreetCamaro
08-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Looks like even more people with scags that dont cut very good. Mine cut's terrible.

Frank Lopez
08-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Please don't take what I'm saying about scag mowers negitive, I really enjoy both of mine. I learned to adjust to these little quirks, there only as good as the amount of time you put into them, preventive maint. is key to zero downtime.