PDA

View Full Version : Bids, what do you submit with them?

Branchland
08-26-2004, 06:36 PM
I'm just wandering what everybody turns in with their bids/proposals?. I'm talking about commercial jobs. Last year I gave a list of references along with the bid. On a separate sheet of course. Is this jumping the gun? I was thinking maybe this year also giving a introduction letter about me and my business? Do anybody do this?

jbell113
08-26-2004, 06:38 PM
IMO I dont think they care for either There looking for the lowest price PERIOD

Branchland
08-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Well last year I had a couple ask for the reference list so I started just giving them with all bids. And last year I had one complex ask for a letter, just stating about myself and the business. I just wasn't sure if this was standard with most LCO's or if in most peoples experience they've learned that companies want this. But I do know that ultimately they're going to take the lowest bid.

Fantasy Lawns
08-26-2004, 06:43 PM
Bid Proposal ..... Reference Sheet & Contact #'s as well as a list of Property Address fore a “drive by”.....Copy of Vehicle & Liability Insurance & W/C .... Color Brochure ..... 2 Glossy Photo sheets of present jobs bout 12 photos ..... Couple Business Cards .... all in a nice printed folder

County & City look for lowest bids .... one of my State Contracts is my best payer

I've found the small stand alones, strip malls price shop .... while upper gate HOA's better restraunt do strive for quality .... all I want is a level play field .... ie insurance & W/C

Branchland
08-26-2004, 06:46 PM
Fantasy Lawns,

Thanx, that sounds very nice and professional. You don't do the introduction letter? I guess with everything else you're submitting you're telling them about yourself.

GeeVee
08-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Exactly what they ask for, nothing else.

(You could prompt them a little, to ask you for such superfluos materials.)