PDA

View Full Version : hose within a hose

way to grow
08-26-2004, 09:01 PM
I am considering replacing my current tanks with dual hose or hose-in-hose units. I would save bundles of money on weed control. I know chemlawn was using a similar setup but now doesn't. Has anyone owned one of these sprayers? What are the drawbacks? Why don't more companies use them?? Thank you for your help!!!

DUSTYCEDAR
08-26-2004, 09:41 PM
i have looked into this and found nothing that was made in the us
that was reliable so if u find something let me know

Neal Wolbert
08-27-2004, 01:58 AM
Have 5 Gregson Clark injector units online now and we like them. They need cleaning now and then and hose replacement as usual but are fairly dependable and not too expensive. Look at the drop in model made for a Lesco spreader. We truck mount those and like them the best because they are open and easy to work on. See www.gregsonclark.com. You're right about saving herbicide. We use a fraction of what we used to use tank mixing and the time saving over backpack application is enormous. Make sure you add a little colorant to your injector mix so you know if the injector is working or not...doesn't take much. We use Blazon, with Horsepower and Spotlight herbicides with great results. Rhett at Gregson Clark is very helpful. Neal

Runner
08-27-2004, 04:05 AM
Just out of curiosity, what's the price for one of these drop in units?

Neal Wolbert
08-28-2004, 02:15 AM
About $700 without the reel and hose, I remember (I am over 60 so don't rely on my memory). Quotes are freely given on the phone from Gregson Clark. By the way Runner, how are things going for you now? Neal

HayBay
08-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Are you saying you are truck mounting the 9 Gallon tanks in your truck with a hose and reel? Seems small.

I have a similar setup as the Drop in Model for my Lesco Self Propelled. I can get approx. 30,000 sq ft of coverage. What are you getting coverage wise with the hose, reel and gun?

If you are using the boom what is your coverage/ nozzle sizes?

I will agree that you use less chemicals than what is recommended.

Are you using the 12Volt batteries? Any pictures of your charging unit? I would like to see one that hooks up to the truck, so you can charge on site. I carry extra batteries with me and charge at home. 1.5 Hours or about 2 tanks and my battery is dead.

Neal Wolbert
08-29-2004, 01:53 AM
We mount the units on liquid fertilizer trucks. The injector hose runs inside the 1/2" fertilizer delivery hose. Pretty simple concept, but a little delicate. We apply 9-12 oz. of herb./water mix per 1000 sq/ft depending on choice of herbicides. The liquid fertilizer is the carrier. We time the application of a 1000 sq/ft of fertilizer and then time the flow of the injected product to get the rate right. Flow rate is adjusted with the pressure regulator on the module. The 9 gallons of mix will treat about 100K so it goes a long way when you just spot treat. The gun is a Chemlawn/Lesco retrofitted with a second trigger for herb. injection. We power the injector pump from the truck charging circuit so no batteries to run down. So as you spray along applying fertilizer and see a weed coming up you just pop the herb. trigger momentarily to treat the weed. No more backpacking or tank mixing and applying where herb. is not needed. Check out the website for details www.gregsonclark.com. Neal

HayBay
08-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Thanks, I understand now.

Runner
08-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Neal,
Things are going ok around here. We're just staying busy, and watching out over mom. It's getting tough, because enough time is passing now that reality is beginning to set in. Thank you for asking.

What I was asking about, pricewise, was the drop in model that goes inside the spreader hoppers like Haybay was refering to. That is what I thought you were talking about.

Neal Wolbert
08-30-2004, 02:44 AM
That is what I was referring to. We just truck mount the unit instead of dropping it in a spreader. Then we plumb the injector pump to a double plumbed reel (Cox reels seems to work the best for us). The injector pump outlet is connected to one swivel to feed the inner 1/8" herb. hose and the fertilizer pump is fitted to the other end. It works great for not much money. Give me a call if I can help with more info. As far as your personal struggle is going...even though there is no short cut to learning to live after the loss of a loved one there is a time coming when it will all make sense. You know when that will be, right? It's when you get to see the big picture...from heaven, with your Dad...and the rest of us who wait for that day...someday soon I hope. Keep lookin' up. Neal

way to grow
08-30-2004, 05:19 PM
GNC Industries inc. makes a dual hose system that we're looking at. Has anybody used a sprayer from them before?

way to grow
08-30-2004, 05:20 PM
Their website is gncindustries.com