PDA

View Full Version : Used Home Depot Trucks

bligh61
08-26-2004, 11:05 PM
I HAVE RECENTLY COME ACROSS A FEW OLD HOME DEPOT FLAT BED TRUCKS FOR SALE. HAS ANYONE BOUGHT ONE OF THESE AND DID YOU CONVERT IT TO A DUMP? ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO OR TO MOUNT A HITCH

selnoil
08-27-2004, 08:29 AM
I tried and tried and tried to contact that does the buying and selling of there trucks. I wanted one of there rental 1 tons from our area but the contact guy never called me back, I left at least 10 messages.

I would imagine there maintained pretty well. The ones around here are very well taken care of.

Tony Clifton
08-27-2004, 10:24 AM
bligh61...are you talking about the pick-up trucks that have the aluminum flat bed? If so could you tell me where you found them. Thanks

selnoil
08-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Thats the one I've tried to great, most of our local HD trucks are 3/4 ton but a couple are 1 ton single wheel. I was just going to paint it and make the flat bed into a dump. They will make great trucks!!!

NNJLandman
08-27-2004, 09:26 PM
are you kidding me think about it, your renting out a gas job truck to people who plan on beating it up. $20.00 for the day, yea id use it, they don't take care of those trucks at all, buy a bunch of em and get a deal, prob. never have em serviced. There beat. I saw a guy once at one of the local material suppliers jus maxin the truck out with topsoil.

Jeff

pottstim
08-27-2004, 10:14 PM
I saw one of the HD rental trucks when I was at the store last month. It was a GMC 2500 HD, and the back tires were bald. LOL
Obviously it had been rode hard and hung up wet just like your common everyday Enterprise or Avis rental. I'd say the truck has seen several good burnouts. So, wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
09-03-2004, 12:30 AM
I agree, those people beat on those things like there's no tomorrow. I really wouldnt recomend it.

moneyman
09-05-2004, 03:24 AM
Most people using it are hauling what they paid for so they are probaly not in any hurry to lose there load.