PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Neighbors as Employees

HOOLIE
08-27-2004, 12:14 AM
Has any of you ever hired neighbors to work for you? I don't mean neighbors you know real well. I'm one of the only non-Hispanic people on my street. Every other house is full of Hispanic laborer types. At least once a week somebody is hitting me up for a job "Excuse me sir, you needa help?" (Why do they always call me sir?). Anyway, I don't think I want to be in the position to have to fire someone and then look at them everyday, and risk "revenge" from some disgruntled ex-worker.

What do you think?

dvmcmrhp52
08-27-2004, 12:17 AM
I'd have to agree.
Hispanic or not you have to live there.
Neighbors are difficult enough sometimes, why make it worse?

fcl01
08-27-2004, 12:26 AM
If they're cheap, go for it. And by the way, they call you sir because as a business owner, you are a god among fleas. Meaning, you're better off than them because you're the king of your own little world, and they admire that. Or, they're a bunch of suckazzes.

olderthandirt
08-27-2004, 12:34 AM
Yeah I'd hire them, even drive them to job thats 100 miles from home and leave them there. Don't like the neighbors, and at least I could laugh at them when I seen em.

Mac

HOOLIE
08-27-2004, 12:51 AM
I think they call me sir because they want to get in good with the white guy...don't want me calling the zoning commissioner on them. Not supposed to be 15 unrelated guys in one house.

mbricker
08-27-2004, 01:26 AM
no, senor, no hire neighbors. no no no.

also no hire friends, or wife's friends' husbands (boyfriends) "but Darla says he's a REAL good worker, honey" or relatives. well, maybe relatives, if they aren't too big to give an ass whippin if they rate it.

Basically, never hire anyone that you want to continue a relationship with after you have canned their ass.

IMPACT
08-27-2004, 02:23 AM
..." god among fleas..."...LMFAO!!

Don't worry about retribution or revenge, all it takes is one call to the INS to fix all that. They have to be cheaper than a H2B visa!! My neighbors hate me too, there are a few I'd love to have out on a site for just one day...muhahahaha!!:p