PDA

View Full Version : What do you drink?

printer88
08-27-2004, 12:57 AM
I drink water alone all day long. Atleast 5 or 6 bottles.What do you guys drink to quench your thirst when you are sweating so bad your underwear is wringing wet!!!:blob2:

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-27-2004, 12:58 AM
a lot more than 5 or 6 bottles of water

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-27-2004, 12:59 AM
in a better reply, a huge fountain drink, coke, always is awesome at the end of the day, but all day i drink at least about 8 liters of water.

txlawnking
08-27-2004, 01:02 AM
Lots of water, a Gatorade (when I can find one of the only flavors I will drink, Riptide Rush, or Cascade Crash) when I want some minerals, and sometimes a Rockstar energy drink if I'm bogging down in the a.m....... Dang, I made myself thirsty..

HOOLIE
08-27-2004, 01:07 AM
I buy Gatorade powder from Costco, makes a lot of Gatorade, much cheaper than buying pre-made. Or if I'm lazy, just a lot of Virginia's finest tap water.

IMPACT
08-27-2004, 01:09 AM
About one gallon of H2O, and two or three Powerades. On landscape jobs, we take a 5 gal. cooler of Gatorade made from the powder mix.

txlawnking
08-27-2004, 01:12 AM
Hoolie, have you seen either of these flavors in the mix latelly? riptide rush and cascade crash? I don't like virtually any of the others they make and those two flavors are hard to find...I just wonder if they still sell them in a powder form.

rkbrown
08-27-2004, 01:16 AM
POS 3 made by Advocare

DALMlawn&landscaping
08-27-2004, 01:19 AM
advocare, thats some hardcore stuff, i use to take alot of that stuff, now i just spend my money on beer and food, has the same effect.

HOOLIE
08-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by txlawnking
Hoolie, have you seen either of these flavors in the mix latelly? riptide rush and cascade crash? I don't like virtually any of the others they make and those two flavors are hard to find...I just wonder if they still sell them in a powder form.

At Costco I usually see just the ol' lemon-lime flavor. But some of the supermarkets carry other flavors, but not nearly as large a canister. I'll have to see what else is out there.

IMPACT
08-27-2004, 01:57 AM
That's my big gripe here. You can only find the large can in lemon-lime. You can get other flavors in a 1 gallon pack for around 4.00, compared to the lemon - lime mix in a can that makes 9 gallons for around 6.50, ;) so we suck it up and drink the lemon lime...:D

jphag
08-27-2004, 02:37 AM
I drink diet lemon iced T. No sugar and it quenches the thirst. I buy 2 liters from Wal mart

Runner
08-27-2004, 02:48 AM
Alot of water and alot of Gatorade (or Powerade). I have only bought the dry in the smaller containers that makes around 5 gal., I think. Mine was the Blue stuff, I think.

Tharrell
08-27-2004, 05:13 AM
I drink lots of water and gatorade. Wal-Mart supercenters have the gatorade mix in several flavers, the one that makes 6 gallons.

Lawn-N-Garden Guy
08-27-2004, 05:53 AM
Water,Water,Water and what ever else comes along,I have a customer that is into making wine and comes out of his garage occasionally to get me to try a taste of his flavor of the month,Not the best thing to be drinking ,but I usually just pass and say no thanks,then he just gives me a whole bottle to bring home.

Branchland
08-27-2004, 07:45 AM
Too much coke, not enough water. But usually 1 bottle of Gatorade.

geogunn
08-27-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by Lawn-N-Garden Guy
I have a customer that is into making wine and comes out of his garage occasionally to get me to try a taste of his flavor of the month,Not the best thing to be drinking ,but I usually just pass and say no thanks,then he just gives me a whole bottle to bring home.

I think that's cool. I don't know a thing about good wine so the worse it tasts, the better I like it! :D

I have a cooler that holds several gallons of water.

I freeze water in 2 liter bottles with the neck cut off and then dispense the ice as one big chunk.

the ice lasts a long time and lots of cool water to drink.

GEO :)

Kevinrmac
08-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Water and gatorade/poweraid. Sometimes some fruit juice to keep the blood sugar up when I'm running late, and lunch gets pushed off an hour or two.

Something to watch... overhydrating... It can happen.

"Water helps you stay hydrated during exercise, but itís not the safest way to maintain the bodyís fluid balance if youíre doing an endurance exercise that lasts more than 90 minutes. Drinking lots of water without adequately replacing the sodium you lose as you perspire may put you at risk for hyponatremia. This potentially fatal condition occurs when sodium levels in the blood drop because a large intake of water has diluted the blood."

from: http://archive.parade.com/2004/0125/0125_fitness.html
lots of other references to it out there if you do a search.

dmc337
08-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Lots & Lots of Lemon Iced Tea.....something like 1.5 to 2 gallons a day when it's real muggy

KDLAWN
08-27-2004, 02:08 PM
I buy all my sports drink and energy drinks from this site off the web.. www.ikdmarketing.com password : free I usually have an energy drink in the morning to get me going, drink the sports drink during the day, then another energy drink after lunch to help me finnish out the day.. this taste good too.. I think.. and usually have a bar in the afternoon to help with the hunger crase..

check it out.. you might find something you like..

Trevors Lawn Care
08-27-2004, 02:16 PM
One red bull each in the AM, then a gallon of water each.

Trevor

Steve9
08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
I have customized my backpack sprayer. I took off the wand and added a needle to go into my neck. I fill it with Gatorade and a few pumps in the morning will feed fluids straight into my system all day. Too much pressure and I wet my pants.

Gravely_Man
08-27-2004, 03:02 PM
I make up Gatorade each AM to drink. You can never have too much fluid when you are outside sweeting to death.

Gravely_Man

jbell113
08-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Have any of u thought about a camel back hydrating system

slikrick
08-27-2004, 05:58 PM
definatley gatorade from the powder...... but i like to take some unsweaten tea and add a little lemonade to it !!! really quenches the thirst and adds the lemon taste!!!!! mmmm that sounds good right now actually!

ProStreetCamaro
08-27-2004, 06:46 PM
Yeah ummm I just drink pepsi for the most part.

tiedeman
08-27-2004, 07:22 PM
I make it through the day with diet coke (one liter, and one 12 oz)

GrassBustersLawn
08-27-2004, 07:23 PM
bottle water & bottled gatorade from Sam's Club. I buy them by the case. Throw them in the cooler with ice (from Sam's). I like Fruit Punch, Orange & Lemon Lime Gatorades. Hate those wacky new flavors. :(

I have one of those 5 gallon gatorade cooler/dispensers, but use it to carry the bottles in. It gets pretty nasty on its own. I know I don't want to be drinking anything directly from it!

Mike

RBP
08-27-2004, 07:33 PM
Coffee in the morning immediatley followed by a mountain dew,then plenty of water and gatorade throughout the day and beer when I get home.

not_as_noun
08-27-2004, 09:02 PM
So far it's been lemon-lime (which happens to be the only kind I like) Gatorade made from powder.

dkeisala
08-27-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by jbell113
Have any of u thought about a camel back hydrating system I won one of these at a chemical rep seminar. Brand new, never used it. I hear they are great, maybe I should give it a try?!!

Kelly's Landscaping
08-27-2004, 10:35 PM
2-8 snapple lemon 16 ounce ice teas a day depending on how hot it is. I don't care for water I crave the sugar and it gives me an energy burst all day even if I don't stop for lunch.

Lawn-Scapes
08-27-2004, 10:45 PM
I usually drink (2) 48oz fountain cokes.

Albemarle Lawn
08-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Drop a few peaches in the jar and sip a little here and there to ease the bumps on the mower.

l1011100
08-27-2004, 11:08 PM
2 - 3 gallons of Lemon Lime Gatorade, I dont care for the flavor but its all I can get in bulk from BJ's. I havnt gone to Wal-Mart to look yet, I hope they have more flavors.

qualitylandscaping
08-27-2004, 11:10 PM
Water, Gatorade (the new flavors), Snapple peach and reg iced tea, and coke.. Everything is in a huge cooler and I get one bag of ice cubes every morning.. Probably drink about 1 1/2-2 gallons a day..

qualitylandscaping
08-27-2004, 11:13 PM
btw,

you can order the new flavors of powder gatorade off ebay..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31487&item=3836341276&rd=1

fcl01
08-27-2004, 11:20 PM
water till im sick of it

GreenMonster
08-27-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by IMPACT
That's my big gripe here. You can only find the large can in lemon-lime. You can get other flavors in a 1 gallon pack for around 4.00, compared to the lemon - lime mix in a can that makes 9 gallons for around 6.50, ;) so we suck it up and drink the lemon lime...:D

same here.

3 guys drank about 5 gallons today:eek:

New England HHH August day.

CJ GreenScapes
08-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Water when the sun's up...

Beer when the sun's down.

Frosty_03
08-28-2004, 12:05 AM
I drink a lot of water I have a 5 gallon cooler that I fill with ice in the morning with a gallon of water, one coke and a mountain dew. drink the dew after a few hours and than I drink the coke when i am done for the day, but for the most part it is water very time i go to the trailer. Got to keep hydrated, I do have a camel back i use on my bigger accounts, but it is just as easy to go to the cooler beside the water is Ice Cold:cool:

drains
08-28-2004, 01:06 AM
The key to avoiding problems with the heat is to STAY hydrated. In other words dont wait until your thirsty to drink liquids. The body cant process liquids as fast as you sweat. Dont wait until your body demands liquid, drink all the time. Also it is not a good idea to substitute soda for water or sports drinks. Soda contains sodium and causes LOSS of fluids by stimulating sweat glands, not to mention the sugar causes the sudden rise and fall of glucose which wreak havoc with your energy level. Water i s natures perfect drimk, enjoy alot of it each day.

pcnservices
08-28-2004, 01:20 AM
Coffee with milk and sugar in the morning - some days when I know I have a long day ahead of me and I dont feel like it I'll take a Red Bull "to give me the wings".
Water and some pop during the day. At the end of the day when I get home - an ice cold beer, YEA!!!!! Nothing beats an ice cold beer.
PC

GeeVee
08-28-2004, 01:25 AM
I can't drink water.

Coffee, beer. No diet beers please.

odin
08-28-2004, 01:36 AM
beer alcohol is one of the worse things to drink on extreme hot days .

Water for me 10 serveings every day of the year topped with unsweet tea with lemon ..on extreme hot working days a lot more water .

trying 2b organic
08-28-2004, 01:39 AM
I dont like plain water so I drink watery Iced tea made from powder in a cooler. Watery so its not to much sugar, enough so it tastes good.

jerryrwm
08-28-2004, 02:38 AM
Start the day off with "half a pot and half a pack"

Then coffee during breaks and lunch, plenty of water with a little lemon (no sugar) then coffee for the rest of the evening.

Need a little more caffeine right now as a matter of fact.