PDA

View Full Version : Training wheeels, ha ha ha!

Tharrell
08-27-2004, 05:25 AM
I found this new invention on Ebay today. I'll bet homeowners are going to snap them up.

Hometown
08-27-2004, 06:04 AM
What are they boasting that it will do? Keep them from scalping or using too much trimmer line? Hey the guy will make some money on the thing.

Oldtimer
08-27-2004, 06:36 AM
I wanna see the inventor tap that head.

Oldtimer

Ray & Karen
08-27-2004, 06:56 AM
The only thing is, that most homeowners used bent shaft trimmers....I think LCO are the target market. Better get'em while they last.

Tonyr
08-27-2004, 07:18 AM
You can buy commercial versions of those things, off memery they are 3 wheeled, bike size wheels, bit head etc, it is sold as a unit, not an attachment, e.g no trimmer shaft.

they are used for clearing thick scrub, councils etc buy them apparently, they are to replace a mower in unmowerable conditions I was told.

The line and head is purpose built, not the same grade as our trimmers....

i guess that one pictured could be used by someone with a bad back maybe....not sure you guys or myself would race out and buy one though, this will earn the inventer plenty of dollars though.

Runner
08-27-2004, 10:49 AM
Just another novelty item playing on poor victims who don't know any better. The types of people who put "purpose" before practicality. If carrying the trimmer is really that much of an issue for cutting straight rows, then why not just use the shoulder strap that comes with every trimmer. Again, this is one of those things that LIMITS the machines use more than it assists.
Man, I STILL want one of those string trimmers on wheels that are set up like a pushmower. I could really get alot done with one of those.

Gravely_Man
08-27-2004, 11:12 AM
That sad thing we all know is that several of these will probably be grabbed up as they are such help devices. I guess you can get the line to advance by tipping the unit very forward like dumping a wheel barrow and the string will advance. Not too practical to me.

Gravely_Man