PDA

View Full Version : feedback on product tecnu

bobbygedd
08-27-2004, 03:52 PM
anyone have any positive or negative feedback on this product? i'm doing a big trimming job tuesday and the area is infested with poison ivy, and....i'm highly allergic.

lqmustang
08-27-2004, 04:05 PM
My brother-in-law (highly allergic also) swears by it, but I don't have any personal experience using it.

If you are that allergic, I'd pass on the job.

Gravely_Man
08-27-2004, 04:05 PM
Bobby all I can say is that this product is the best thing I have found on the market. Just make sure to clean your tools and your clothes and then yourself by following the directions on the bottle. If you clean up and then handle your tools or clothes you will get poision ivy. Best of luck to you.

Gravely_Man

Kevinrmac
08-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Have had very good luck with Tecnu. I just clean up with it afterwards. I have a friend that likes to put it on before also.... Not sure if that's in the directions, or if he's just paranoid!

impactlandscaping
08-27-2004, 06:15 PM
We have been using it for 3 years now, and it's awesome. My brother gets poison really bad, but he hasn't had a bad outbreak since using Technu. Get some wipes and get the gel for itch control if you forget to use Technu after working in poison ivy.

KenH
08-27-2004, 06:27 PM
Woorrkkss ggreat.

Mowing Bushman
08-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Well, I am extremely allergic to Poison Ivy. I usually have to take steroids, and the time I tried Technu, it did not seem to really help.

It provide an excuse to scratch (or rub) though.

Unfortunately I am allergic to the CalaGel as well.

walker-talker
08-27-2004, 07:15 PM
I am very allergic also, but have not been infected for quite some time. I have used Tecnu in the past and have had good results with it.