PDA

View Full Version : quote my job please

bobbygedd
08-27-2004, 03:04 PM
finished a trimming job last week. handed her the bill she fainted. said i'm "way over" what she thought it would be. here it is: 50 emerald green arbs 15 foot high. these needed to be topped down to 10 foot, then sqared off to create a neat hedge appearence. then trim 25 other pieces of shrubbery assorted species( holly, euonomous "gold and silver king", junipers, and yews, none of which required a ladder, none more than 4 ft high x 4 ft wide). re edge 150 foot of beds where stone had been, which makes getting a shovel in the ground near impossible. remove two huge clump birch stumps, planted right up against house, with electrical wiring all around it. all disposal in back woods. install 1.5 ton of stone(3/4"red), 1 yd of mulch, one weeping birch 5-6 ft range b&b. i know it's difficult without seeing, but based on this info, give me a ball park, best u can, thanx

cst51
08-27-2004, 03:11 PM
$1000.00- Those 50 emerald greens are a pain in the arse.

lqmustang
08-27-2004, 03:12 PM
Like you said, hard to say without seeing the job, but I'd probably be around $1200-$1300 give or take depending on the overall sizes of the '25 other pieces of shrubbery'.

olderthandirt
08-27-2004, 03:13 PM
$4500 or more

Mac

chevyman1
08-27-2004, 03:23 PM
$4500 or more? hahhaha, good one man...Like the others said $1200-1500 seems pretty good

soccer911
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
bobbygedd..............how much did you bill her?

jbell113
08-27-2004, 04:31 PM
I would say $3600 without seeing exactly what you did.

rdran5
08-27-2004, 04:38 PM
I would have went no more than 8-1200.00 without seeing it.

Ability
08-27-2004, 04:39 PM
One thing that so many companies don't seem to understand is that you MUST give an estimate prior to work being done. This is especially true when dealing with residentials. Many times an exact estimate cannot be given. In those cases, if nothing else, a range should be given.

So many residential customers do not have a CLUE as to how much work it really takes to do landscape jobs. They think in their mind, "how long could it really take to cut a shrub?". When in reality it takes quite a while to do a proper job.

I know that when I first started in this business I underestimated jobs all the time and would end up either losing money or breaking even. This was because I didn't realize how much work it really takes to do some of these jobs.

You can sure bet that "Mr. or Ms. Office Worker" or "Mr. or Ms. Hire Everything Done" doesn't have a clue about landscape work.

That is why I do my best to educate them. I give them an estimate and explain A-Z what it really takes to undertake their request.

The astonished look on their face when I am done talking is enough to reassure me of their ignorance to my work. It also helps them accept my price when I write it out on the estimate sheet.

slikrick
08-27-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Ability
One thing that so many companies don't seem to understand is that you MUST give an estimate prior to work being done. This is especially true when dealing with residentials. Many times an exact estimate cannot be given. In those cases, if nothing else, a range should be given.

So many residential customers do not have a CLUE as to how much work it really takes to do landscape jobs. They think in their mind, "how long could it really take to cut a shrub?". When in reality it takes quite a while to do a proper job.

I know that when I first started in this business I underestimated jobs all the time and would end up either losing money or breaking even. This was because I didn't realize how much work it really takes to do some of these jobs.

You can sure bet that "Mr. or Ms. Office Worker" or "Mr. or Ms. Hire Everything Done" doesn't have a clue about landscape work.

That is why I do my best to educate them. I give them an estimate and explain A-Z what it really takes to undertake their request.

The astonished look on their face when I am done talking is enough to reassure me of their ignorance to my work. It also helps them accept my price when I write it out on the estimate sheet.

now that is a very good post..... im on another tread kinda in a way asking the same question and i like your answer..... but what i want to know is when you give the quote on a could be this or that price where do you start? do you start where you think it will be at and go up say 20% or what?

Ability
08-27-2004, 04:57 PM
It depends upon your bidding ability. It is my experience that I tend to quote less than I should. So whatever I think it will be I use that as my starting price and go up to my maximum.

If I get it done in an unusually quick amount of time I will then tell that to the customer AFTER it is done and lower the price. They love that!!!! However, I NEVER tell them that I will lower my price prior to doing the job.

Rule of thumb....Under Promise and Over Deliver.

bobbygedd
08-27-2004, 04:58 PM
no insult intended, but this "educating the customer" crap is stupid. why do i need to validate myself to anyone? when is the last time you asked another contractor for a quote, and he went into this big scene explaining WHY he has to charge you what he has to? why the explanation?

fcl01
08-27-2004, 05:11 PM
because people are morons. i'd rather take 5 min. explaining beforehand than argue afterwards. plus, theres a bunch of ripoffs out there, i wouldn't hire you to wipe my azz until i knew how much it'd cost and if you're using nice soft paper!

bobbygedd
08-27-2004, 05:14 PM
so you suggest i tell them, "well mam, you see, my trimmers cost over $1,000 each, my chainsaws $300 each, i'll have to replace 2 chains after the job @ $15 each, etc?" yea right

Cutters Lawn Care
08-27-2004, 05:17 PM
How many man hours did it take?

fcl01
08-27-2004, 05:30 PM
you dont need to tell them that crap. its none of their business what your stuff cost. the final bill is their business because they have to pay it.

Creative Lawn Care
08-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Without seeing the job, I estimate $1200 since you said all clippings could stay on the property

Ability
08-27-2004, 05:37 PM
No insult taken.

It has been my experience that we live in a society of know it alls. When in fact, so many people really don't know how the other side of things really are. Most don't really think things through.

Let me give an example of what I am talking about. Recently, I gave a bid for planting a few trees to one of my lawn customers. I could tell that she thought the price was a little steep. In her mind she thought of the price tag at the local Lowe's and wondered why I wasn't closer to that, after all how long could it take to dig a hole.

I then went through the steps of going to the nursery (time), buying ALL of the supplies (not just the tree), transporting it over to her house (a special trip), digging the hole.....anyway you get the idea.

Her demeanor instantly changed from one of skepticism (thinking that I might be taking advantage of her) to one of understanding. Of course I got the job and she felt good about her purchase.

This also encourages the customers to refer you to others. Good business.

This may not work in New Jersey but it works well for me in good Ol Tennessee.

Rhyming not intended LOL

CapnDean
Somebody straighten me out here please:

Did you undertake this job without bidding on it or making some kind of agreement before you did the work? If you did...then you need to accept what the customer is willing to pay and smile. (And learn from your mistake).

I cannot believe that you did not give her an hourly quote, or a by the job quote or at least an educated guestimate on the task.

it's one thing if your $50 a cut customer asks you to pull up an old dead bush while you're at it - - it's another if he asks you to replace all of his shrubbery (or install a sprinkler system, tear down and old shed etc...)

bobbygedd
i follow you, but it goes like this with me, only sometimes: i tell them that i can't quote them a price, but i can quote them an hourly price. this protects me from any unforseen stuff. you know, after trimming down half the arbs they say, "oh, can you take them down another foot or so?" and, have you ever tried to rip out a mature clump birch stump, completely? on this job i thought it was in my best interest to quote an hourly rate, and the client agreed to it. the stone and wpg birch were separate. here is how i educate the client:" the price is too high? ok, fine, pay up then get someone else to do it next time, see if i give a crap!"

olderthandirt
08-27-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by chevyman1
$4500 or more? hahhaha, good one man...Like the others said $1200-1500 seems pretty good

Well ain't this something!!!!! You went from 100k a yr all the way to $1200-$1500 at least you must be figuring in paying for your insurence. or you and your bro still working without it? LMAO

Mac

Ability
08-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
so you suggest i tell them, "well mam, you see, my trimmers cost over $1,000 each, my chainsaws $300 each, i'll have to replace 2 chains after the job @ $15 each, etc?" yea right

I don't get that detailed. I just educate them as to the fact that there is more than meets the eye.

Cutters Lawn Care
08-27-2004, 05:41 PM
If you gave her your hourly rate and she agreed to it, there shouldn't have been any surprises when you were done.

bobbygedd
08-27-2004, 05:43 PM
well, i'd like to hang out with you little boys, but i'm going to the track. ahhh, the smell of cigars, and the sound of hoofbeats, that's livin my brother

CapnDean
08-27-2004, 05:47 PM
I guess that I missed the point of this post: Sorry Yall.

It sounds like the LCO quoted a price, the customer agreed to the price, the LCO did the work and then the customer was not happy with the price.

It doesn't really matter what ANY other lawnsite member would quote because the customer would probably dispute it afterwards.

Either that...or the LCO did a quicky/crappy job and the customer felt cheated.

Whichever the case may be, why worry about bidding (or justifying what you charged) after the fact?

GrassBustersLawn
08-27-2004, 06:15 PM
It is often a LOSE - LOSE situation.

I've bid jobs giving them a flat rate.
I've bid jobs giving them an hourly rate.
I've bid jobs giving them a range of rates.

AND I'VE ALWAYS had at least one person B!TCH later about it!

NO MATTER what method you give, there are going to be some people that don't appreciate/respect the work (or VALUE are TIME & EFFORT) we did and will think that we are RIPPING THEM OFF! Easy to handle them, NEVER WORK FOR THEM AGAIN!

The ones that REALLY BURN ME UP are the people that work for BIG COMPANIES. They have rush jobs and want you to drop everything and "COME DO IT". (No estimate needed or requested). THen when they get the bill, it is like you are taking it our of their POCKET. "Oh, I didn't have this amount budgeted....blah, blah, blah."

WELL, I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE BUDGETED! You hired me to do the job, I DID IT, NOW PAY ME!

I especially like the "KNOW IT ALLS" that say "I'm an avid gardener and I wouldn't do it like that"....or...."I've never seen it like that". WELL, THIS IS WHAT I DO FOR A LIVING, ALL WEEK LONG, ALL SEASON LONG. I maintain more lawns in a week then you do all year. I DO MORE in a YEAR then you do in a LIFETIME. So Mr./Ms. Know-It-All, when you become a professional at this and make your living doing it, come back and MAYBE we'll talk then!

OF COURSE, you know they are only doing this for 1 of 2 reasons:

To get us to CAVE on PRICE
OR
Cover their own AZZ with the boss!

I'm getting pretty hard core in dealing with customers. NOT QUITE like BOBBYGEDD, but I am FIRM on MY WORK & MY RATES. If they don't like it, they can go do it their Know-It-All selves!

Mike

Ken Kesey
08-27-2004, 07:01 PM
I tend to agree with CapnDean.

Again, here we are with a scrub that shocked his customer with a bill.

You did not communicate with your customer. You shocked her and she had no idea you were going to charge that much.

And you wonder why landscapers get a bad rap?

How often do you see this type of thread on this forum?

Cry, cry, cry…boo hoo genius. How many times do we have to read about someone not getting the money they want because they didn’t communicate with the customer?

What a skipping record.

*Sigh*

So how much did you rip off this lady for?

Obviously, still no contract is used with your company. At least ½ way through you should have updated her on the dollar amount.

Somewhere along the way in this particular job among others I’m sure, you must be thinking in the back of your mind how much the bill was up to and how much longer you had to go. But you didn’t bother to inform the customer.

If you got screwed out of money then you deserved it.

I bet you come back next week with the same old story.

Davis Lawn Mowing, LLC
08-27-2004, 07:08 PM
What the hell did you charge this person?

pjslawncare/landscap
08-27-2004, 08:54 PM
Free if she suppies the trimmer.

Refering to the "should have seen it comming" thread

olderthandirt
08-27-2004, 08:55 PM
He charged a little over 6k. The amount over 6 was for kleenex to dry his eyes after kenny boys total thrashing of his biz. After talking with him he said he was going to turn over a new leaf and run his biz just like ken boy recommended and the way he runs his. So Bobs getting ready to pucker up and kiss his customer azz and then bend over so he can get it stuck in and broke off just like kenny boy. He idolizes that girl

Mac

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 09:37 PM
Lame.

The thread, the originator, some of the responses.

Just plain Lame.

You're a kook scrub, BG.

dkeisala
08-27-2004, 09:37 PM
$6000? I can see why she felt taken advantage of. There is absolutely no way I would bill a customer for that kind of money without ever providing a bid. Want to protect yourself from going over the bid? Use a change order and revise it as you go along.

As for me asking a contractor for a bid - absolutely. The bid/estimating process is there for a reason, to keep everyone in the loop and honest.

I'm shocked.

NC LawnScapes
08-27-2004, 09:43 PM
Ok so I have read this whole thread and still cant find what you charged her......

But if it was me I would not have done this job for less than 2000

See I have insurance, pay taxes, and guarntee all of my work.

You did mention that you had to install a new B/B tree That alone would be between 4 and 5 hunderd depending on the cost of the tree

It is wasy to charge only 1200 guys if your not expecting to send 35% to uncle sam

olderthandirt
08-27-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by GeeVee
Lame.

Just plain Lame.

You're a kook scrub, BG.

And look who took the time to read the thread & all the responses
and then repond to them, now thats lame!
Sorry I call them like I see them also.

Mac

1MajorTom
08-27-2004, 10:02 PM
Stop GeeVee.
You told me you were going to be more discreet about this, but yet you keep coming on so strong where Bobby is concerned.
Just leave him alone please,
thank you

grasssin
08-27-2004, 10:24 PM
I would have not charged less than 2000 either, whoever would do it for $800 is either working for a twelve pack or likes not getting compensated for his work.

I have been getting away lately from striaght up bids, to estimates as well, and it has saved me a lot of heart ache.

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 10:35 PM
bobbygedd
*Millennium Member*

quote my job please
finished a trimming job last week. handed her the bill she fainted. said i'm "way over" what she thought it would be. here it is: 50 emerald green arbs 15 foot high. these needed to be topped down to 10 foot, then sqared off to create a neat hedge appearence. then trim 25 other pieces of shrubbery assorted species( holly, euonomous "gold and silver king", junipers, and yews, none of which required a ladder, none more than 4 ft high x 4 ft wide). re edge 150 foot of beds where stone had been, which makes getting a shovel in the ground near impossible. remove two huge clump birch stumps, planted right up against house, with electrical wiring all around it. all disposal in back woods. install 1.5 ton of stone(3/4"red), 1 yd of mulch, one weeping birch 5-6 ft range b&b. i know it's difficult without seeing, but based on this info, give me a ball park, best u can, thanx

////////////////////////////////////

Excuse me, naturally, Jodi, you are correct. Please accept my apology.

(Why some come right out and want to lick his greasy fingers, I don't know. Why others read his tales for entertainment, I can understand. Why others still, that point out his extremely poor customer service skills, in the interest of educating lurking new starts, get chastised, -but continue to do the right thing by putting up with the persecution, continue to do so, I don't know.)

While I don't bid. And certainly wouldn't estimate without a site visit. Not even imaginary think tank problems. I do have a comment that shouldn't be discounted. (Not after his rhetoric.)

In the first twenty two words of the post, (quoted above, in its entirety, for ease) he makes the fatal mistake.

It is apparent he did not relay a price for this job. He did not give the customer an idea of what the job was going to cost.

Poor business practice.

It could be any number of things. All of which sheds a poor light on our industry.

He wrote himself a blank check by not preparing the client.

He was/is incapable of estimating.

He knows the system, and flat out took advantage of someone.

It all adds up to poor customer service.

You wouldn't think of taking your vehicle to a dealer, and hand them a laundry list of things you want addressed, without having an idea of what the bill would be.

If you did, and the mech takes advantage of you, because he knows the system, you're going to faint too. But you wont do business with that mech again. In fact you may skip some other needed service sometime in the future, because you don't want to trust ANY mechanics.

I hope you like this response better. There's more, but I have to go find the reply post of his that is the typical BG BS. Whine, smile at the replies that validate his lame practices, then flame the replies that point out his borderline (?) deceptive pratices with details that he conviently leaves out of the starting post.

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 10:44 PM
bobbygedd
*Millennium Member*

no insult intended, but this "educating the customer" crap is stupid. why do i need to validate myself to anyone? when is the last time you asked another contractor for a quote, and he went into this big scene explaining WHY he has to charge you what he has to? why the explanation?

/////////////////////////////////////
i follow you, but it goes like this with me, only sometimes: i tell them that i can't quote them a price, but i can quote them an hourly price. this protects me from any unforseen stuff. you know, after trimming down half the arbs they say, "oh, can you take them down another foot or so?" and, have you ever tried to rip out a mature clump birch stump, completely? on this job i thought it was in my best interest to quote an hourly rate, and the client agreed to it. the stone and wpg birch were separate. here is how i educate the client:" the price is too high? ok, fine, pay up then get someone else to do it next time, see if i give a crap!"

Uh, Hello?

We're not dealing with another contractor.

You flat out ripped this client off.........

Look. I don't make apologies for what I charge, and no one else here providing a service should either. But you ought not claim to be a pro when you are surprising clients with bills that are obviously higher than they anticipated.

Can anyone disagree with my two posts above?

Ken Kesey
08-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Can't disagree, GeeVee.

He brings the misery on himself and then comes here to whine and vent.

Wonder why he has so many problems with customers and getting paid???

Bobby should be a lesson to all you folks out there that don’t tell a customer what it's going to cost before you do the work and then something goes wrong and you don't get paid.

Don't be a Bobby or you'll end up broke and a joke.

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 10:51 PM
Cutters Lawn Care

If you gave her your hourly rate and she agreed to it, there shouldn't have been any surprises when you were done.

////////////////

Just a quick q for Cutters.

How would one know what to expect- other than the work may get done, but at what cost?

For the good of the industry, we should help the customer save them from themselves, by informing them to a certain degree. Certainly, Bob There's- a-sucker-born-every-minute Gedd will not get repeat business from this person, only because of his customer service. His work may have been jam up perfect. Horticulturally correct pruning, careful installations, appropriate applications.

All for nothing.

HOOLIE
08-27-2004, 10:54 PM
Any chance of seeing Bobby and GeeVee on "Celebrity Boxing" (Special LawnSite Edition). Or maybe on pay-per-view ($49.95, call your local cable provider)

fcl01
08-27-2004, 10:56 PM
talk about venting:D

fcl01
08-27-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by HOOLIE
Any chance of seeing Bobby and GeeVee on "Celebrity Boxing" (Special LawnSite Edition). Or maybe on pay-per-view ($49.95, call your local cable provider)

I'd pay to see it

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 11:00 PM
I come to share what I do know, and to learn something too. Not vent.

You're new aren't you?

fcl01
08-27-2004, 11:03 PM
nope, i call it like i see it. Sorry

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 11:06 PM
Too Funny Junior. Throw a few emoticons around to compensate for your lack of understanding of the language.

dkeisala
08-27-2004, 11:08 PM
Leave it to Bobby to start what turns out to be a huge thread. He sure knows how to kick up some dust.

I agree with GeeVee 100% on everything he has posted in this thread. The automotive mechanic analogy was right on the money. I couldn't have said it better myself.

What Bobby did was robbery disquised as service.

Of course, this all could be some sort of embellishment or fabrication. Perhaps he's a narcissist. Maybe he posts these threads to see how much attention he can garner, walks away then comes back to Lawnsite to revel in his work?

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 11:12 PM
Well, it does help to have these kinds of discussions/ arguments here. There are so many people lurking and learning........

One of the biggest reasons I play his threads- to counter his poor skills being diseminated to folks that don't know better.

(Thanks Ken and Dkeisala)

Turf Medic
08-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Lame.

Just plain Lame.

You're a kook scrub, BG.

12. You are not permitted to harass other members at LawnSite.com. This includes offensive remarks or remarks that attempt to provoke another member. Sarcastic baiting is also not permitted. If you disagree with someone, state why, but do not resort to name calling, threats, etc…

I still don't understand how GeeVee is allowed to once again bend/break the rules here.

I don't think educating a customer should include detailing your costs ie mower price, trimmer price, insurance, etc. When your equipment is all paid for will you be lowering prices? You give an estimate and an estimate is just that, that is where you need to educate the customer. Make sure you are in agreement what an estimate is.

If you are not sure how long it is going to take, you bid high, you give a maximum that it will cost and you live with your mistakes. You detail what you are going to do for that maximum, you don't make any changes in the plan unless you explain it will raise the maximum amount, and you handle each change seperately, you put it on an additional page of the estimate with the customers initials.

Some customers are always going to be a pain, just part of business, if you had done the job for half, she may have complained.

matthew horner
08-27-2004, 11:15 PM
OK.

Kenny, older than dirt, and geevee,

I 100% absolutely agree with your side on this. Bobby is constantly doing this kind of crap, and most of the people on lawnsite grin wide open and just say "that felt good, do it again". They have missed the point that this is a learning site.

I want to puke when I see an interesting thread title and then see that Bobby originated it. I never learn anything from him.

He's prob a decent guy, I just wish he had a hobby besides typing posts to this site.

matt

fcl01
08-27-2004, 11:16 PM
Too Funny Junior. Throw a few emoticons around to compensate for your lack of understanding of the language.

Oh i understand your language. As a matter of fact, read my earlier posts on this thread and your blind old azz might see that i didnt agree with bobby either. I actually agreed with you a little. but i wasnt out to get anybody like you. And i may be a "junior" but i only acted childish after you ran your mouth at me.

Turf Medic
08-27-2004, 11:17 PM
Well, it does help to have these kinds of discussions/ arguments here. There are so many people lurking and learning........

One of the biggest reasons I play his threads- to counter his poor skills being diseminated to folks that don't know better.

(Thanks Ken and Dkeisala)

12. You are not permitted to harass other members at LawnSite.com. This includes offensive remarks or remarks that attempt to provoke another member. Sarcastic baiting is also not permitted. If you disagree with someone, state why, but do not resort to name calling, threats, etc…

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Medic- certainly Bobby Gedd does the same to me? Should I dig up the examples or will you let people decide for themselves?

I still don't understand how Bobby Gedd is allowed to once again bend/break the rules here.

Sounds kind of childish to me........

matthew horner
08-27-2004, 11:19 PM
Turf medic,

I did all of that stuff to you in High School..................remember?????

loljk

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 11:25 PM
fcl-

I see now I offended you without provocation.

I was wrong and I apologize.

1MajorTom
08-27-2004, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by matthew horner
OK.

Kenny, older than dirt, and geevee,
I 100% absolutely agree with your side on this.

Olderthandirt does not agree with geevee about this.

olderthandirt
08-27-2004, 11:28 PM
I come to share what I do know, and to learn something too. Not vent.

You're new aren't you?

I'm not new here and I'm not your jr. and I sure don't need any BS info about how to run a biz from some wanna be scaper. You want to educate the world on the practice of business should of been a professor at a university. But you come on LS spewing your BS on how a lco should be run. How long you been in the business what part of it are you in, or just an expert at everything pertaining to the green industry. NOw where does it say on his thread what he charged? could be a lousy $10 and the ol lady thought it outrageous But you would know all that from reading the thread and all the post as you stated or a little more BS jr. If you come to learn, then learn to read.

And I call them like I see them also, so sorry.

Mac

Turf Medic
08-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Medic- certainly Bobby Gedd does the same to me? Should I dig up the examples or will you let people decide for themselves?

I still don't understand how Bobby Gedd is allowed to once again bend/break the rules here.

Sounds kind of childish to me........

You could very well be correct, may be bobby started the battle between you and he, I have yet to notice bobby taking the first shot, but I may have missed it. Somewhere the crap has to stop, maybe with you and maybe with him, but one of you needs to grow up a bit.

I do believe that a lot of bobby's posts are bs, however if you fall somewhere in the middle in the way you handle customers you just might be able to make a decent living. You can't walk all over your customers as bobby suggests yet you can't be walked over by your customers as some other members suggest. One bright light about bobby's posts if he can make it in a customer service industry anybody can.

As far as this thread goes, I may have missed it but did bobby post how much he charged, or just that the customer was upset with the pricing. What I read was he gave her an approximate cost and she was not happy with it. As far as your mechanic analogy, I used to mechanic, we would give an estimate based on book flat rate, fairly easy to tell if a mechanic is ripping someone off. I may have missed it on Amazon, but I have yet to find a flat rate book for lawncare. Even with the flat rate book and the estimate wrote out, some customers would freak and say "I didn't think it would be that much" , it was just a little overhaul

HOOLIE
08-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Its just bad customer relations to not give a price, or at least a rough estimate. When someone pays $30 to have their lawn cut, they don't stop and think that the $30 is just a small chunk of what you make in a day. So when you find yourself doing a job for them that takes a whole day or two or three, they probably don't have a clue as to how much money you're looking to make on that job. I'd rather get paid than have major problems getting paid.

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Medic-

The half of the post you were on subject with is great, folks need to see that. Just because someone we know doesn't choose to do business that way (the right way) doesn't mean Im wrong for pointing it out, does it.

This is a big cruel world. I aint sanitizing NOTHING. No sugar coating, political correctness is for sheep.

We are on the internet, not the religious channel.

Turf Medic
08-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Medic-

The half of the post you were on subject with is great, folks need to see that. Just because someone we know doesn't choose to do business that way (the right way) doesn't mean Im wrong for pointing it out, does it.

This is a big cruel world. I aint sanitizing NOTHING. No sugar coating, political correctness is for sheep.

We are on the internet, not the religious channel.

Last post on this, the only problem I have with your input, is no matter where the thread is going, once YOU see bobby is involved it turns to crap, you seem to be of the opinion that nothing can be learned if bobby has any input. JMO

dkeisala
08-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Turf Medic
Last post on this, the only problem I have with your input, is no matter where the thread is going, once YOU see bobby is involved it turns to crap, you seem to be of the opinion that nothing can be learned if bobby has any input. JMO Come on people, you have to admit that Bobby does seem to use LS more for entertainment than enrichment.

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 11:37 PM
Medic-

we replied at the same time.

You are correct. I will elaborate on your comment. Service providers must know how treat the client fairly first, then them walking all over you wont be happening. I doubt that train go in the other direction.

(No, as far as I can read, he did not relay a figure. Nor did he attempt to prepare the client for what it MAY cost, so they could lay a cap budget NTE)

I'm good to go, You?

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 11:39 PM
No Medic,

Exactly opposite. If he posts, and someone like me or you post, there is something to learned, then.

Unless you want folks to learn the opposite of ethics, morals, and fair trade?

olderthandirt
08-27-2004, 11:40 PM
Still waiting for the great gee vee to point out where it says how much he charged? That reading must be harder than running the whole green industry the correct way. LMAO

And I'm still calling them the way I see them

Mac

matthew horner
08-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Ok, I see that now. sorry. I agree with turf medic and geevee then.
Matt

GeeVee
08-28-2004, 12:02 AM
I'm confused Mac.

He does not relay what he charged. I do not know.

I am not intimating he charged her too much or too little- I am saying he should not have had a surprised customer on his hands.

Or am I still not able to answer your question? Is that what you thought my replies were about? That he over charged?

bobbygedd
08-28-2004, 12:06 AM
i quoted her an hourly rate, and stated that i DON'T KNOW how long it will take. i got paid just fine, never worry about that. once again gee vee, if i need information on cleaning public urinals, i'll ask you for it. when i need advice on lawn service matters, i prefer to ask someone who has succeeded in the business. now, if you havn't noticed, i've been a nice guy and said nothing to you for quite sometime. i'll tell you for the last time, stop fking with me, and i am not ASKING you, i'm TELLING you. now go clean the toilets, and remember, you have to clean under the seats too.

GeeVee
08-28-2004, 12:12 AM
All of my businesses are successes. Much larger, and certainly more profitable than you and yours.

You couldn't TELL me your name and I'd believe it.

You could ASK me anything, you may even get it.

But you TELLING me anything? I'm smarter than you.

Go cry to someone else.

bobbygedd
08-28-2004, 12:15 AM
if i'm such a loser, why do u follow me, and reply numerous times to ALL OF MY THREADS? HOW MANY urinals did u clean today?

fcl01
08-28-2004, 12:20 AM
Its none of my business GeeVee but like i told you earlier, you cant win.

GeeVee
08-28-2004, 12:28 AM
FCL- If you say you can't, it must be true. If you say you can, you will.

olderthandirt
08-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Your confused becoase you have a closed mind, I asked a simple question and you still have not awnsered it where did he say what he was charging in his original thread?

Mac

GeeVee
08-28-2004, 12:29 AM
You can't even stick to your word........

Put me back on IGNORE, Stupid.

olderthandirt
08-28-2004, 12:30 AM
FCL- If you say you can't, it must be true. If you say you can, you will.

then say you will and awnser my ?

bobbygedd
08-28-2004, 12:30 AM
stupid huh, ok jack ass, say goodbye, one of us will not be able to sign on to this sight tommorow