PDA

View Full Version : Dad passed away.. miss him alot.. big shoes to fill.

Canadian GreenScape
08-27-2004, 03:34 PM
Just under 2 weeks ago my Dad passed away of complications from brain cancer and is home in heaven with his saviour. He was supposed to start his cancer treatments the day he died.. out of the blue he developed blood clots and was gone in a matter of hours. I was able to spend a few good hours with him before he became unable to respond. I thanked him for being such a good Dad and amazing man to look up to. We talked about the times we spent together fishing and working even though he was in alot of pain. He started me in this business, bought me my first ride on and my first trailer and used to motivate me every day to go out and drum up business. (I was 15) He never raised his voice, he never complained even though he worked alot of hours to give us what we have, he always said "I love you" when I left, and taught me so many other things in life. He left a big hole in my life and hes greatly missed. I found out at the funeral that he inspired so many young guys at work too (he was a welder who travelled shutdowns the last few years) A great man, Im proud he was my Dad :)

packerbacker
08-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Sorry to hear about your dad, its tough losing your hero.

Green Dreams
08-27-2004, 03:38 PM
God Bless you and yours in this difficult time....Drew

Tharrell
08-27-2004, 03:44 PM
He's still with you. You'll hear him talking to you the rest of your life, at least that's been my experience.

rdran5
08-27-2004, 04:25 PM
God bless you and your family, Nowadays men like your father are not common. Cherish his memorey and pass it to your children. Take care brother.

CJ GreenScapes
08-27-2004, 04:26 PM
I am sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers.

rott_dobe
08-27-2004, 04:30 PM
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. You and your family will be in our prayers also.

MMLawn
08-27-2004, 04:34 PM
God Bless you and your family and my prayers will be with you. As my own dad was and is a bum interested only in himself and left us when I was only 1 year old and has never ever been there for me it really means alot when I read about guys that had such a wonderful relationship with their dad and I try hard everyday to be that kind of dad to my child and I'm sure your dad knew how you felt and also felt you deep love of him.

LASTEC
08-27-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss you will be in my prayers. Me and my farther worked together in our mowing bis. for years. The things you can learn from your father, boy mine taught me a lot, and now as i continue in the green industry working in research and development for one of the most in innovative ZTR manufactures in the world i can look back and thank my father.

travis55
08-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Very sorry to hear that. Our prayers are with you.

jsmonroeCT
08-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. Your father is still with you in a way that can not be explained. May the lord bless you and your family in the time.

MOturkey
08-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I lost my Dad over 30 years ago, and my Mom just a few years later, but I still think of them almost every day. Be happy for the good times you spent together. Neill

LLandscaping
08-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

iluvbermuda
08-27-2004, 11:24 PM
I am sure sorry to hear of your loss. I can feel your pain. I lost my Mom May, 10. I will never get over it. God, do I hurt daily. Lord be with you and your family.

printer88
08-28-2004, 12:20 AM
God bless you and your family.Keep looking to Jesus and he will ease your pain.I lost my Brother/best friend/boss on May 18.Be thankful that your dad went on to glory before any treatments.My brother had surgery to remove his tumor,that was followed by vigorous chemo and then radiation.It made him so sick.The cancer still came back though.I have a hard time trying to fill his shoes,but I know he is still with me and that I will see him again on wonderful day.Talking to him is what gets me through life.He was only 34 yrs. old.My big brother was the hardest working man I ever knew.I am thankful he was saved and is now with the Lord .But I still hurt so much without him.

ADLAWNCUTTERS
08-28-2004, 01:16 AM
Im sorry for your loss,from the photo he looks like he was not afraid to get dirty he must of been a hard worker. ill say a prayer for you and your family.

big tim afm
08-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Sorry to hear about you father...god bless

Expert Lawns
08-28-2004, 01:20 PM
you are blessed to have a man like that in your life and to leave a lasting impression on you

fga
08-28-2004, 03:20 PM
sorry to hear about your loss...

CamLand
08-28-2004, 03:26 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss,my dad passed away a year ago this coming week and i know how the pain is your feeling...

pjslawncare/landscap
08-28-2004, 06:13 PM
He still lives in your heart. Sounds like the two of u had a great relationship together and the both of u shared precious time together. You are so blessed to have this. I know first hand of your sense of loss. You will miss talking with him, but he still lives within U.

FatherandSon
08-29-2004, 09:09 AM
Your father was a lucky man to have such a reltionship and respect from his son. I lost my son 11 weeks ago today and I too miss him so much. We also had a great relationship and that I will hold on too forever and ever. We were partners and best friends. You are so fortunate to have had such a wonderful Dad, I am sure he will continue to watch over you.

My deepest sympathy, I know it hurts,

fordsrule
08-29-2004, 09:16 AM
Im sorry to hear about your dad.

dont know what else to say.

HighGrass
08-29-2004, 10:32 AM
He's still around. You can be sure of it.

jphag
08-30-2004, 11:09 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your father. I recently lost my dad. Oct 14 02 my dad went on a duck hunting trip and he and another guy tipped their boat and both died of hypothermia. Nobdy was around to help them out. I miss my dad greatly and the worst thing about it is he was only 65 and retired 6 months prior. You are in my prayers and stay strong.

John

mowjoeman
08-31-2004, 12:03 AM
very sorry to hear about your dad, in time you will realize he did much more than you could ever known. I never new my dad but at the age of 40 I had a chance to meet him, I found him and lost him all over again. He turned out to be looking for a meal ticket and he was in better shape than I was! I, disabled as well as going through a divorce with a women who I adored . I will over come and strive to be the man I wanted my dad to be. you have experienced the best life has to offer God Bless and keep you.