Toro 60" rider 30 hrs
Hustler 60" 27 kohler 200+ hrs
Ferris 52" 17 Kaw (older hydro)

two T260s
one T230
one T261

two Redmax 7001s
Redmax 7000

20' Load trail trailer with ez gate, trimmer racks.

2001 Silverado Red vandalized 5k+ in damage

2002 Silverado HD stolen with a sh*% load of tools in it.

Serial #s will be posted soon

amar
08-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Stolen on 8/24/04 in the early AM

QualityLawnCare4u
08-27-2004, 05:50 PM
amar, that sux!! Did you have insurance?

amar
08-27-2004, 06:09 PM
Yes, Citizens I was informed that they are fair on what they pay out. Around 35K in lawn equipment tools have been taken. plus the trucks

walker-talker
08-27-2004, 06:18 PM
I am sorry to hear about that, hope it all works out for you.

Lawn-Scapes
08-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Sorry to hear about this. Hope the f'ers get caught!

Where and when did it happen? Noone heard or saw anything?

alpine692003
08-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Enclosed trailer and you left it outside?

I never leave anything outside anymore, after hearing the horror stories from you guys.

I always, always, always take the extra 5-10mins with my guys unloading all the equipment into my garage. The only stuff I leave outside are the brooms, rakes and shovels.

All the power equipment gets stored in the garage..

pjslawncare/landscap
08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
So Sorry about your equipment loss to theives. Glad u have insurance. Hope they catch the wirthless bumbs

Albemarle Lawn
08-27-2004, 09:27 PM
That sounds like a huge theft to recover from.

Thank God you are insured for the equipment, we hope you can keep up with your responsibilities to the customers

BTW....today on the news in Maryland I heard a guy got 14 years for shooting and killing a punk who was armed with a gun and trying to steal his car. There were 4 punks in his car, and he only eliminated the one with the gun....and he gets 14 years in jail.

I THINK HE SHOULD GET A MEDAL, AND A BIGGER GUN, WITH ORDERS TO EXTERMINATE MORE THIEVES!!!!

What is wrong with our prosecutors anyway? What happened to the second amendment and the right to bear arms and protect one's life and property? The prosectors jail a man and call him a vigilante when he was simply defending his life and property. What happened to "All Cattle Poachers Will Be Shot On Sight?"

If these punk-stealing pond-scum thought they had a high likelihood of getting lead poisoning they might not steal a man's work tools. But they know that if they get caught they get bonded out and basically get away with it.

KB

rodfather
08-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Christ that is a lot of stuff to lose...hope they rot in hell for doing that to ya.

1MajorTom
08-27-2004, 10:08 PM
That's terrible to hear. I wish you the best, hope you can recover from this quickly.

beransfixitinc
08-27-2004, 10:25 PM
Man, the lawncare business area must be pretty bad when you gotta start putting a "low-Jack" on your trailer, and hidden somewhere on your landscaping mowers........ Hmm.... I don't have the time or money to invent and patent something like this, so, if somebody wants to invent a small, affordable, unit like this, be my guest. Would probably lower theft insurance rates on you guys a little.

amar
08-27-2004, 11:06 PM
I have to thank my local mower shops
Larrys Mower shop and
Mainard Battery
both in Ann Arbor
who have equiped me with a quickness.

I have one hell of a crew. We managed to finnish up our week on time by splitting up the list .

RedWingsDet
08-28-2004, 08:58 AM
that tottally sucks, just remember, what goes around comes around. those theives will get there day!

wheeling22
08-28-2004, 07:51 PM
Amar,
Do you have a middle eastern last name ? I am not trying to be a jerk ( I do that well enough) Could this have been someone trying to prove a point ?

Trevors Lawn Care
08-28-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by wheeling22
Amar,
Do you have a middle eastern last name ? I am not trying to be a jerk ( I do that well enough) Could this have been someone trying to prove a point ?

i dont know if this was an appropreite comment for this. I have made a few myself in the past, but this one is un called for.

Amar, i would look closely at past employees, so called friends, relatives, neighbors, even anyone on the local P.D that may have a side business.

This was to big of a job and to much at risk to have just decided to do it on the spot while high on coke. I am telling you, which you prolly know, it was planned.

They knew where to get rid of the mowers, they knew a place to dump the truck/trailer, or get it re-painted immediatly after.

Trevor

Itsgottobegreen
08-28-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by beransfixitinc
Man, the lawncare business area must be pretty bad when you gotta start putting a "low-Jack" on your trailer, and hidden somewhere on your landscaping mowers........ Hmm.... I don't have the time or money to invent and patent something like this, so, if somebody wants to invent a small, affordable, unit like this, be my guest. Would probably lower theft insurance rates on you guys a little.

Way ahead of you on that one. I thought of that 4 years ago. But everyone I talked to told me that it was a stupid idea. I am not good with electronics so I haven't got a clue on how to build one myself. Maybe now its not such a stupid idea.

qualitylandscaping
08-28-2004, 11:18 PM
does anyone make some kind of tracking device that could be mounted to a trailer??

I think it would be a good investment when I get my new enclosed.. Don't want someone to steal a customized $11,000 trailer, even though it will be insured.

Sorry to hear about your loss Amar

Kelly's Landscaping
08-28-2004, 11:26 PM
The big question after your violated like this how do you park your stuff there again with out constantly wondering if tonights the night they take it all again. I don't like working out of my tight garage but I do like skeeping over all my mowers with my shot gun in the closet.

HOOLIE
08-28-2004, 11:29 PM
GPS systems are pricey, but that's always one option. I have to agree with Trevor, a heist of that magnitude was not a spur of the moment thing. Probably the crooks were watching you for some time. Probably someone who lives/works in the immediate area. Good luck, maybe all your stolen stuff will break down on them.

MJD75
08-29-2004, 02:06 AM
it's a sad thing, hopefully with good insurance you may be able to get ahead of the game with your claim..good luck

trying 2b organic
08-29-2004, 02:23 AM
If he lost his trucks too he likely had a garage space in an industrial area. Most guys I know who have that leave a dog overnight. Sorry you got robbed you did amazing not to get behind.

moneyman
08-29-2004, 07:54 AM
My advice also if you want to catch these bums is look in the local flea markets and classifieds in your town and within the next closet state, your items and there butts will show up.

steve122
08-29-2004, 08:39 AM
small hidden GPS systems that report in real time and can be tracked on the internet can be had for about $800 and a monthly fee of 35 or so. I looked into it for tracking crews during they day to see if they were straying (some of them were having a hard time completing there route and shouldn't have had any trouble). I decided it was easier and better for my peace of mind to fire people and downsize. I still wish I had it once in a while. The unit I was looking at was for private investigators, small and magnetized and movable from vehicle to vehicle with no wiring.