PDA

View Full Version : You know you worked a good hard day when....

tiedeman
08-27-2004, 06:25 PM
You know that you worked a good hard day and put in a good hard days work when....

You come home at night take a shower, and the dirt just rolls off you and the bottom of the shower is just black with the amount of dirt that is there

JCKL
08-27-2004, 06:30 PM
Yep those are good days..

JB1
08-27-2004, 06:33 PM
or a six pack disapears too fast.

C&S Services
08-27-2004, 06:35 PM
The hardest day for me was mowing several accounts in the rain, I got home pulled off my shoes, the wet grass clippings had soaked thru my boots and into my socks and turned my toes green. Another day we spread 10 yards of hemlock mulch in 90 degree pure sun shine. Had bark mulch tan line from top of my socks to the bottom of my shorts.

Rhett
08-27-2004, 06:41 PM
You get home and the wife turns her nose up at you. The dogs do not have anything to do with you. End up stripping on the back porch and striaght into the shower. Then you catch heck for bringing all of the grass clippings with you.

DennisF
08-27-2004, 08:06 PM
When your T-shirt goes "plop" when you toss it in the laundry tub.

locutus
08-27-2004, 08:25 PM
When you close the truck door on your scrotal sack.

pjslawncare/landscap
08-27-2004, 08:36 PM
Whe your azz is draggin ten foot behind you

locutus
08-27-2004, 08:39 PM
pjs, I think you violated some sort of Lawnsite rule with that pic as well as my ability to retain my gastric contents. LOL

pjslawncare/landscap
08-27-2004, 08:41 PM
Sorry Locutis, It was a little strong :o

grassyfras
08-27-2004, 08:55 PM
That **** is funny right their

rodfather
08-27-2004, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Rhett
You get home and the wife turns her nose up at you. The dogs do not have anything to do with you. End up stripping on the back porch and striaght into the shower. Then you catch heck for bringing all of the grass clippings with you.

Been there, done that...good one Rhett. I catch S*** instead...LOL

fcl01
08-27-2004, 09:23 PM
got a guy that rarely showers and i know ive worked too hard when i cant smell him anymore

impactlandscaping
08-27-2004, 10:44 PM
when...you get home at 6-7PM, and go straight to bed...(I usually stay up until 2-3AM):D

when...you would rather throw your t shirt away rather than wash it...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I liked the one about the T shirt going "plop"..mine made a rather large "thud" tonight. Humid as all get out here today, couldn't drink the powerade and water fast enough.

GeeVee
08-27-2004, 10:58 PM
When you left the house with two nickles in your pocket and you came home with three.

When yer too tired to f the dog and kick the ol lady?

When you didn't quite make it into the house? (Heat stoke, twice)

RBP
08-28-2004, 12:23 AM
When it's almost dark out and I am still working.

JBird
08-28-2004, 02:34 AM
"Then you catch heck for bringing all of the grass clippings (inside) with you."

I always catch the blues for that from my wife.
I hate the wind, I would rather mow in a downpour. Everything goes in your eyes I don't care what you wear. You wake up the next morning with your eyes matted shut. That, my friend bites the big one.

Precision
08-28-2004, 07:19 AM
When you threw 10 pallets of sod solo in Florida in August.

That was my Wednesday. 10:30 to 6:30. But hey I got PAID. And I slept like the dead.

Expert Lawns
08-28-2004, 01:33 PM
when you refuse to back the trailer into the garage and unhook it. instead you end up doing it after dinner and after a shower in the dark and knocking over everything in site.

your socks look like a cucumber.....

you'd rather sleep in your truck than walk inside to bed....

you'd rather back into your dads tree
tree killer

tiedeman
08-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Expert Lawns
tree killer

Caught ya again!!!
tree hugger:D

Expert Lawns
08-28-2004, 02:55 PM
tiedeman, any rain up there lately? we're getting dumped on down here

dcondon
08-28-2004, 04:07 PM
tree killer [/B][/QUOTE]

LMAO :D

tiedeman
08-28-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Expert Lawns
tiedeman, any rain up there lately? we're getting dumped on down here

yup, the last three days have been great. Lots of rain

impactlandscaping
08-28-2004, 04:26 PM
When you have to come home to change clothes half way thru the day..(doin' it now, whew, the humidity is killer here the last two days..)

GrassBustersLawn
08-28-2004, 04:33 PM
PJ

I'm going to send you the bill to have that picture removed from my mind! I think it will cost about $100 in $1 bills down at the local strip club. YUCK!

Mike

pjslawncare/landscap
08-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by GrassBustersLawn
PJ

I'm going to send you the bill to have that picture removed from my mind! I think it will cost about $100 in $1 bills down at the local strip club. YUCK!

Mike
Just make shure u call ahead to see which stripper is working, the one in the pictures name is Tiny Tina. As u can see, she has a lot of places to tuck

dcondon
09-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by tiedeman
You know that you worked a good hard day and put in a good hard days work when....

You come home at night take a shower, and the dirt just rolls off you and the bottom of the shower is just black with the amount of dirt that is there

Happened today Troy, we worked 10 hrs and it wasn't fun........ Going to take 3 days off now and relax:)

Liberty Lawncare
09-03-2004, 08:01 PM
you worked a hard day when you cant out run PJ's shower girl(hippopotamus):D

coastallandscapesolutions
09-04-2004, 09:38 AM
When in rain, you can throw a rooster tail off your rear tires ahead of your ZTR while cutting a straight line.

What better way to keep a straight line :-)

Remsen1
09-04-2004, 06:40 PM
When you take your clothes off and they put themselves in the laundry.

But seriously... how bout when you you're not even dirty and didn't break a sweat and have a big check in your wallet to show for it :)

burnandreturn
09-04-2004, 09:30 PM
The one about the clothes being to dirty to bother washing........that was me today. Made the mistake to stop by a friend of mine and he had a problem with his big compressor and asked me to take a look at it, big mistake. Had to rebuild the whole governor system.........good part, his wife just made a big red velvet cake and came out with a big piece for me in a container. Told me not to let it sit in hot truck too long. ha.. That cake didn't survive till I got out his driveway.

writon
09-10-2004, 08:59 AM
or a six pack disapears too fast.
Now thats more like it.

lawnmowingboys
09-10-2004, 05:35 PM
When you pass by the 6 packs for a 12 pack and your wife asks, "Why do you need all that beer?"

I answered, "I'm hot, dirty, and Miller Lite tastes better than ZIMA.

jbell113
09-10-2004, 06:46 PM

I hose off what I can and jump in my swimming pool of course I have to listen to my wife complain when she has to back wash the pool filter once a day LOL

jgc8fan
09-10-2004, 06:55 PM
When you leave in the morning in a Ram 3500 with a trailer full of equipment, and you return home halfway through the day on foot. Truck broke a ball joint today, and just made it to the shop, and got the equipment stowed and then we wound up walking 2 miles to my house. :( At least it was a friday, but we still have a few accounts to make up from Frances, so looks like C & J will be mowing on sunday.

impactlandscaping
09-10-2004, 08:51 PM
....when you are so behind from the weather that you forgot to eat breakfast lunch and dinner.No wonder I'm so hungry..still gotta shower before we can go eat..what a day. :D