PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Chick

Lawn-Scapes
08-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Took my daughter to work today. I needed the help and she needed the money :)

Here she is in action.. She's such a great worker & kid!

Lawn-Scapes
08-27-2004, 08:21 PM

Lawn-Scapes
08-27-2004, 08:22 PM

Lawn-Scapes
08-27-2004, 08:23 PM

Lawn-Scapes
08-27-2004, 08:26 PM

pjslawncare/landscap
08-27-2004, 08:48 PM
Couldnt have worked her too hard, she aint a bit dirty! just kiddin, looks like U had some good help today

dvmcmrhp52
08-27-2004, 08:58 PM
Good for you.
It's nice to see a daughter or son helping out, especially a daughter.
I can only wish.....................My daughters would never.............

rodfather
08-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Nice Tom...and I bet it's nice being with her too during the day seeing what you do for a living.

ProStreetCamaro
08-27-2004, 09:50 PM
What part of maryland are you located in? I am in montgomery county.

impactlandscaping
08-27-2004, 10:37 PM
Tom, that's great, man. Most kids her age are too busy to even spend any time with Mom or Dad, let alone WORK with them. You've got a great girl. Congrats! I have about ten more years before my little girl will be able to help 'ol dad:p

printer88
08-28-2004, 12:39 AM
My stepdaughter is 17 and I don't think she could sit on a rider,cause she always has the phone stuck up her but!!!

matthew horner
08-28-2004, 12:50 AM
Hey, do you have a roller on that mower? those are great stripes.
Matt

Lawn-Scapes
08-28-2004, 01:09 AM
pj.. how dirty would you be if all you did was mow all day (which is all I expected) :)

She did pull a few weeds and used the PB650 a couple of times.

Oh yeh.. she used the 22" Toro on a back yard too. She did more than expected... which is usually the case were her :D

Rod, It is nice. She puts a smile on my face and makes me laugh at times. She's really a goofball. She said.. "I can't believe you do all this by yourself. You need a helper!"

Dave & impact.. thanks for comments.

ProStreet... Carroll

Matt.. no roller or stripe kit. Thanks

Lawn-Scapes
08-28-2004, 01:15 AM
Here she is with the 650..

HOOLIE
08-29-2004, 12:07 AM
Just wanted to get this thread back on top one more time. Its the feel-good thread of the day. This is why I always look to hire females. Hard to find, but they have a good eye for detail and work hard.

BTW, send my compliments to your daughter. Nice job.

work_it
08-29-2004, 12:55 AM
You better hire her before somebody else does. Seriously though, I think it's simply awesome to see your daughter so willing to help you as well as take an interest in what you do. Not only does it show that your daughter has a good head on her shoulders and is going to go places in life, but it also shows that you're an excellent father who takes a lot of pride in his daughers accomplishments. You both just earned the big 2 thumbs up.

Steve1
08-29-2004, 06:32 AM
Definitely a nice thread. Congrats on having such a great relationship with your daughter.

It definitely put a smile on my face when I read this thread.

FrankenScagMachines
08-29-2004, 08:06 AM
She does great work with that Dixie, how did you get her trained to be that good? Most people that jump on a Z with no prior experience can't even control the thing let alone turn properly and follow or create stripes. Don't think of letting them on a hill either!! so good for you two that you can work together like that, thats great.

Now, i don't know about that first pic, did you double cut after the pic was taken or did you just leave all those clippings there?

walk behind
08-29-2004, 09:01 AM
Glad to see your daughter helping you out. So many kids avoid wanting anything to do with their parents these days. It makes a big difference that they WANT to help versus they HAVE to help too!.

This may be another thread, but how many women read the lawnsite commercial lawn care forum?

Patrick.B
08-29-2004, 09:31 AM
WOW !!! i'd have a step Daughter and she 15 year old ...she would never help me lol........she don't even help her mom around the house ,,anyway ...great to hear your daughter helping you and keep up the good work ........

Expert Lawns
08-29-2004, 02:06 PM
how old is she? looks tiny on that dixie. if she made those stripes, then she's a keeper.......full time employee

Lawn-Scapes
08-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words. She is 16 and tall enough to look me in the eye (I don't know where the years went). She worked with me part time last year and handling the ZTR came naturally... however she does not like to do hills.. so I do them. She didn't work with me this year as much as last.. only when I needed help.. she was there.

As great as a worker that she is... Not that she couldn't handle it... I would not want to subject her to this work on a daily basis.

Now, i don't know about that first pic, did you double cut after the pic was taken or did you just leave all those clippings there?
C'mon now... she's a professional. :rolleyes: