PDA

View Full Version : Dear Customer

Mikes Lawn Landscape
08-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Dear Customer,

I wanted to take this oppotunity to give you a few pointers on how to handle a Professional Lawn Care Provider.

Don't:
1. Ask for a price over the phone
2. Tell us your calling everbody in the YP
3. Ask how much we make (We ain't gonna tell ya)
4. Tell us how to do our job
5. Tell us the guy who used to mow for ya did it part time and the reason your calling us is his homeowner mower broke.
6. Tell us the last guy did it for $15.00 we don't care (If he was so cheap why are you calling us have him do it)
7. Think we will Be On Call for ya
8. Ask us to use your equipment
9. Ask us why your price is $45 when your grandson did it for $10.00
10 Call and complain because we missed one weed way back at the back of the property where the tree branches drag the ground
11 Call at 10:00 am on Saturday asking for a one time mow that day because your having a party

Do:
1. Expect couteous professional service in a timely manner
2. Communicate any concerns you have we want to provide a quality service at a reasonable price
3. Get 1 or 2 others bids if your uncomfortable with our price.
4. Pay your bill in a timely manner
5. Call us if your having work done on your home the day we service your property.

I figure you guys will have some things to add to this

bobbygedd
08-28-2004, 08:30 AM
you know what mike, i did a similar letter a couple years back, it was titled, " choosing a lawn service", it included many of the things you listed, as well as #1- ask for proof of insurence. #2-ask for proof of chemical license. #3-ask for references. there are certain things that seemed to really turn a potential client off. one was my "$20 cash reward for referrel" letters, the other was my " choosing a lawn service" letter. and i never figured out why