PDA

View Full Version : Marketing this service...

allstar
08-28-2004, 11:12 AM
My partner and I want to add sprinkler systems to the list of services we offer.I have a friend who owns an irrigation systems business and he's willing to split some jobs with us if we find them.I can't seem to find any,though.
We recently mailed out close to 12,000 flyers and listed irrigation systems among all of the other services we offer.We've gotten many,many calls and done alot of landscaping jobs as a result, but not a single bid for irrigation systems.
What are we doing wrong?Should we market JUST irrigation systems?Thanks.

Mdirrigation
08-29-2004, 05:59 PM
Well when you list irrigation among all the services you do and you get no calls for irrigation, first you may have too many services listed. (example ; grass cutting , landscaping, power washing , lawn clean ups , lawn sprinklers, hauling ) It is just 1 service among many , In my market , landscapers who do irrigation dont get anywhere near the work as the irrigation contractors who specialize in lawn sprinklers only. I see adds from contractors who say they specialize in decks, additions, kitchens , baths and new homes , well which one is it ?

koster_irrigation
08-31-2004, 07:42 PM
^ yeh what this guy said