PDA

View Full Version : redmax trimmer head on echo

fga
08-28-2004, 05:24 PM
I've been running echo trimmers for alittle while now. I actually like the 210 model, light and easy to use. if it ever breaks in 2 or 3 years, $200 for a new one. Bu tthe one thing i hated about the echo trimmers is the head design. I love and missed my Redmax with that stye head. it would last so much longer and was easy to load, and replace little pieces that wore out. this week, my echo wore out as usaul, every month and a half, so i bought the red max head and put it on. the thing is, its the 4" head, holds more string, and i really like it ($50:confused: :confused: :angry: ), but do you think a bigger head is just asking for this model of echo to break, or does it not matter?
this is a pic of the head i bought today for reference.

apluslawn
08-28-2004, 06:46 PM
I had the srm 210 before I boughtmy redmax bcz2600 and it seems like any thing bogged it down even the lightest grass My head also wore out and I just kept buying echo spools until I finally had it with that trimmer and when itwas in the repair shop they gave me a redmax strato charged trimmer and it wasSoO much more powerful than the echo So I decided to junk the echo and get the big redmax trimmer and I love it. best thing to do isget a more powerful trimmer. And yes based on my experience with the 210 that head will most likely bog the trimmer down:(

Green Care
08-29-2004, 12:04 AM
It mite be ok considering the thin line your running?

fga
08-29-2004, 09:03 AM
that's the trimmer line that redmax was kind of enough to pre-spool. I'd hope so for 50 bucks. I do use thin line though, husky titanium, so it last longer anyway:)