PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Vac w/Self Contained Hopper & Dump Body

Fareway Lawncare
08-28-2004, 09:06 PM
Years ago I ran a Hi-Way 18hp leaf vac which was integrated into a 10 cubic yard, self contained hopper or "leaf box" that sat on a twin cylinder dump body in the bed of my truck (F250). This was a Very Sweet Set-Up as I could still pull a trailer & the Whole Thing was Integrated so it didn't have that Scrub, Half Assed Look...The actual Vac sat on a protrusion built into the hopper that came out Over the Roof of the Truck...Very Cool & it Functioned Very Well.....

Sold it after the City started doing Mechanical Leaf Pick-Up...Now City is Stopping Mechanical Leaf Pick-Up & I Need a New Set-Up.....

Don't Want to Build Anything....Just want it Done...Made...Ready to Go....Hi-Way doesn't Make this Unit Anymore....Discontinued...

Anyone else make a Set-Up similar to What I described Above ?

packmate81
08-28-2004, 09:12 PM
ODB only way to go hands done. we 40 thousand yards of leave a year and this is all we use. PM me ill give you cantact person and #.

i have 4, same price as a small county if your could by one, but i wouldnt use any other machine

Erik

Fareway Lawncare
08-28-2004, 09:28 PM
I was Looking at those...but the Vac isn't built into the box, out of the way like the Hi-Way was.....so in a truck bed I'd still need to take up space on trailer or Hitch hanging or mounting the vac ?!?!

http://www.theodbco.com/products/lcb500.htm