PDA

View Full Version : Pictures of my cuttin' rig

Victor
08-28-2004, 10:40 PM
I just took some pictures of my rig and thought I'd post some pics of it in action here.

In this pic, we're parked across the street from an account.

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 10:42 PM
In this pic, the 52" Lazer is still onboard and the 60 is out on the grass.

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Another view.

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 10:47 PM
In this pic, both mowers are on the truck. The 60 is the one closest to the camera. There's enough room for another 60" Lazer on the truck if I decide to get another one some day. If I took the work bench out of the front of the box, I could put a small walk behind up there.

Vic

Gilla Gorilla
08-28-2004, 10:52 PM
AHHHH look at all that nice room inside there.

Im Jelous!!!!

I am seriously thinking about getting a 16 foot enclosed trailer for next season and selling my 12 foot open trailer then buying a 14 foot dump trailer for the landscape jobs. The dump trailer would drastically save time when it comes time to dispose of materials or debris from jobs.

OOHHHH if money were no object in this business. LOL

But that is a nice set up that you have there

Victor
08-28-2004, 10:55 PM
:D

Here's another view.

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 10:56 PM
Last truck pic.

Vic

Lazer_Z
08-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Victor, how much did the whole rig cost ya if you don't mind me asking.

Victor
08-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Now for some pics of some of our work.

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 11:02 PM
I haven't seen you post in a long time on here man.

Well.... I found the truck in Memphis for 15k.....the advertising was over a grand (both sides and front, and then just add on the blower racks, trimmer rack and all of the other stuff. The ramps were about 3k.

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 11:05 PM
Another lawn pic

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 11:06 PM
A big country property we maintain. Great customer!

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 11:08 PM
A church we maintain.

Vic

CJ GreenScapes
08-28-2004, 11:09 PM
Looks great - your equipment and your work.

Victor
08-28-2004, 11:10 PM
This is the back side of the same church. It's a big lot!

Vic

Victor
08-28-2004, 11:12 PM
You can see the storm damage in the last pic. I cleaned that up right after I took the pic.

Vic

Lazer_Z
08-29-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info Voctor. Nice stripes BTW

youngdude
08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Doesnt someone else on this site have the same set-up but there name is PAR 4 Lawncare and Landscaping??? Maybe it was just they way the pic was taken but it looks like you need to switch up your lines in the first pic, your burning the grass by folowing the same lines.

Victor
08-29-2004, 09:08 PM
I've never seen a Par 4 Lawn Care on here. That's definitely a new one on me.

It must have been the way the pic came out. None of the lawns pictured are burned. None of them are showing even the smallest amount of heat stress.
:D

Vic

The C Man
08-30-2004, 12:51 AM
Vic's posted pics of his rig before, I think with the same thread title too.... it's deja-vu all over again!

Vic, it's Par 3 Lawn Care, and it does exist. Before I registered my business name I was doing an Ohio database search, and I plugged in your name because no names were coming up in my search and I thought maybe there was a problem with the website so I wanted to search for a name that I knew existed. Your name came up and so did Par 3. It's a current name, been around since 1990, with a Columbus mailing address.

Victor
08-30-2004, 07:26 AM
I've heard recently that there is some guy on my end of town with a company name similar to mine, but I had never seen him. That's probably who you're talking about. Columbus is a big town, so I'm not suprised that we haven't run into each other.

Vic

tglover430
08-30-2004, 11:28 AM
I have a similar van, where can I get a ramp like that?

Victor
08-30-2004, 12:02 PM
A company called "NC Ramp Systems" is where I bought mine. If you do a search for them online, you'll find their telephone #. The ramps were $3k. Money well spent to me.

Vic

EastProLawn
08-30-2004, 06:16 PM
Nice, very nice....

txlawnking
08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
I saw your pix last time too Vic, and I still love that truck.... It's the exact setup I want.. Is it a 16'er??

Victor
08-30-2004, 07:39 PM
Hi Tex..... You guessed right. It's a 16 footer buddy.

I thought I'd post these pics in the "Pictures" forum where they belong. When I posted pics of it before, I posted them in the "Truck and Trailer" forum. I figure the pictures will be easier to find in this forum for people that wanna see 'em. I also bought some new things on the truck that weren't in the last pictures. One thing I just finished installing that's not even in these new pics is a handy, fan-powered roof vent. It keeps the truck cooler and can suck any fumes, or dust out of the back of the truck. On the way is a twin-tube ceiling mounted shop light. That will make it easier to work in there. Sometimes it's not as easy to see as I'd like.

For any of you guys with box trucks like this, or enclosed trailers, I installed a 12 volt battery charger for my cordless impact as well as a tire inflator. It was easy to do and sure come in handy. It wouldn't take you long to install them on your set ups either. That way, you can use a Jungle Jack to raise your mowers and change blades in your enclosed area while it's raining outside.

Vic

Patrick.B
08-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Victor .....just wondering what size deck you have on your mower and you have some nice equipment there ,,,,and nice work you did with the church ...i do a church too and is about 2 acres but i only charge half price cause that the church i go to ,,,anyway ,,nice work and set up you have ,,,,

Victor
08-30-2004, 08:00 PM
The bigger one is a 60" Lazer (27hp Kohler) and the smaller one is a 52" Lazer HP (23hp Kawasaki).

Thanks for the good words buddy.

Vic

txlawnking
08-30-2004, 08:58 PM
Vic, what kinda mileage do you get out of it?? I've heard @12mpg from some folks, is this true? I really want one of those, but 12mpg sounds real bad for a diesel 4 banger...

Victor
08-30-2004, 09:32 PM
I think I get between 12 and 14 mpg with it if I remember it right. A full tank does last me a long time though.

Vic

txlawnking
08-31-2004, 08:18 PM
Arrggghhhh.. That kinda removes it from contention.. Do you do mostly city or highway?? Will it get out of it's own way?? I'm looking at the "overall cost of opperation" that's why so many questions.. Thanks, though, Victor..

Victor
08-31-2004, 11:47 PM
I love the power of the truck. It has a very comfortable amount of power. In fact...let me put it this way. If I had to drive to California (I live in Columbus, OH) and I had to chose between my Mercury Sable, my F250, or the box truck, I'd take the box truck hands down (in a heart beat). The thing is that comfortable to drive! I shouuld know. I drove the thing home from Memphis. The acceleration, steering, braking and ride are very comfortable to me. I even love the comfort of the driver's seat. I've said it before and I'll say it again. After knowing what it's like running my mowing routes with my box truck, I would never ever even remotely consider going back to using a pick up and trailer ever again. It's a totally night and day difference to me. If I had to go back to a pick up and trailer for mowing, I'm telling you right now that I'd rather get out of the business.

If you ask anyone who uses a box truck for their mowing routes, they'll tell you that they'd never go back to a truck and trailer either (from the comments I've seen on here from others who use box trucks).

Not everyone has the money to buy a reliable box truck. I didn't have the money to buy one right off the bat. I used a pick up and trailer untill I could afford a good quality NPR Isuzu. There's nothing wrong with using a pick up and trailer. I'm just saying that for me, since I can now afford an NPR, that's the only way I'll do business.

Vic

txlawnking
09-01-2004, 12:21 AM
Oh no, I agree, Vic, I don't really want to be using the pickup/enclosed trailer setup I have now.. I want a DEDICATED work truck, and a little very fuel efficient car for doing estimates etc.. I don't collect clippings ( and probly never will ), don't really want to get into Landscape work too much, and if and when I get into Ferts and Spray, I think the box truck concept would work for that too. I'm just wondering about the "cost of ownership" like maintenace parts costs, overall fuel consumption, cost of a brake job, etc.. I drove the cabover Jap trucks before, gut they were in the Middle East: Hence non Turbo buzzards that couldn't get out of their own way if your life depended on it.. Thanks again, man..

lawn storm
09-22-2004, 05:45 PM
are the ramps heavy ?
do you haul thoe z side ways all the time ? if so/
is there room for three ztr ?

pwarren4
09-22-2004, 05:54 PM
Here's a question for you and all you box truck / enclosed trailer rig owners: How do you deal with the smell of the rotten grass stuck to the mowers closed up in there? Man, there have been a couple times I've left my mower in my garage and by the next day that thing has got to GO!

Victor
09-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Before I made the assisting system that helps me lift the ramps, they would have been way too heavy for me to consider lifting time and again, throughout the day. With my helper system, I don't have a problem at all with them.

I don't always load the Z's sideways, atleast I don't have to. I just prefer to load them that way. I used to load them, so they were both facing the back of the truck. I just load them side ways now so that we can get to the trimmers, or a blower without the a mower being in the way. You could definitely load another Z behind the 2nd Z on my truck. You could have three Z's loaded and still have room for a small walk behind up in the front part of the box. I have a steel work bench that I could remove if I wanted to load a walk behind up front like I mentioned earlier (a small walk bh and 3 Z's).

I installed a roof vent on the box. It really does a great jobb of keeping temps down back there. It even has an exhaust fan built into it. That really sucks fumes out (both from the mower and from me). The smell suprisingly never has been that bad back there, so I can't complain.

Vic

Eric 1
09-22-2004, 10:25 PM
How wide is it.

The problem with one of those for me is that i haul stuff to the job lots of time, like pine straw, mulch, rocks...you get the idea.And in the fall i can put leafs in the truck bed. How do you deal with that?

They do look sweet though. :cool:

Victor
09-22-2004, 10:33 PM
I'm pretty sure it's just shy of 8' wide. If I want to haul leaves off a property, I just use trash bags, or use my other work truck. I can dump them in it and haul them off. I normally don't have a need to haul waste off any of my properties. Sometimes when the need arises, I'll just leave a mower at home and dump debri on the floor of the box. There's a lot of room for limbs and leaves in there.

Vic

Lawnworks
09-23-2004, 10:51 PM
Awesome rig man! I am jealous. Hopefully in a month I will have something very similar. I think you got a good deal on the advertising. But I think you got ripped on the gate. I priced some dovetails for $1250-1400 installed and spring assisted. My guy would prob charge me 1500 to 2500 for similar advertising on the truck.

Victor
09-23-2004, 11:14 PM
I really do enjoy using this truck. On the ramps though, I didn't want a dove tail on the back of my truck. I knew I'd rather spend more on the ramps i bought. I don't like the increased rear-end swing you have to deal with when you install a dove tail.

Vic

Lawnworks
10-05-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey man,
I just test drove a '99 isuzu 5-speed. The turning radius is incredible!! The power was adequate for around town driving. I don't see any problem hauling a 10k trailer around town. The gearing was LOW in first second through third. I actually started off in third by accident and it pulled through. Victor where can I find some trimmer traps and blower holders? Is yours 5-speed? It seemed like 70mph was about as fast as it wanted to go.

Victor
10-05-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm glad you liked your demo. They really do make running your day, to day routes sooo much easier. You can go to trimmertrap.com and find those racks.

My truck has the automatic "Aison" tranny. The truck you demoed with the manual transmission has 142hp. That's what the manual tranny equipped trucks with a diesel are rated at. If you get a truck that comes with the automatic tranny, it's diesel engine (like mine) is rated at 175hp. My truck tops out at 78, to 80 mph. I hear that this is a little faster than the norm.

Vic

Lawnworks
10-05-2004, 11:09 PM
Wow I wonder where the extra power in the autos come from. The fuel pump must be adjustable.

jd boy
10-15-2004, 04:44 PM
that is a sweet set up, but what do you do when you have clippings, leaves, debis, etc to collect?

John P.
11-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Where do you put lawn clippings, trimmings............inside the truck?

ALarsh
11-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Guys, read the post. He said he will either leave a Z home and put some of the clippings in the truck or he will bring another one of his work trucks along.

Can we see some pics of the outside of the truck with the gate folded up?

Lawnworks
11-22-2004, 10:28 PM
I just got a set-up similar to Victor's w/ a 16 ft box w/ 4 foot dovetail. When I bag(only leaves) I just put it in 55 gallon trash bags. Whenever I am at commercial accounts I just throw the bags in the dump.