PDA

View Full Version : end of season contracts, when to stop billing?

AuburnGuy
08-29-2004, 09:43 AM
I am going to send a letter with September invoices for my SEASONAL contracts only saying that i will Continue to bill through october while the leaves are falling. ......If you would like to stop services for this year before then please let me know......On those yards with leaves after october if I have not heard anything I will continue until the leaves are gone. Again feel free to contact me if you would like to suspend service until march of next year when we will start mowing again. Thank you for allowing me to privide you service this year. Please contact me if you have any questions, or need any additional services over the winter, such as leaves, clean-ups, etc.

Something to that effect. What do you guys think?

LwnmwrMan22
08-29-2004, 10:57 AM
One of 2 things.

If you're talking about ACTUAL contracts for the season, it would be stipulated in the contract when payments are to be made, whether or not there is service. ie, here in MN, 6 months, May-October, whether it has rained at all in August or if it snows October 20th, you still get the same pay each month.

If you're talking about billing each time a service is performed, then yes, you keep billing until you stop service.

Randy Scott
08-29-2004, 11:02 AM
It sounds like your SEASONAL contract really isn't seasonal. It should have had the leaf cleanup already explained and the billing procedures shown in the season contract. I don't get what you have going. So you really only have a mowing contract with cleanup separate? To me, that's not a seasonal contract. Quite confusing to the customer I'm sure.