PDA

View Full Version : Obviously, I shoudda worn long pants.....

geogunn
08-29-2004, 10:37 AM
I had a little boo-boo yesterday.

it is fairly obvious who lost. :cry:

GEO :D

satch
08-29-2004, 11:02 AM
Geo, being fron TN also you may have heard the ole timers say this before.Put a coal oil rag on it

fga
08-29-2004, 11:06 AM
isn't that the nastiest feeling with clippings all over your shins? i hate that.
forget about pants, what about some boots my friend?! safety 101...

is that a burn or a scrape?

tx_angler
08-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by satch
Geo, being fron TN also you may have heard the ole timers say this before.Put a coal oil rag on it

If you can't find a coal oil rag try WD-40. it'll take the sting out of that wound immediately!

impactlandscaping
08-29-2004, 11:31 AM
Hey Geo, were you trimming a hillside and got too close to your feet? I have a similar wound like that from last year. Trimmer line smarts....yeeouch!!

fga
08-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by impactlandscaping
Hey Geo, were you trimming a hillside and got too close to your feet? I have a similar wound like that from last year. Trimmer line smarts....yeeouch!! Bill,
your post count really jumped these last few days...:D that's more like it. good to see it looks like you're back in control.

Liberty Lawncare
08-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Ouch time for a fiew beers and a couple of shots. That will help take away the sting.
Thats a bigger wound than Kerry's you need a purple heart LOL.

geogunn
08-29-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Liberty Lawncare
Thats a bigger wound than Kerry's you need a purple heart LOL.

OMG! I never thought of it like that!!! you are right! and it was even self inflicted too!!!

actually what happened I was trimming up to a gate and trying to get it unlatched to go through.

they had stretch cord on the other side and I was trying to get it unhooked and apparently from that point I had a momentary lapse of reason! :eek:

I was kinda relieved when I looked down and saw it was the trimmer trying to chop off my leg instead of a copperhead chewing on me or yellow jackets heading north!

and when I got home, the spousal unit was all over me about it...... nag-nag-nag!

I just had to remind her about the "hedge trimmer thing" and she was glad there weren't metal blades attached. LOL!

GEO :D

MOW ED
08-29-2004, 12:35 PM
I hate to admit but I caught my wifes heel with the string trimmer line one day while walking behind her. She had pants on and I think it stung me more than it did her but that string can do a number. I was idling at the time too.
I have been in EMS for 19 years and I can't ever remember the coal oil rag or the WD-40 anywhere in the annals of modern emergency medicine. I guess this site is educational in more than one way.

jaybird
08-29-2004, 10:00 PM
my gosh, are you ok oh my.

CJ GreenScapes
08-29-2004, 10:14 PM
Man, I bet that smart!

txlawnking
08-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Dang Geo! That's what my legs look like if I get smoked by a piece of that good ole' Lavarock launched by the trimmer...