PDA

View Full Version : the heck with the dog, just do it!

bobbygedd
08-29-2004, 12:38 PM
i have a property that i service on sunday mornings. todays service was supposed to be mow job, treat for grubs, spray the beds. upon arrival i saw the dog was in the back yard(fenced in yard). i know the dog, he doesn't bother me. i cut the grass, then called the client on his cell phone. i told him i really couldn't put chemicals down with the dog being outside. he said, "the hell with the dog, just do it." the man would not be home till this evening, which means the dog will be out there all day. do you do the treatments?

fga
08-29-2004, 12:40 PM
not grub treatment..... maybe some straight fertilizer, maybe..... nah, i wouldn't put down anything.

Pecker
08-29-2004, 12:41 PM
NO! The dog doesn't wanta kill you. . .why would you wanta kill the dog? You oughta twist that guy's head off and p!ss down his throat for treating that dog that way!

Turf Medic
08-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Nope, nothing if the dog is going to be out on it, even fertilizer can burn the pads on their feet. Miserable sight, a dog with chemical burns on their feet.

gunner27
08-29-2004, 02:30 PM
no i would not have done it because i know what it would have done to the dog and i am not an idiot. did you do it??

CharlieBingo
08-29-2004, 02:44 PM
My old boss and I once sprayed a lawn (heavily) with Trimec. He told the lady keep kids and pets off for 24 hrs. She let's the dog out as we were leaving. He stops tells her to put him in she gets nasty and refuses. He takes the dog with us, he already had his dog in the truck. Now it's me him and two dogs. Next day he got in a big fight with her and wound up keeping her dog. This guy was a legend!

pjslawncare/landscap
08-29-2004, 04:38 PM
No way. U have more knowledge of what your puttin down than him. Plus it sounds like u may have more concern for his dog than he does. May add clause in contracts dealing with this issue if not added already

pjslawncare/landscap
08-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by CharlieBingo
My old boss and I once sprayed a lawn (heavily) with Trimec. He told the lady keep kids and pets off for 24 hrs. She let's the dog out as we were leaving. He stops tells her to put him in she gets nasty and refuses. He takes the dog with us, he already had his dog in the truck. Now it's me him and two dogs. Next day he got in a big fight with her and wound up keeping her dog. This guy was a legend!
He dogknapped her dog?

printer88
08-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Sounds like she did'nt deserve the dog in the first place.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-29-2004, 05:30 PM
HE LIBERATED THE DOG

gunner27
08-29-2004, 06:19 PM
i still want to know what bobby did.

Tonyr
08-29-2004, 06:20 PM
what they all said ^^^^^^^^^^

no bloody way, like to pour chems over his miserable body see if he thinks it is a pleasant experience. hope his dog bites the crap outa him! lol. Let the nut snif some grammoxone or something LOL.

sorry, my answer is, no.

Ursushorribilus
08-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by CharlieBingo

CharleBingo, your old boss is a standup MAN. Someone needs to stand up and protect the weak and innocent from fools and sadists, and he did. Tony

Mowses
08-29-2004, 08:17 PM
Even though the owner didn't care about the dog, lets say you did put down the chems and the dog got injured. My money is on him sending you the vets bill or taking you to court. You should know if it will cause any harm to animals as the owners are employing YOU to do the right thing. So tell them straight out that it will harm the dog.

all ferris
08-29-2004, 08:20 PM
I wouldn't treat a yard if the dog was in the back yard. However, if Booby was tied up in the back yard I would do a full season of treatments at once. Heck, I'd even throw him a doggy treat after I sprayed. Ha Ha

big tim afm
08-29-2004, 09:04 PM
I have a wife like that also all ferris, i about died when she bought me a six man ice fishing shanty it's awesome! wait till she see's the ex-mark i want..

all ferris
08-29-2004, 09:12 PM
My wife doesn't understand that you have to spend money to make money but I lover her. anyway, that is off topic. I want to hear Booby chime in, it's always interesting.

bobbygedd
08-29-2004, 09:12 PM
that's very nice of you all ferris.

Duramax99
08-29-2004, 10:35 PM
I wouldn't treat the lawn.

Liberty Lawncare
08-29-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by all ferris
I wouldn't treat a yard if the dog was in the back yard. However, if Booby was tied up in the back yard I would do a full season of treatments at once. Heck, I'd even throw him a doggy treat after I sprayed. Ha Ha
LOL :D Good answer.:D

Up North
08-29-2004, 10:41 PM
So Bobby, what did you put down? Tidy Cat or Fresh Step? :D

Buck

mbricker
08-30-2004, 12:10 AM
BG, we're waiting. Don't let us, your adoring public, down. Are you too busy with the thread about "How far would you go to keep a customer?" (the neck brace thread)

bobbygedd
08-30-2004, 12:13 AM
addoring public my ass. you all hate me, it's a fact. that's ok though. i'll answer in like 20 min, i need to do my wife a "favor"

gunner27
08-30-2004, 12:13 AM
bobby, what did you do?

gunner27
08-30-2004, 12:19 AM
again bobby, what did you do?

gunner27
08-30-2004, 12:25 AM
o.k. that 20 min. is up. an exageration just like all your other stories. i am sure we will be disapointed with your response just like your wife was with your performance.

gunner27
08-30-2004, 12:48 AM
guess you are either not man enough or smart enough to even answer your own post.

bobbygedd
08-30-2004, 01:25 AM
pipe down already. ok, you know what? i'd love to tell you i sprayed the yard, the dog, and the jacusi, just to get you all to bash me for it. but, mr. addams would not appreciate me joking where chemicals are involved. this is what i did: i treated the beds, and turf in the front yard only, where the dog could not go. i'll have to do the back another day. told client i will under no circumstances risk the health of any man, woman, child, or animal.

Tider6972
08-30-2004, 01:32 AM
Ya ruined my post...was 'bout to tell 'im you couldn't reply, 'cuz you were out hiding the corpse! LOL

sheesh, people, lighten up...

BUT...on a serious note, ask yourself: If a newby planning to put out some chemicals tomorrow came here, read this 'non-sense', and is made to realize that he has to be VERY careful, was booby helpful?

Is bobby now an animal rights activist???????

mbricker
08-30-2004, 04:04 AM
Bobby, I do believe you have more compassion for a dog than for your fellow humans.

Of course, some dogs rate more compassion than some humans.

On a very distantly related subject, I got a dog the night of July 3 with my pick-up, about a quarter mile from my house. It was a mess. And no one answered the door at the 2 houses nearest the scene of the collision. I did not recall ever seeing that dog before, it had a collar but no tag. So I decided rather than leave the dog for its human to find, I would pick it up and dispose of it.
Well, about 2 weeks later, a neighbor girl about 10 came around the neighborhood with home-computer-printed posters, looking for her missing dog. Photo on the poster showed the girl and a dog that looked somewhat like the one I hit. I wasn't home, she talked to my wife. I got home and saw the poster on the table, said "Oh, sh!t!" I called the girl's dad, told him I thought I had hit his daughter's dog with my pick-up, would he please tell her I am sorry, and I had given it a decent burial. He said they were on vacation and the friend looking after their animals had left the dog pen gate unlatched.

So about a week ago, another of my neighbors asked me in a rather angry way, "Why did you kill that little girl's dog?" Turns out the girl is telling neighbors that I killed her dog and buried it, without bothering to tell that it was an accident with the dog running out into the road in front of the truck!

I should have left it lying where it got run over, and kept my mouth shut.

42homers
08-30-2004, 07:23 AM
Sounds like Daddy needs to have a talk with his little girl.......or somebody else would be.

Way to go Bobby, you did the right thing...........as you should have.

Gravely_Man
08-30-2004, 01:15 PM
This is not even a realistic option. If the dog is out then hevans no will any chemicals be put down. Customer gets a bill for missing a scheduled service and I move on.

Gravely_Man

Eric 1
08-30-2004, 10:07 PM
You guys take him WAY to seriously. jeez, lighten-up.

He may be crazy, but i dont think he is that stupid.