PDA

View Full Version : For the bulk buyers

Mycannon
08-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Anyone have any suggestions where I can buy bulk edger blades, Trimmer line like shin, mower blades and oil. I have spent way to much money paying retail and it would be nice if I could get wholesale at bulk.

MOOSE
08-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Goto eBay and look up Russo Power Equipment under the ebay stores. They have good prices.

ztrx
08-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Rotary, Prime Line, Silverstreak, J-Thomas to name a few

Mycannon
08-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Yeah I looked at russo before they are good prices have you ever order anything from them

MOOSE
08-29-2004, 02:48 PM
Yes, Order stuff all the time... great prices and fast shipping..

Another one to try is j-thomas.com

good prices too!

Russo's is running great prices on ebay for blades, edger blades and oil filters.

Mycannon
08-29-2004, 04:10 PM
will russo's adjust the prices on shipping because thats whats killing me I'm only saving a dollar or 2 from retail store here.

beransfixitinc
08-29-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Mycannon
will russo's adjust the prices on shipping because thats whats killing me I'm only saving a dollar or 2 from retail store here.

I am sure, that just for you, they will adjust their standard practices of doing business, but only to make you happy.

grass_cuttin_fool
08-29-2004, 04:27 PM
I have used mowmore before and with an order of $250 they have free shipping. I have been rather pleased with the service and the products. I had a problem with my spring order this year and emailed them and they fixed the problem with no hassle

i_plant_art
08-29-2004, 07:28 PM
check these guys out they seem to have pretty good prices.. i buy all my edger blades oil filters etc. and save alot vs. the dealer.
http://www.mowmore.com

they seem to have everything u could need plus you can get a catalog from them so u dont always have to look up your parts on line.

LwnmwrMan22
08-29-2004, 08:09 PM
J-Thomas.com is my vote.

impactlandscaping
08-30-2004, 12:07 AM
Call Russo's and ask for Bob Rocco in sales. He'll hook you up. Some of the auctions they run on Ebay ship as many blades as you want for $ 8.95 total shipping cost.

Mlc gmc03
08-30-2004, 12:18 AM
what you need to do is next spring after the mid am show here in chicago get ahold of russos they sell the blades for 5.25 each everything else is dirt cheap too i cant say enough about how great there service is

wrestlingcoach
08-30-2004, 12:23 AM
have you ever consider going to a metal shop a getting them done for fraction of what retail places are - just buy in bulk

try stens they are pretty cheap

i_plant_art
08-30-2004, 01:08 AM
Mlc gmc03

if your paying 5.25 each for edger blades your getting ripped man. i get mine off of mowmore.com with the purchase of (i think) 50 or more you can get them for .99 each less than 50 is 1.25. sounds too good to be true but it is true they seem to last just as long as the 5 and $8 ones i have found at the dealer. they have many different sizes and thinknesses as well to choose from . check them out...... oil filters are just as cheap.....$9 at the deals $4-$5 on mowmore.com same exact filter.

beransfixitinc
08-30-2004, 01:36 AM
Too bad there isn't an online mowing service. That way, people that want their grass cut can get a cheaper price than going with somebody in their town. Why pay a high price for a local to cut it if you don't have to.

Mycannon
08-30-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by beransfixitinc
Too bad there isn't an online mowing service. That way, people that want their grass cut can get a cheaper price than going with somebody in their town. Why pay a high price for a local to cut it if you don't have to. I know this sounds crazy but some people know how to run a business and keep the overhead as low as possible. More you save on overhead the more you make. And when you go though string and 8-15 edger blades a week and every 2-3 weeks you got to change the oil in at least 2 mowers. You look for every way too cut cost.

mbricker
08-30-2004, 04:31 AM
Why would anyone object to shopping on-line to get a better price? Is that any different from going to the local dealer that gives you the best price? Assuming that the product is equal of course. I support my local dealers, in particular the one I buy those expensive Grasshoppers from. Especially since he's the guy I will have to rely on for service for those very infrequent Grasshopper breakdowns.

But you know what? I don't feel bad about giving some of my business to other people. On-line, mail-order, or local. After all, my Grasshopper dealer has never once hired me to mow for him.

Mycannon
08-30-2004, 02:50 PM
Thank you Mbricker

GreenMonster
08-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Too bad there isn't an online mowing service. That way, people that want their grass cut can get a cheaper price than going with somebody in their town. Why pay a high price for a local to cut it if you don't have to.

berans

I'm curious if you pay the sticker price when you get a new car or truck?

CJ GreenScapes
08-30-2004, 03:38 PM
I guess I am lucky. I tried to go online and save money on blades, oil, etc., but none of them could beat my dealer's price... I know this is rare, but so is the service they provide - top notch, grade A. I get the best of both worlds!

beransfixitinc
08-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
berans

I'm curious if you pay the sticker price when you get a new car or truck?

I'm curious why you are comparing apples to oranges. Find me a commercial mower manufacturer where the difference between the dealer's invoice and the list price is 5K to 6K, and then I'd agree that there is plenty of room in the price for negotiations.

GreenMonster
08-30-2004, 03:54 PM
I'm curious why you are comparing apples to oranges. Find me a commercial mower manufacturer where the difference between the dealer's invoice and the list price is 5K to 6K, and then I'd agree that there is plenty of room in the price for negotiations.

That's what I thought.

fga
08-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by MOOSE
Goto eBay and look up Russo Power Equipment under the ebay stores. They have good prices. i can't seem to find it. can you give me a link to their page on ebay? thanks.

Mycannon
08-30-2004, 05:37 PM
I'm curious why you are comparing apples to oranges. Find me a commercial mower manufacturer where the difference between the dealer's invoice and the list price is 5K to 6K, and then I'd agree that there is plenty of room in the price for negotiations. Berans find me a shipper that charges actual shipping charges the prices Russo's have stated on shipping are not actual shipping prices and if I order 25 different items I would not want to spend 25 of the over priced shipping. So, when I asked if they adjust shipping prices on big orders that's what I meant. I did not say "hey, if i buy one item is that shipping charge or can you lower it cause I'm a new customer." So Berans thanks for your help but keep your smart comments to yourself and try to help someone instead of filling these forms with junk comments.

beransfixitinc
08-30-2004, 08:01 PM
Mycannon,

I need a place to vent. There's too much BS here right now, and I guess every little thing I read on lawnsite sets me off for some reason. I apologize for that. My words are not usually intentionally directed at one poster, it just comes out that way.

Now, if I lived in a place like you, I'd just cross the river to the Horseshoe and drop $20 in a nickle slot, play one nickle at a time and beat the living crap out of the button everytime I spin.

Patrick.B
08-30-2004, 08:58 PM
i'm just wanted to know if you guys are sharping your blades or it just extra blade you buying ,,,

MOOSE
08-30-2004, 09:02 PM
http://stores.ebay.com/Russo-Power-Equipment

There's the link and if u can't click on it copy it and paste.

Mycannon
08-30-2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I sharpen my blades but you only can sharpen once maybe twice before you can tell on the cut I still get 75 to 100 hrs on a set of blades but thats only month or month in a half. So I like to have spares edger blades you can't have too many. String and oil either

dvmcmrhp52
08-30-2004, 09:29 PM

No the markup is not 5-6K, but for 1/3 the total cost I would say
1/3 the markup still works out to the same percentages.

GreenMonster
08-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by dvmcmrhp52
No the markup is not 5-6K, but for 1/3 the total cost I would say
1/3 the markup still works out to the same percentages.

BINGO. The mark-up is still a PERCENTAGE.

eshreve1234
08-30-2004, 10:18 PM
The only thing I buy in bulk above is oil. Get a 55 gallon drum of Chevron Supreme 10w30, for $225 and delivery is free.