PDA

View Full Version : where a bushhog won't go

Sneaky
08-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Needing to cut several spots around septic tanks that are fenced in. These spots haven't been cut in about 6 months and are about 5 feet tall. Once I get them cut the first time I can maintain them. Any suggestions of what to use would be appreciated.

Steve1
08-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Napalm comes to mind. :D Just kidding...

Regardless, you need to walk the area first to make sure there aren't any surprises waiting!

The way I would do it would be to take a few feet of it off by hand if possible with something like a heavy duty string trimmer and then mow from there with whatever might fit/work the best for the type of growth you're dealing with.

Saxman
08-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Troy-bilt sickle bar mower! I have one that will cut stuff like that easy, 1-2" sprouts as well. Would be the perfect soulution for that area.

Sneaky
08-29-2004, 10:27 PM
Thanks guys. Thought about renting a self-propelled brush mower like that.

printer88
08-29-2004, 10:40 PM
Home depot's billy goat works pretty good.Daily rental is not too high either.

Andyinchville2
08-29-2004, 10:55 PM
Dr Field mower works great....will handle very tall growth and small saplings.....I have the classic model w/ 8 HP and it's great.....I tried one of their newer ones but I like the classic model better because it is lighter and if (unlikely) gets stuch it is light enough to lift out.....Other models are way too heavy to do that....

pjslawncare/landscap
08-29-2004, 11:06 PM
I often use hedge trimmers where access is a problem. Trimmer with cutter blade works good if u got room to swing.