PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice

Flat Top Lawn
08-29-2004, 06:24 PM
HAD A GUY NEEDING HIS MOTHERS YARD MOWED. I GAVE HIM A WEEKLY PRICE AND A BI-WEEKLY PRICE. HE TOOK THE BI-WEEKLY. HERE IS MY PROBLEM, I MOWED, 3 WEEKS PAST HE CALLED, I MOWED. 3 MORE WEEKS SAME THING. NOW IT HAS BEEN 4 WEEKS. SHOULD I MOW IT AND TELL HIM MORE $$$$, FORGET ABOUT IT, OR MOW IT FOR THE PRICE I TOLD HIM. THIS IS A $100 YARD, TAKES ME 1HR. 15MIN. I FEEL HE IS TIRING TO BEAT ME OUT OF A DOLLAR.............

Lawn-Scapes
08-29-2004, 06:30 PM
WHY ARE YOU MOWING IT EVERY THREE WEEKS AND WHY DOES HE NEED TO CALL.. WHEN YOU/HE AGREED TO BI-WEEKLY (you mean bi-monthly.. right?) SERVICE............?

Flat Top Lawn
08-29-2004, 10:32 PM
well, he is just one off those customers. i'm sure you have a few like that. if you don't you probably did.

Lawn-Scapes
08-29-2004, 10:41 PM
Sorry Flat Top.. I can't relate. I don't think I've ever had a bi-monthly client... if I did.. I would show up every two weeks as agreed.

I'm not sure I understand... Was your agreement to wait for his call? Sounds like a decent wage for the job though.

Flat Top Lawn
08-29-2004, 11:14 PM
the prices i gave was weekly and bi-, (with no contract) my problem is he calls when he wants it mowed, i can not cut it for those prices every 3-4 weeks.

grasswhacker
08-29-2004, 11:20 PM
If you quoted him the job on an every other week basis and he only lets you cut it every three or four weeks, then i would increase the rate 20% for each additional week over the 2 week period.

Andyinchville2
08-30-2004, 12:12 AM
A hundred dollars for 1 hour and fifteen minutes worth of work and semi regular too?.....Where do I sign up?....Sounds like an ok gig to me even if it is every 3 weeks.....If all my accounts were like that I'd be rolling good!...Seriously though only thing I would not particularly like was that fact that he calls before you can mow....I'd tell him every 3 weeks at the max period and let it go at that (you could explain that things have to be scheduled)...Just my 3 cents (was 2 plus 1 for inflation).....

printer88
08-30-2004, 12:27 AM
You simply tell him if it is not mowed evry two weeks it will be more money because it takes longer.If he does'nt understand then he can find another LCO.

CJ GreenScapes
08-30-2004, 12:38 AM
I would be OK with the 3 week deal at that price. My problem would be waiting on his call - that makes scheduling a pain in the butt.

dkeisala
08-30-2004, 12:42 AM
Every 3 weeks? Around these parts maybe in July, August and POSSIBLY September but any other time of the year we'd need a baler!

HighGrass
08-30-2004, 12:45 AM
If your weekly price is say $35.00, and your bi-weekly (every 14 days) is say $50.00. You shouldn't be mowing when he calls you. Letting the customer have to much control above and beyond 14 days is dicey at best. Get him back on a routine of every week, or 2 weeks if he really squeals, but let him know who calls the shots.

You and I both know his lawn needs to be mowed at least every 14 days like clock work....right?:D

Flat Top Lawn
08-30-2004, 05:06 PM
I thank you guys, for the professional advice.