PDA

View Full Version : Battery powered bp sprayer

LwnmwrMan22
08-29-2004, 08:30 PM
James and others -

Just wondering on your backpack sprayers, is there a switch to turn it on? I would suppose there would be, not just kick on when the pressure got too low.

Where is the switch located? Is it on the wand? Or somewhere on the sprayer itself?

Basically what I'm looking for, is to be able to mount a sprayer somewhere on my mower, and have a hose where I can spot spray weeds in parking lots / sidewalks, etc., without having to go back to the truck.

I mow a school district, and next year I'm trying to put together a bid to get the spraying from TG / CL, and am trying to work into taking care of all the weeds that pop up in the parking lots, etc., also.

Just wondering if a battery powered bp would work???

Thanks guys.

TSM
08-30-2004, 01:23 PM
James must be busy so i'll tell you what i know. we use shurflo battery powered backpaks.

there is an on/off switch on the backpak itself. this switch merely turns on the pump. the pump is 'activated' (for lack of a better word) when the trigger on the wand is engaged.

so for what you want this will work out well. the backpak can be mounted with the pump in on position. no power is released untill you hit the trigger on the wand.

ArizPestWeed
08-30-2004, 10:10 PM
it's called , on demand pump, ..
it will shut off in 5 minutes if not used
the switch is located on the bottom

LwnmwrMan22
08-30-2004, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys.

I'm trying to get about 80 acres away from TG, and I figure if I can get the district to go along with me spraying all the cracks in the sidewalks / parking lots too, that I can justify getting a slight bit less for 1 app of broadleaf / year.

Just didn't feel like carrying around a 2 gallon or bp sprayer all over the complexs. Trying to decide if I could mount a "hitch receiver" on the back end of the mower, then hang a bp sprayer rack off of that and route the hose up and around so it doesn't hit the engine.

That way I could just pull a pin and it'd all be off the mower when I'm mowing under trees or different properties.

A little winter project for me. :)

James Cormier
08-31-2004, 06:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by TSM
[B]James must be busy so i'll tell you what i know. we use shurflo battery powered backpaks.

I was busy enjoying Eagle Island for a week, a small Island off sodus bay in up state NY on lake Ontario,

No roads, no cars, gotta take a boat out too it so when your there you stuck on the Island.

I did bring my new smart phone with me to check on my email, and I did log on to lawn site , but it was too difficult to read the posts on such a small screen.

Im back,

2 man crew
08-31-2004, 07:45 PM
lawnmwman22

You have a pg right? why not use the bottle fill up nozzle under the tank?

LwnmwrMan22
09-01-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by 2 man crew
lawnmwman22

You have a pg right? why not use the bottle fill up nozzle under the tank?

Because I want to be able to just spray as I mow. Meaning if I'm mowing a section of grass, I want the tank right there with me, so I can shoot whatever's popping up in the sidewalk crack, curbline.

I don't want to have to go back to the trailer, get the PG, or use a little 16 oz spray bottle.

If I was going to do that, I'd at least use my 2 gallon carrying tank I've got now.

2 man crew
09-01-2004, 08:44 AM
I meant using a hose with a spray nozzle connected to the tank on the PG. But that wont work either if you need to use it with your mower.

LwnmwrMan22
09-01-2004, 11:19 AM
2 man -

Yeah, I already have that setup for broadleaf spraying.

Thanks for the idea. :)

Gonna figure out a bracket this winter, then market it. Make more money off of the mowing guys than the mowing guys make, and they're the mowing guys. :D