PDA

View Full Version : How Much Do You Charge For Cutting a Slope?

Wil22
08-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Some home owners in the area have a hill/slope in the back yard and it's too steep for a mower. In the past I've done a few with a weed eater and raked it up. How much should I charge?

digg
08-29-2004, 09:33 PM
I have a few like that too, what I do is figure the man hours involved and charge accordingly.

Green Care
08-29-2004, 09:45 PM
Without seeing you arent going to get any help need to see in order too price.

Remember if your going to work for gatorade you can work for me I keep plenty of it.

Charge them.

Wil22
08-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the information. The area I'm talking about is 3500 sf. In the past I've under estimated and lost money on some jobs. Now I'm starting to walk away from jobs if I can't get my price. On this slop the lady was trying to push the mower up hill and I asked if she wants any help and she said yes. I find that many people will not argue with my price, but on some jobs after I start I realize this is a lot of work and now I want to get paid.

So any help here will be appreciated. Until I get a nice feel for it I'm going to quote high. Then I can stop working for pennies.

I finding that home owners will cut lawns but not touch the slope.
Looks like any one standing side ways on a hill ought to be paid.
This grass is sometimes 8- 12 inches tall.

crawdad
08-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Most mowers will self-destruct at such angles, not having sufficient oil flow. Charge accordingly, if they turn you down, you haven't lost a dime. If you happen to have a lawnboy, that'll run almost upside-down, then you deserve to be paid for it.
Crawdad