PDA

View Full Version : new crew

pogo
06-01-2000, 12:58 AM
Im gonna start up my second crew tomorrow.<br>I've had one crew for three years but business has increased so much Im gonna have 2 two man crews instead of one three man crew. Anything I should look out for with running these crews and how hard is it to move onto another crew. Do most of you with multiple crews run them in two's or three's?

lawrence stone
06-01-2000, 01:10 AM
Well there are two ways to go.<p>1. By geographic area.<br>2. by the size of your jobs ( one crew for<br>small stuff and I crew for big stuff)

Nilsson Associates
06-01-2000, 06:42 AM
A few thoughts ...<p>1. Let them know you'll be doing quality control checks behind them at random.<p>2. Make sure they understand what their goals are each day. Tell them that you know how long the jobs take so they should be able to complete them within X given time<br>but not at the sacrifice of a quality job.<p>3. Set up a route sheet for them to follow and check off as done.<p>4. Don't let them communciate with the customer unless they know how. Give them some bizz cards to contact you with.<p>5. Keep the sales numbers away from their understanding.<p>Phil Nilsson<br>Nilsson Associates<br>Green Industry Consultants<br>Nilsson.Assoc@Snet.Net