PDA

View Full Version : This will sound dumb

superdave
08-30-2004, 12:15 AM
Ok, if the powers that be want to put this in the "just starting out section" that's cool but I thought I might get better response here.

I know I'm really going to show my lack of knowledge but here goes. After I've mowed, edged, trimmed and I go to blow my grass trimmings off my customers concrete where the heck do I blow it? I don't want to blow it onto the neighbors thats just crass and besides it probably rules out getting the neighbor someday. Do I blow it back onto the freshly cut yard I just mowed? I can't blow it out into the street cause you get dirty looks from the neighbors again and I don't want to be a scrub. I thought about buying one of those Vacumns but I've read on this sight where they suck and I don't mean in a good way. I've swept my clippings up before but that seems to kind of defeat the purpose of blowing them in the 1st place.

So anyway, I would love to hear how you guy's handle something as miniscule as this.

pjslawncare/landscap
08-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Just blow it back into the yard. Start in the street (dont get run over) and blow twards the home.

printer88
08-30-2004, 12:20 AM
Properly maintained lawns should'nt have very many clippings.I always just blow them back into the lawn.It's not ever been a problem for me.

Ryan Lightning
08-30-2004, 12:22 AM
If theres lots of crap in the gutters and drive way, I edge, blow everything on the lawn, mow and blow again. If theres not alot of crap just blow every thing on the lawn when your done, it will disappear. Lots of shrubs to hide stuff in is nice too.

mbricker
08-30-2004, 12:31 AM
Your mowers got baggers? Lots of guys on here say "Never bag." But if the grass was grown so much that you can't get the clippings to hide when you blow the drive, you probably should have bagged.

Course then you got the disposal problem, some localities that is tough.

But I routinely bag some lawns even when the customer has not requested it, in the situations where bagging will take less of my time than trying to make it neat without bagging.

I definitely can bag quicker than I can double-mow.

HighGrass
08-30-2004, 12:41 AM
Okay, if you even think you're gonna have alot of clippings, try and edge and trim first. Then this stuff should be sitting on the grass that's ready to be mowed. Then it's just a matter of mowing it and chopping it up so that it blends into the lawn.

The best trick I ever learned (here) was once your finished mowing, double mow again with the deck raised about an inch or so. This really gets the "lawn turds" scattered and makes for a real nice finish.

chefdrp
08-30-2004, 01:33 AM
i do it like highgrass said. i trim or edge first. them mow then blow or re mow.

BCSteel
08-30-2004, 02:59 AM
If I'm mulching, I edge, mow then blow. If there are lost of clippings left from the edging/mowing, I just blow it into the lawn further to disperse it so that it isnt visable. If I'm bagging, I edge, blow and then mow so that the mower picks it all up.

CJ GreenScapes
08-30-2004, 03:21 PM
I don't think it is a dumb question - I have struggled with the best solution myself. Since I bag most of my lawns, it is only a problem if the curb was littered with leaves and such before I arrive. Now on those accounts I edge, blow, mow, and then blow again. Sounds like alot more work, but not when you consider how much time it takes to disperse the all that crap afterwards.

Good luck superdave.

greeneakers04
08-30-2004, 03:36 PM
*HIGHGRASS*

When you double cut like this with the blade raised, do you follow the same pattern, or do you criss-cross your original cut??

Thanks

precisioncut
08-30-2004, 04:29 PM
i typically edge, trim, blow, mow, and blow again.

HighGrass
08-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by greeneakers04
*HIGHGRASS*

When you double cut like this with the blade raised, do you follow the same pattern, or do you criss-cross your original cut??

Thanks

I usually cross cut about 45 degrees from the original pattern when I raies the deck. If the lawn is small you just go over the same exact pattern you did at the beginning.

EastProLawn
08-30-2004, 06:09 PM
If it's a small amount grass I blow it back onto the lawn, but if it's alot of clippings, I blow them into a pile and pick it up...