PDA

View Full Version : Out the window with the "one third rule"

GBCS
08-30-2004, 12:27 AM
I stumbled on this. Wow!! I bet it is the longest thread at on here and Iím still reading it. :dizzy:

http://lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28321&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

mbricker
08-30-2004, 01:11 AM
That was absolutely amazing! Where did this Garry go anyway? Is he still on here under another name? I notice he switched to Turfdog about halfway through. And if anyone on here ever drops in on another (un-named) lawn forum, you have probably read the ravings of some Phil who writes in a remarkable similar style--but without the ........

And did you notice MajorTom tried at least twice about pg 30 to shut this guy down, with persuasion not force? Took Sean until pg 57 to cut him off.

BCSteel
08-30-2004, 03:31 AM
Damn that guy is annoying! I only made it to page 10 before his constant implied belittling of everyone but himself was to much, my brother.

GroundKprs
08-30-2004, 03:36 AM
turfdog21 was one of a few with real knowledge and experience who have visited this site over the years. After a while they realize that their time is wasted on a gaggle of yard boys with inflated egos. Notice how so many spend their time attacking him - instead of trying to understand what he is saying. :confused:

Eric 1
08-30-2004, 09:49 PM
I left another forum because of a guy that sounds just like that idiot. Some of you i have seen there two.Is there a connection?

kppurn
08-30-2004, 11:31 PM
It's a long thread, but there is actually some pretty useful information in there. The "science" of lawn care.

GBCS
08-31-2004, 12:23 AM
It seemed that Lawrence Stone knew the fert business pretty well, but he sure irritated a lot of folks on here.

LAWNS AND MOWER
08-31-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by GroundKprs
turfdog21 was one of a few with real knowledge and experience who have visited this site over the years. After a while they realize that their time is wasted on a gaggle of yard boys with inflated egos. Notice how so many spend their time attacking him - instead of trying to understand what he is saying. :confused: I agree. I for one got my feathers ruffled on this thread, but came to understand he made sense. Just didn't care for his approach sometimes. One thing that stuck in my head due to this thread was the 4-1-2 ratio when it comes to fertilizing. All I use now is 21-5-10 slow release fertilizer.

woodycrest
08-31-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by GroundKprs
turfdog21 was one of a few with real knowledge and experience who have visited this site over the years. After a while they realize that their time is wasted on a gaggle of yard boys with inflated egos. Notice how so many spend their time attacking him - instead of trying to understand what he is saying. :confused:

THe best thread i ever read!!!
i printed the whole thing out last year...a wealth of information there.

fcl01
08-31-2004, 12:57 AM
i had to quit at page 7. my brain started oozing out of my ears because i felt i was being mentally raped by that dude

LAWNS AND MOWER
08-31-2004, 01:02 AM
It gets better fcl01!!!!!

fcl01
08-31-2004, 01:11 AM
cant.......take.............................the...........................pressure.................. ................................................ ....... ...

Fareway Lawncare
08-31-2004, 03:17 AM
Don't Worry....He's Still Here......Just Under Another Name....

BCSteel
08-31-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Fareway Lawncare
Don't Worry....He's Still Here......Just Under Another Name....

Well at least his posts are easier to read then :)

Gravely_Man
08-31-2004, 11:27 AM
Now here is a name that all of the members that have been here for a while will remember!!!!

Originally posted by GBCS
It seemed that Lawrence Stone knew the fert business pretty well, but he sure irritated a lot of folks on here.

He had some really good ideas but just failed to present them in a acceptable mannor.

Gravely_Man

GBCS
09-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Gravely_Man
He had some really good ideas but just failed to present them in a acceptable mannor.

That was a nice way to put it.:D