PDA

View Full Version : No customer service here...

HighGrass
08-30-2004, 12:02 AM
...for liability reasons I won't mention the name of the dealership on route 202 in BTown that's near me but I have to vent so bare with me.

I have ten acres across the street that my mom owns and it has to be mowed at least twice a year. She keeps about 5 horses there and the mowing keeps the weeds down so the "hay burners" can keep on feeding.

I use a bush hog behind a JD 950. Two months ago it threw a blade. Broke right off at the pivot point. Anyway, I don't have the tools to repair it so I call up the local MF dealer where they carry and service Bush Hog mowers. So far I have called 8 times. All 8 times I have talked to the receptinist, and 7 times have left messages in a voice mail (as directed by her) that has the worst message I've ever heard for a service department. The message tells you to leave a message and that "he" will listen to a few times and figure out what to do...." What the...?
The one time that I didn't leave a message, I talked to "him" in person who claimed they were going to pick the mower up the next day. I left my name, number address and as a secondary, my mom's name and number and address. So far they havn't returned my calls or picked up the mower. It's been a month and a half since the first time I called them.

At this point, I'm thinking about calling the owner and telling him that I think he's treating us like crap, but I really don't think he cares either. Is it too much to expect someone to at least call you back and say, "Gee John, we're kinda busy and i don't think we can fix your mower for ya."
At least it would be an honest answer. You wanna Pi*S me off, don't return my calls.:angry:

Thanks for letting me vent.

i_plant_art
08-30-2004, 12:24 AM
just think though what are you gonna do if they DO come and ACTUALLY get ur mower to fix and THEN you cant get ahold of HIM i think then that would really piss me off u know im sure for u too it would ....i think i would just give up and look elsewhere ....... seems like HIM might be too much to deal with .....

HighGrass
08-30-2004, 12:32 AM
i_plant_art

I agree. If these guys do come and get it, it'll probably be freakin spring before I see it again...or worse.

I've called every where. No one wants to work on it and the nearest bush hog dealer is 50 miles from here. Pick and delivery would probably be more than the mower is worth (including repairs)

I hate to say it, but I may either see if one of the local welding shops, or garages wants to take a crack at it. I'll end up taking it with the tractor (probably an hour round trip).

The only other alternative...buy a new mower.:eek:

kkat
08-30-2004, 07:46 AM
Dealers should let you know what is going on, whether they will fix it or not, not returning phone calls is just plain rude, I can understand maybe not returning a call right away but he should at least get a hold of you, or at least instruct the receptionest to state wether they are just to backed up or whatever.

Itsgottobegreen
08-30-2004, 09:53 AM
What excatly did you break? If is a blade, replace the blade. Which you can get anywhere. If its the pivot, forget about welding it. It will only break again. Have you tried going down to the dealer to try talking to the owner or the service guy?

HighGrass
08-30-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Itsgottobegreen
What excatly did you break? If is a blade, replace the blade. Which you can get anywhere. If its the pivot, forget about welding it. It will only break again. Have you tried going down to the dealer to try talking to the owner or the service guy?

1- I've tried using a 5 foot pipe on the pivot bolt, no luck. Needs serious air wrench or welder

2-I went to the dealer this morning. The guy that picks equipment up was on the road (so they said) and they will be happy to leave hi a message. I'm so glad I made that trip (1 hour and 15 minutes round trip)

3- The service guy just said, "Can't really do anything till we get it here." I looked at him and said, "Well, I have been trying to get it picked up for a month now..." He just shrugged his shoulders.

I walked out.

Gravely_Man
08-30-2004, 12:08 PM
That is awful customer service but then again that is becoming the norm around here. I would try calling someone else but make sure you let the 1st guy know not to touch it. The minute you find someone else the 1st guy will go and pick it the tractor.

Gravely_Man