View Full Version : how much for pesticides license? bobby gedd first.....

08-30-2004, 01:11 AM
how much does a pesticides license cost?

08-30-2004, 01:20 AM
after i took my tests, it cost me, and i think this is right. $125 annual renewel for the responsible applicator (that's me). and $75 a year for the business. total is $200. i think this is right. want me to check and make sure to give you an exact amount? you see, the year runs from october to october. my renewels were sent in quite a while back. why did you say, "bobby first?"

08-30-2004, 01:39 AM
i said you first because i trust you. you seem the most down to earth guy on here. you say it like it is and i knew i'd get a straight answer from you.

08-30-2004, 01:42 AM
or you think i'm not licensed. was this a quiz?

08-30-2004, 01:46 AM
like i said from my previous post, i knew i'd get a straight answer from you..... and no, its not a quiz... i was'nt any good at quizzes anyway....

08-30-2004, 01:54 AM
are you licensed yet? taking the tests? if you have any questions, feel free to ask. i'll be glad to help u out

08-30-2004, 07:49 AM
no, i'm not licensed yet... not really sure how to go about it. don't know who to talk to or where to go or anything... any help would be greatly appreciated...

08-30-2004, 09:09 AM
call the department of environmental protection in your state, ask them what the requirements are. here, when i took the test years ago, it was simply a self study with books you purchase from the state, then take the tests, they were open book. now though, they have become stricter, but check out what the deal is in your state. call the d.e.p.

08-30-2004, 09:22 AM
Why didnt you just pm him???

08-30-2004, 09:37 AM
or try your state department of agriculture, but then again, you might think that I am lying...lol

08-30-2004, 09:52 AM
what if i'm in business with a friend of mine? would we both have to take the tests? and whats the average price to take the test?

08-30-2004, 12:15 PM
i don't remember if i had to pay to take the test, if i did, it was minor, like mnaybe $50. in new jersey, whatever the business is who is for hire, must be registerd and licensed. in order to HAVE your business licensed, you must employ a "responsible applicator" who is going to apply the chemicals, and keep the records, and will be responsible for upholding the laws. if you are licensed, and your friend is not, your friend can apply, but must be in clear view of you at all times. now, he can get an "operators" license, which will require much lesser testing , but he will be under your supervision, this means you don't have to be on the site, but, he must be able to contact you at all times, and you must be within 3 hrs travel time to the site . these are nj regs, they vary from state to state

Outback Designz
08-30-2004, 12:37 PM
What part of Ky you located. Inlexington you can get the info you need from UK. If both of you plan to spray you will both have to pass test.

Outback Designz
08-30-2004, 12:39 PM
I would talk with Uk. Laws are a little different from NJ like bobby mentioned.

08-30-2004, 01:45 PM
License is the easy bit. Getting the insurance will be the fun part.

08-30-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by bobbygedd
or you think i'm not licensed. was this a quiz?
Paranioa:: :eek:

08-30-2004, 03:14 PM
yes gramps, it's part of the long term effects of that stuff i smoke

08-30-2004, 08:33 PM
outback, i live near ashland. on the eastern end... is there a website that you know of that could give me more info???

thanks bobby for the info....

Outback Designz
08-31-2004, 07:27 AM
Try this site. http://www.uky.edu/Agriculture/PAT/newcat.htm

Outback Designz
09-07-2004, 07:28 AM
lw, What that site of any use to you?
Hope it answered any questions you have.