PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Z blades

clc2003
08-30-2004, 01:43 AM
Does anybody know what part # their factory blades are? Just bought a new set from my dealer and I think I ruined one already. I don't know what size hole the blades have in them. My air comp. went to hell on me so I havn't been able to take one off. I am definately considering buying aftermarket online. Does anybody use aftermarket Hi lift blades. Don't think I am interested in Gators. All help will be apprieciated.

odin
08-30-2004, 01:51 AM
the hole is 5/8 inch ..sure you can use aftermarket blades

J-THOMAS has very good after market's at good prices....try www.j-thomas.com or www.mowmore.com.
Or you can send the biz your dealers way and buy stock blades from him

Runner
08-30-2004, 01:55 AM
I get my blades through just about anyone but my Exmark dealer. I can get the Dixie Chopper style that have the long beveled edges in a solid foil highlift (60" cut) for around 8 bucks apiece through my Lesco. J.Thomas has them for around the same price. The notched foil blades tend to leave streaks on my Lazer.

grasssin
08-30-2004, 01:58 AM
Get the Excalibur Extreme Blades from exmark, trust me they ROCK!

tacoma200
08-30-2004, 03:22 AM
I use J-Thomas aftermarket high lift blade with no problems. I cant tell which set is on the mower unless I look. They mow about the same. Seem like they are priced at only 7 or 8 dollars apiece or about half the price of Exmarks.

clc2003
08-30-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks guys. glad to see others agree with me. I probably wouldn't have a problem buying direct from my dealer, but they cost so much more. Like I said I put on 3 new blades and one of them is probably ruined already. I want to buy a new blade for that set and then buy another set of aftermarket and rotate them. I can't believe how hard I have been on blades this year.

Sooners
08-30-2004, 08:21 PM
I always get my blades from my Exmark dealer. Some are Exmark ($10 for Excalibur) and some are after market ($8 for gator or hi-lift). I've never looked to see what the shipping would be on blades. I just assume it's a lot because of the heavy steel.

Runner
09-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Where is your dealer that you can get Excaliburs for $10.? I would love to contact them and have them ship me some (maybe about a dozen sets). I DO like the Excaliburs, because they are so much thinner and lighter than the aftermarkets, but my dealer is a bit ridiculous on all their over the counter prices...esPECially anything that has Exmark on it.

odin
09-01-2004, 01:14 AM
excalibers are about 20 bucks a blade here .for 20 and half inch blades for a 60 inch deck

clc2003
09-01-2004, 01:41 AM
Just picked up a replacement blade for my new set. I went to another dealer today just because I was in a different town, (Both dealers are out of town). They sold me a Excalibur for less than 12 bucks w/tax. That is about 4 bucks less than my regular dealer. Nice to know if I decide to stick with Exmark blades.